Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+28
jettafiend
shamgar75
iamrockerfun
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Joe
CRIMSONMASK
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
jstate
Sutekh
Wurthless
manny
Required Fields
Ricky
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
EmoElmo
exact33
tohostudios
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969)

In George Lazenby's one and only turn as 007, James Bond travels from Italy to the Swiss Alps, where he romances a Countess (Diana Rigg) and uncovers a secret plot by the evil Blofeld (Telly Savalas) to sterilize the world via biological warfare.

This is the one and only film in the 007 series that I'd never seen. A lot of fans seem to hate it but I was actually impressed by it. Lazenby's performance as Bond was adequate (he had the self-assured smirk of Connery and can brawl with the best of 'em), Diana Rigg was purty, and though the film is a bit longer than it really needs to be, the last hour is just one cool action sequence after another.

Lazenby probably would've been a pretty decent Bond if he'd stuck with the role, however, legend has it that he declined to return thanks to some poor advice from his management, who advised him that the Bond character was "passe" once the swingin' 60s ended. Great career move there, George.

Love that movie. The most intense ending of the entire series.

Originally that ending was shot with the intention of being played as the pre-credit sequence for the next film...but by the time post-production was nearing completion the producers had already decided they were going to replace Lazenby...so they included the assassination attempt at the end of the film.

Diana Rigg is my favorite Bond girl.

Always enjoyed this one, despite the fact that Lazenby is a below average actor. The action sequences and locations alone are pure Bond, and Diana Rigg is my 60s dream girl anyway! Speaking of which, I've been watching her in 60s spy series The Avengers: witty, articulate and drop dead gorgeous.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Diana+Rigg+as+Mrs+Emma+Peel+in+The+Avengers
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:09 pm

Swamp People
3rd Rock From The Sun
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:08 am

NLCS

Back to San Fran for game 6.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:56 am

The Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Clue

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 5:40 pm

A Schlock-tober classic:

"The Blob" (1958)

A youthful Steve McQueen and his fellow teenage hot-rodders fight to save their town from a mass of man-eating space goop in this quaint '50s sci-fi/horror goodie. Fun for the whole family!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Last time I saw the original The Blob, I noticed it kept changing colors; sometimes it was reddish or pinkish and other times it was black. Been ages since I've seen it so it may have been a poor video transfer I saw.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:00 am

Billy The Exterminator

3rd Rock From The Sun
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:33 am

voyage to the bottom of the sea
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 4:49 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 41pqhSsPnbL._SL500_AA300_

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 5:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Last time I saw the original The Blob, I noticed it kept changing colors; sometimes it was reddish or pinkish and other times it was black. Been ages since I've seen it so it may have been a poor video transfer I saw.

I saw it on Turner Classic Movies and noticed the same thing. I guess nobody expected people to still be watching the movie 50 years later so preservation of the prints was not a big priority. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Star trek III: The Search for Spock

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Billy The Exterminator: This episode gave me the hebbie jebbies as one house (trailer) was filled with thousands of cockroaches. I just hate those damn things to the point of phobia as I do with slugs/snails (unlike the disease monsters, the slimy things are relativly harmless but they freak me out nonetheless).

3rd Rock From The Sun: back to this, can't stop watching it though I'm almost out of seasons. After that I can start the CM Punk DVD.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Yesterday evening, I watched this movie:
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 First_Poster_For_Bobcat_Goldthwait_God_Bless_America_Wields_Two_Guns_1326920461
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Cowboys and Panthers game earlier.

The Cards/Giants baseball game is on now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:08 am

Watched the Texans demolish the Ravens then later in the evening I watched the Steelers Bengals game.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:42 am

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 51WE1E94KKL._SL500_AA300_
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Amityville+Horror+II
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 51WD9TJ25EL._SL500_AA300_
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 The-Campaign-Soundtrack
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 am

Friday night: 'Source Code'. Freaking awesome. Loved it.
Saturday night: '50/50'. Horribly f*cking depressing. Loved it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:50 am

My oldest son ,for Christmas one year gave him the entire Bond series on DVD, it included every film, except 'Never Say Never' which was a remake of 'Thunderball' anyway, need to go back and revisit these flicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:56 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Both excellent films.

Have you seen "Up In The Air"? That's one of my favorite comedy/dramas of the past few years, starring George Clooney and Anna Kendrick in her Oscar-nominated role, she played the therapist in 50/50.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Both excellent films.

Have you seen "Up In The Air"? That's one of my favorite comedy/dramas of the past few years, starring George Clooney and Anna Kendrick in her Oscar-nominated role, she played the therapist in 50/50.

Yea, I've seen 'Up In The Air' (another great flick) and oddly enough, that chick plays somewhat the same character in both movies.

In one, she an inexperienced professional who goes by-the-book and has never dealt with face-to-face people. In the other, she's an inexperienced doctor-in-training that goes by-the-book in her therapy sessions not quite knowing how to deal with someone face-to-face. Strange type-casting, no? Razz

I had to keep reminding my wife that '50/50' was also a comedy as she was bawling her eyes out. "See honey, comedy!!".

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 pm

I saw Kendrick talking about both roles recently. She said her character in Up In The Air was over-confident and cocky without the actual experience to back it up, while her character in 50/50 was mistake-prone and insecure. She's a fine actress, I think one of the best in recent years.

The director of 50/50 wrote the role specifically for her.

Last night I watched a charming little indie film, 3-character drama called Your Sister's Sister. The film was mostly improvised and is not plot-driven, would probably drive alot of people nuts because it's mostly just the characters talking to each other, but it was impeccably done and the acting is top notch, especially Emily Blunt.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 510eKFC1AmL._SX500_
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:35 pm

S.D. wrote:
I saw Kendrick talking about both roles recently. She said her character in Up In The Air was over-confident and cocky without the actual experience to back it up, while her character in 50/50 was mistake-prone and insecure. She's a fine actress, I think one of the best in recent years.

What else has she done? I didn't reconize her name and it took me a few minutes of screen time before it finally clicked where I saw her before.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

What else has she done? I didn't reconize her name and it took me a few minutes of screen time before it finally clicked where I saw her before.

I first saw her in Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, a small role but she stole every scene she was in. She started out on Broadway, the youngest person to be nominated for a Tony Award (12). She's done some independent films (Rocket Science, Camp, Elsewhere) as well as tiny supporting roles in big budget fare like the first 3 Twilight films.

She's been very busy recently, she was in the already released End Of Watch, Paranorman (voice) and Pitch Perfect plus the upcoming Robert Redford film "The Company You Keep" and several others to be released over the next few months.

She can also sing and accompany herself using only a plastic cup....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next