Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+28
jettafiend
shamgar75
iamrockerfun
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Joe
CRIMSONMASK
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
jstate
Sutekh
Wurthless
manny
Required Fields
Ricky
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
EmoElmo
exact33
tohostudios
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:52 pm

in the middle of Frasier sn 8
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 pm

The Drew Carey Show
WWE Raw
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Everybody Loves Raymond

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Finishing up "Heroes".

Also watched the premier episode of "Bones" last night, they did a nice job of tying up the cliffhanger from last season.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:14 am

Catacombs-if you ever wanted to see popstar Pink in a horror movie, this is the one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 pm

I started "Helldriver" today.

It was readily apparent this was made by the same people who made "Machine Girl" and "Tokyo Gore Police"; the grue starts almost immediately and is really cheesy looking and a lot of the "plot" to this point makes no sense and my experience with these filmakers is that I shouldn't expect much plot resolution. They make these things for the over-the-top, in-yer-face, "never-saw-or-even-thought-of-that-before" shock value.

And that's exactly what I wanted from this movie. TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 11840

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Caught up with Warehouse 13 and finished Season 3 of MasterChef.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Quote :
Caught up with Warehouse 13

I am so far behind on this new season of WH13 that I may as well wait for the DVD at this point...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Caught up with Warehouse 13

I am so far behind on this new season of WH13 that I may as well wait for the DVD at this point...

I'm even further behind. I don't think I've seen an episode this season. Hell, I still haven't seen the final episode of Eureka.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Stargate: Universe

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Cardinals vs Astros. Another reason it's nice to work from home; I get to see the day games.

Cards won 5-4. Still hanging on to the second NL wild card spot.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:55 am

Gangsters: Mayor Of Harlem
The Drew Carey Show
World's Dumbest
The First 48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:48 am

"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" (2004)

Jude Law is an ace mercenary fighter pilot who has to save the Earth - and his plucky girl-reporter love interest - from a mad scientist who's threatening the world with an army of giant robots. This big-budget retro-futuristic action flick set in an alternate-universe 1930s is kinda like a high tech "Rocketeer."

Visually "Sky Captain" is a trip - the film mixes influences from Indiana Jones, Tim Burton's "Batman," 1930s pulp magazines, and Max Fleischer's WWII "Superman" cartoons. Story-wise it's pretty basic, old fashioned movie-serial action - i.e. nothing to write home about - but the film's unique look makes up for it. Oh, and Gwyneth Paltrow is cute as hell as the Lois Lane-style damsel in distress.

This flick tanked when it was released in 2004 but it's worth a look!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" (2004)

Jude Law is an ace mercenary fighter pilot who has to save the Earth - and his plucky girl-reporter love interest - from a mad scientist who's threatening the world with an army of giant robots. This big-budget retro-futuristic action flick set in an alternate-universe 1930s is kinda like a high tech "Rocketeer."

Visually "Sky Captain" is a trip - the film mixes influences from Indiana Jones, Tim Burton's "Batman," 1930s pulp magazines, and Max Fleischer's WWII "Superman" cartoons. Story-wise it's pretty basic, old fashioned movie-serial action - i.e. nothing to write home about - but the film's unique look makes up for it. Oh, and Gwyneth Paltrow is cute as hell as the Lois Lane-style damsel in distress.

This flick tanked when it was released in 2004 but it's worth a look!

I liked the movie, and the setting was a great idea. Some of the CGI was brilliant, but some looked awful, which was frustrating, as that was a big selling point.

Anyway, just finished Easy A, a very quirky and funny film.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 am

Quote :
Some of the CGI was brilliant, but some looked awful, which was frustrating, as that was a big selling point.

They certainly could've used a larger color palette. Nearly everything was dark - grey, black, brown, dark green, or dark blue. Even the daytime scenes look like they take place in the middle of the night. Very Happy

Those giant robots stomping through 1930s Manhattan were pretty cool though. I swear they copped them straight out of the old "Superman" cartoon, "The Mechanical Monsters":

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:51 am

Sutekh wrote:

Anyway, just finished Easy A, a very quirky and funny film.

Easy A is a great flick!

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Parks and Recreation

Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 pm

exact33 wrote:
Parks and Recreation

headbanger

I watched two or three episodes today, as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

They certainly could've used a larger color palette. Nearly everything was dark - grey, black, brown, dark green, or dark blue. Even the daytime scenes look like they take place in the middle of the night. Very Happy

They were going for the "mood" of B&W without actually having the film be in B&W (which the studio wouldn't have allowed anyway).

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:34 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

They were going for the "mood" of B&W without actually having the film be in B&W (which the studio wouldn't have allowed anyway).

Yeah, supposedly the director wanted to do the movie in B&W originally, but the studio said "Um...nope."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah, supposedly the director wanted to do the movie in B&W originally, but the studio said "Um...nope."

Frank Darabont wanted "The Mist" to be released in B&W but the studio wouldn't allow it, however they did release a 2-DVD set with the B&W version on the second disc. It's a creepier film in the B&W version. It's a shame that studios are so short-sighted when it comes to that medium, there are very interesting things you can do with lighting and texture in that format that you can't duplicate in color, it's mostly a lost art-form...thankfully there are still independent movies being released that use it.

Last years Best Picture winner was a B&W film and Joss Whedon's upcoming "Much Ado About Nothing" is also in B&W.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Frank Darabont wanted "The Mist" to be released in B&W but the studio wouldn't allow it, however they did release a 2-DVD set with the B&W version on the second disc. It's a creepier film in the B&W version. It's a shame that studios are so short-sighted when it comes to that medium, there are very interesting things you can do with lighting and texture in that format that you can't duplicate in color, it's mostly a lost art-form...thankfully there are still independent movies being released that use it.

Last years Best Picture winner was a B&W film and Joss Whedon's upcoming "Much Ado About Nothing" is also in B&W.

Tim Burton's 'Ed Wood' comes to mind. I love that film. The B&W works brilliantly. 'Clerks' too, but that might have been more of a budget issue.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:34 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Sad that most of the children (my neices and newphews) will not watch anything in B&W. Absence of color automatically makes something unwatchable. Hopefully they grow out of it but I've met several kids in their late teens/early 20s with the anti-B&W mentality.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Helldriver

What a movie this is! A two hour series of WTF? moments. What little plot there is doesn't make much sense and a lot of the FX are in cheap CGI but just the concepts presented are completely insane. I swear the writers sat around after doing some shrooms and dropping acid and they came up with this movie. This makes the director/writer's previous flick "Tokyo Gore Police" look like Citizen Kane. Gotta admire the creativity and inventiveness however. The most arterial sprays I've ever seen; even spraying from body parts not populated with arteries. They must have had one person who's sole job was to wipe off the camera lens.

EDIT: One other thing. One of our newer members goes by the name of ZombieHavoc. That would be a great alternate title for this movie; although technically these aren't actually undead zombies. They behave simlarly except these people aren't dead but still try to maintain the society of their former selves.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:38 am

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - US version
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next