Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever wonder why early albums always are better?

Go down 
+18
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Getizzyback
ShadowAngel
DallasBlack
speed101
SideShowDisaSter
James B.
Eyesore
mc666
EmoElmo
nevermore
krokus
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
chewie
exact33
Olafsto
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Empty
PostSubject: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:43 am

lol!
Ever wonder why early albums always are better? 200696_426828544030225_1012540211_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:50 am

lol!

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Bad boys running mild.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Perfect!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:28 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Most people dont stay true to their believes when they are young. Years and situations change them. Later when they are 40/50 they feel bad with them selves because they know they changed to much and they dont feel happy anymore. Thats why i am still the same in many ways like when i was 14 or 15 but with a family now and with more brains of course (and more records).
I DIDNT HAVE TO GIVE UP MY IDENTITY.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm very happy I'm not the same person I was at 15. Part of maturity is growing and evolving and expanding your horizons, that journey has been worthwhile to me.

Some of my friends from High School are still essentially exactly the same people they were 25 years ago (and still living within a 30 mile radius from where we went to school), that's fine for them, but I had to move on, stagnation drives me insane.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Man that was messed up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:42 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Man that was messed up

Even rock stars have to take their wives shopping from time to time.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:12 am

the 2nd pic he just looks like an average guy out shopping. in the 1st he looks like a duck faced, skinny jeans wearing douche.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:26 am

mc666 wrote:
the 2nd pic he just looks like an average guy out shopping. in the 1st he looks like a duck faced, skinny jeans wearing douche.
lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:08 am

All I miss is my hair......it was so much easier to scratch your back with hair down to your @$$

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:56 am

S.D. wrote:
I'm very happy I'm not the same person I was at 15. Part of maturity is growing and evolving and expanding your horizons, that journey has been worthwhile to me.

Some of my friends from High School are still essentially exactly the same people they were 25 years ago (and still living within a 30 mile radius from where we went to school), that's fine for them, but I had to move on, stagnation drives me insane.

absolutely. I still enjoy metal but I dont want to be the same person I was when i was 15 either, especially if its just to be 'metal'. I want to keep learning and be more effective in the community around me. I can still enjoy the music without having to look or behave in a certain manner.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:17 am

S.D. wrote:
and still living within a 30 mile radius from where we went to school

lol! I'm about 12,000 miles or so from where I went to school....

Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Im the same as Krokus above.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:12 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

absolutely. I still enjoy metal but I dont want to be the same person I was when i was 15 either, especially if its just to be 'metal'. I want to keep learning and be more effective in the community around me. I can still enjoy the music without having to look or behave in a certain manner.

I never got to look too metal when I was 15 due to not being allowed long hair or facial hair (yes, I could've grown a beard at 15). Then I joined the navy so still couldn't quite have the look then either. So I'm making up for it now. Since I'm essentially going to be a blue collar worker for the rest of my life, I can get away with it for the most part. Plus I want to have the look. I love having long hair, long beard, and wearing jeans and my band shirts (and leather jackets during the winter).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:10 pm

S.D. wrote:

Some of my friends from High School are still essentially exactly the same people they were 25 years ago (and still living within a 30 mile radius from where we went to school), that's fine for them

As long as they're happy, is there a problem?
I actually don't like that our society looks down at people who don't "grow up", move far, far away from their family just to show how 'grown up they are' and get completely new interests.
When i was 18 was into Heavy Metal, drinking Whiskey, driving a fast car and playing video games. People said "You'll change when you get older". Well, i'm 27 now and i still like Heavy Metal, drinking Whiskey, driving a fast car and video games lol! I never changed, i matured alot, i grew up and became a lot more responsive, yet why should i abandon the things i liked 10 years ago or Smurf...15-20 years ago? I still watch Masters of the Universe and get a kick out of it or Samurai Pizza Cats, probably my all-time favourite anime-series next to Saber Rider. You know, there was this one sentence in the movie Breakfast Club: "When you grow up, your heart dies" and that's the main problem, suddenly people think "uuuh we're 30, we can't do that, we're not allowed to do that" or "Oh...that's what kids do, not grown ups like me" or "I'm mature, i don't waste my time with this"
As long as you enjoy it...do it. Have Fun, don't care about what other say or think (Of course as long as it's in legal boundaries)

In Music it's the same, people say it's ridiculous when 40 year old try to act young, when they sing about "young themes" or it's even "creepy" (once they sing about sex, because we all know people over the age of 35 are not allowed to have sex, it's creepy for the youth!)
Bands try to act grown up, change their sound (mostly to more radio friendly and "mellow") and if a band goes out and say "Smurf, we do what we wanna do" they get ridiculed (see Mötley Crüe and "ahahaha they act like they're 20" or KISS or Axl Rose or a lot other of those bands): I think a lot of bands are actually forced into a 'grown-up' sound, be it from the label, the manager. it's a "do this or you're career is over' thing".

Of course some bands are just for the money, as the picture shows, the start out as "Ooooh we're so different, we have a message' to "radio crap" (Isn't Nirvana the perfect example, changing their tune from "Underground Grunge" (nobody bought because they were better bands around) to "MTV Crap" (everybody bought because people are idiots) in the span of 2 albums?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm 46 now, and I still like the same stuff I liked when I was 15, but I'm kinda tired
of the music itself, I'm craving newer music from my older bands.

I will admit I started listening to lighter rock stuff, like John Mellencamp, and
Bryan Adams, Styx, REO etc a little more than I used to. Maybe I am mellowing
out? Heck 50 is right around the corner! My dad used to complain to me when he was
my age now. "Boy, that screaming is hurting my ears"!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Olafsto wrote:
lol!
Ever wonder why early albums always are better? 200696_426828544030225_1012540211_n

Just stole that for my FB Profile pic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:12 am

ShadowAngel wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Some of my friends from High School are still essentially exactly the same people they were 25 years ago (and still living within a 30 mile radius from where we went to school), that's fine for them

As long as they're happy, is there a problem?

No, there is nothing wrong with it. That's why I said "that's fine for them".

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:23 pm

[quote="ShadowAngel"]
S.D. wrote:

You know, there was this one sentence in the movie Breakfast Club: "When you grow up, your heart dies" and that's the main problem, suddenly people think "uuuh we're 30, we can't do that, we're not allowed to do that" or "Oh...that's what kids do, not grown ups like me" or "I'm mature, i don't waste my time with this"
As long as you enjoy it...do it. Have Fun, don't care about what other say or think (Of course as long as it's in legal boundaries)

In Music it's the same, people say it's ridiculous when 40 year old try to act young, when they sing about "young themes" or it's even "creepy" (once they sing about sex, because we all know people over the age of 35 are not allowed to have sex, it's creepy for the youth!)
Bands try to act grown up, change their sound (mostly to more radio friendly and "mellow") and if a band goes out and say "Smurf, we do what we wanna do" they get ridiculed (see Mötley Crüe and "ahahaha they act like they're 20" or KISS or Axl Rose or a lot other of those bands): I think a lot of bands are actually forced into a 'grown-up' sound, be it from the label, the manager. it's a "do this or you're career is over' thing".

100% agree with you
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:27 pm

The picture has a point though. A young band is hungry for success, and play the music out of love for the music. An established band have had all the success, so the hunger is gone, and probably doesn't even like the same music as they did when they were younger anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:07 pm

I think it's fairly common for musicians to listen to different types of music on their own time than the style they play. I've read many interviews with bands who say they avoid listening to current groups within the same genre. They want to retain their own sound and if they pay too much attention to other groups they'll invariably pick up some of the stylistic traits of their competitors.

Plus if I was playing a style of music for a living, night after night for a year on tour, I'd definitely want to relax to something completely different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder why early albums always are better?   Ever wonder why early albums always are better? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever wonder why early albums always are better?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next