Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Sandy

Go down 
+18
manny
speed101
kmorg
chewie
Addy
A Handful of Wayne
Ricky
jstate
QuothTheRaven
SpectreFate
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
exact33
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:10 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 2w3oy2f

doh!!!

The King is in MD?

BTW - looks like The Joker is in that path too

yep, although right about now I wish I didnt.

I thought you were in PA or Delaware for some reason...... I'm in that path too (I'm 45 miles due west of the White House) - have to go pick up some food today....... stuff that will last if I lose power. Someone posted to make sure your smartphone is charged so you can post "I Have no power" updates on facebook.......

I am so close I can spit into Delaware plus I work in Delaware so I can understand that.

Yep, that explains it!!!! Stay safe!

i might be able to get out and ride my broom in this weather Smile

Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:37 pm

the king better hold on to his crown
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm really hoping the post office stops delivery during this or else everyones packages are being left in the rain. If I gotta get wet then so do they.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:55 pm

I live in CT and ready as I am gonna be stay safe everybody
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'm really hoping the post office stops delivery during this or else everyones packages are being left in the rain. If I gotta get wet then so do they.

What about that whole "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" thing? Wuss. Razz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

What about that whole "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" thing? Wuss. Razz

Saw this pic on weather.com:

Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Seabri10
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 am

my basement has sprung a leak - the builder apparently didnt seal around where the dryer vent is located.

It is one heck of a storm already and the squalls have not even arrived yet.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:17 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Saw this pic on weather.com:

Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Seabri10

Awwww hellz yeah. Jersey Shore postal workers be HARDCORE, yo!! \'arry \'eadbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:18 am

You folks in the storm's path....Freddy, exact, Wayne, joker, etc....are you guys working today?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 am

Nope. Offices CLOSED. Tuesday is pending.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:27 am

SpectreFate wrote:
You folks in the storm's path....Freddy, exact, Wayne, joker, etc....are you guys working today?

nope. My employer is closed today and most likely tomorrow.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:15 am

SpectreFate wrote:

I am a full time tele-worker, so I am working. That said, slow day since the folks I deal with on the east coast are all out of the office. The folks I deal with in Europe and Asia are working. Will be working a normal day unless I lose power.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm praying you all stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:41 pm

My work was business as usual but due to the workflow I was off today but we're ot use our own judgment if we feel safe, etc......

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:42 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Yea I worked today. Went it at 6 got done by 11:30. I didn't know about it til I got back but they were telling everyone to get back by 12. Tomorrow is up in the air still. Its so stupid. Today wasn't too bad it was just windy but as I was getting closer to get done it started raining and the wind is picking up. My supervisor called me and said don't come in early tomorrow cause no ones opening til 7 if we are to go in. I might not bother going in to later on cause there can't possibly be any mail and even if there is I'll just do it and go home. The streets will be flooded on my route for sure. We aren't near the water but the sewer drains fill up quick.

We'll see what happens tomorrow though. I'm really hoping they just let it go for tomorrow. junk mail isn't worth risking your life over.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Addy wrote:
My work was business as usual but due to the workflow I was off today but we're ot use our own judgment if we feel safe, etc......

Hahaha in that case I would be like, yea its not safe. SEE YA!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:44 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

I was at work earlier but I'm home now, they closed up shop at 12 noon. Tomorrow will be "call us in the morning and see if anybody picks up the phone."

It was an interesting drive home, lotsa trees waving back & forth in the wind and sticks & limbs all over the roads.

Glad to be home, glad that the power is still on... for now, at least.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

I was at work earlier but I'm home now, they closed up shop at 12 noon. Tomorrow will be "call us in the morning and see if anybody picks up the phone."

It was an interesting drive home, lotsa trees waving back & forth in the wind and sticks & limbs all over the roads.

Glad to be home, glad that the power is still on... for now, at least.

we are getting pounded here in Maryland. The big trees are swaying like sticks and it is raining really really hard. I just heard the eye may come close.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Addy wrote:

Hahaha in that case I would be like, yea its not safe. SEE YA!

Same here, I was kind of pissed that it was business as usual as my boss tends to like to send me all over the place some days Ive driven 200+ miles just for work gets old....

I dont expect to be working tomorrow either
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 pm

I know they were being cautious, but I probably could have gone to work this morning and then left early. It's not supposed to hit us hard till tonight. Tomorrow will suppesedly be much worse.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:17 pm

some pics:

Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 29zbdhj

Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 2w3qgls

Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 8vukg4

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Just a lot of rain on the VA side of DC - got a few Loudoun County alerts about streets closed due to flooding. Wind not so bad so far.... and school cancelled for tomorrow already
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 pm

I hope everyone is surviving Sandy so far! I've been lucky and still have power, just getting lots of rain and wind. I've been watching the footage and hope our friends in NJ/NY are OK!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:41 pm

my daughter, who lives in the East Village, lost power, but as far as i know she hasn't been flooded out yet.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:20 am

We got some wind overnight but nothing fierce. Got a nice amount of rain but nowhere near what they're getting out east.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next