Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Sandy

Go down 
+18
manny
speed101
kmorg
chewie
Addy
A Handful of Wayne
Ricky
jstate
QuothTheRaven
SpectreFate
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
exact33
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:48 pm

Hurricane Sandy 2w3oy2f

doh!!!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Yeah, cancel your Halloween plans, dude.

I'm having serious deja-vu up in here, last year Halloween got cancelled cuz of a crazy snow & ice storm two days before, which knocked out power all over town (including my house) for four days. I just hope my lights stay on this time.

Fortunately my kids' school is having a "Trunk or Treat" activity in the school parking lot tomorrow evening so the kids will get to put on their costumes and go hit some people up for candy. I told'em to make the most of it cuz from the looks of it, the "real" day is about to be cancelled for the second year in a row.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Looks like this thing is going to combine with a couple other weather systems and create something worse than 91's "perfect storm". Local news reports are calling it "Frankenstorm" and predicting over 1 billion in damages.

Thoughts and prayers with our members on the East coast...

The King
exact33

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yeah, cancel your Halloween plans, dude.

I'm having serious deja-vu up in here, last year Halloween got cancelled cuz of a crazy snos & ice storm two days before, which knocked out power all over town (including my house) for four days. I just hope my lights stay on this time.

Fortunately my kids' school is having a "Trunk or Treat" activity in the school parking lot tomorrow evening so the kids will get to put on their costumes and go hit some people up for candy. I told'em to make the most of it cuz from the looks of it, the "real" day is about to be cancelled for the second year in a row.

you got that right. I dont normally get too concerned but the track is coming right us. I bought a generator and have been stockpiling supplies before the rest of the area gets wind of this one.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Quote :
"Frankenstorm"

I wanna hear it sing "Puttin' on the Riiiiitz!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
"Frankenstorm"

I wanna hear it sing "Puttin' on the Riiiiitz!"

I expect we will end up in Kansas before this one is over...

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 am

Hoping it fizzles before it hits land. Hang in there guys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:08 am

I'll batten down the hatches this weekend and hope our front bay window doesn't leak. Stinks about Halloween though. The kiddies won't be pleased.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:19 am

exact33 wrote:
Hurricane Sandy 2w3oy2f

doh!!!

The King is in MD?

BTW - looks like The Joker is in that path too
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:47 pm

I sure am glad I don't live near the ocean. Hope everything turns out OK.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Looks like there's a good chance of a direct hit to Boston.

http://tinyurl.com/baaaaston

Betta gas up ya caars now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm on the very outer fringe of that thing (towards the Ohio border). Here's hoping that the weathermen are wrong on this one. It could be a doozy. Hang in there guys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:26 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Looks like there's a good chance of a direct hit to Boston.

http://tinyurl.com/baaaaston

Betta gas up ya caars now.

I sure hope this doesn't interfere with Eyesore's cd shopping. There's a new Yo La Tengo cd coming out Tuesday that he absolutley must have.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Hurricane Sandy 201269

And in other news, 7 bands have called it quits due to some guy not being able to get out to purchase cd's for three days.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Hurricane Sandy 647664

This is supposed to affect most of the East for a couple of days next week. Here in Ohio they are predicting high winds and rain (or snow, depending on where you are) mid-week. Hope everyone stays safe!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Hurricane Sandy 2w3oy2f

doh!!!

The King is in MD?

yep, although right about now I wish I didnt.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:03 am

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Hurricane Sandy 2w3oy2f

doh!!!

The King is in MD?

I thought you were in PA or Delaware for some reason...... I'm in that path too (I'm 45 miles due west of the White House) - have to go pick up some food today....... stuff that will last if I lose power. Someone posted to make sure your smartphone is charged so you can post "I Have no power" updates on facebook.......
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 am

Be safe everybody. I'm a former Marylander myself and the last month I lived there in 2003 a hurricane blew through. Of course it was two days before my house inspection. Some real anxious moments that night. The area took a real pounding and the subsequent flooding was worse. Scary stuff what nature is capable of.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm about as ready as I'll ever be. Wife hit the grocery store for bottled water and snacks yesterday, and I spent most of the day cleaning the yard, putting away everything that might become airborne in high winds, and now I'm well stocked with tobacco and Pabst. Bring it on Sandy.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Ran around this AM completing the last couple of errands we needed to get done before the storm comes thru. The TV suggested that you fill up your car(s) with gas, so I took my truck and then my wife's car to the gas station, which of course had lines going down the block. That was weird. I haven't sat in a "gas line" since I was a kid during the Energy Crisis of the '70s.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ran around this AM completing the last couple of errands we needed to get done before the storm comes thru. The TV suggested that you fill up your car(s) with gas, so I took my truck and then my wife's car to the gas station, which of course had lines going down the block. That was weird. I haven't sat in a "gas line" since I was a kid during the Energy Crisis of the '70s.

Sat in a huge line yesterday at Costco for gas too....... It was long line, I manged to listened to the songs "Dance Of Death" and "When The Wild Wind Blows" completely while waiting in line!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I got gas in both vehicles and 10 extra gallons for my generator. I dont think the eye will come right over me but it will not be far away. I got everything not nailed down in storage now but my neighbor has his boat in the open. I hope the winds dont move it.

exact33
The King
exact33

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:57 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Hurricane Sandy 2w3oy2f

doh!!!

The King is in MD?

I thought you were in PA or Delaware for some reason...... I'm in that path too (I'm 45 miles due west of the White House) - have to go pick up some food today....... stuff that will last if I lose power. Someone posted to make sure your smartphone is charged so you can post "I Have no power" updates on facebook.......

I am so close I can spit into Delaware plus I work in Delaware so I can understand that.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Quote :
10 extra gallons for my generator.

Unfortunately, I don't own a generator, so if/when my lights go out I'm pretty much screwed.

We had planned on getting a generator this year after our experiences in 2011 but thanks to a couple of medical emergencies & other stuff, we just didn't have the cash for it. Even if we did, you probably couldn't find a generator for sale within 100 miles of here now anyway.

Next year, we know where our tax refund is going...

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:08 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Hurricane Sandy 2w3oy2f

doh!!!

The King is in MD?

I am so close I can spit into Delaware plus I work in Delaware so I can understand that.

Yep, that explains it!!!! Stay safe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hurricane Sandy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: