Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Linkin Park - Living Things

Go down 
+13
ShadowAngel
Rex
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
Vexer6
EmoElmo
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Troublezone
Eyesore
Lurideath
Psychotron
T-Roy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Never said 40-year-olds can't sign juvenile lyrics. I simply find it a bit pathetic.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:41 pm

I've never owned an LP album, and for the style of music they became popular for back in 2000, I thought they would have died out long ago, but 50+ million album sales and still on the radio regularly and tons of touring and a brand new album, I give them props on that much. Still wouldn't listen to them for the enjoyment of music though.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
Never said 40-year-olds can't sign juvenile lyrics. I simply find it a bit pathetic.
Well I don't tihnk it's pathetic at all, it would've been a lot worse if LB tried to go for a completely different sound like Linkin Park did.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:56 am

Just like Slipknot, they are an overrated band

Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 288219
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:08 am

I always love when we use the term overrated. I use it myself, but it's actually kind of silly. You have 10 million people that like something, and then you've got 10 people vehemently declaring it to be overrated. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:10 am

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Haven't heard any recent releases by the band and the only rap/metal band I still spin with any regularity is Rage Against The Machine. I still think they do that style better than anyone else.
Except Downset. Very Happy
Downset is great. probably one of the best in that style. certainly one of my favorites, alongside Biohazard.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Haven't heard any recent releases by the band and the only rap/metal band I still spin with any regularity is Rage Against The Machine. I still think they do that style better than anyone else.
Except Downset. Very Happy
Downset is great. probably one of the best in that style. certainly one of my favorites, alongside Biohazard.
Oh, I think a lot of bands do it better than Rage Against The Machine, though I do really like them. My comment was my typical response when people praise Rage, because they pretty much copped their style from early Downset.

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:05 am

I actually always liked Rage myself.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 am

I used to have 'Do We Speak a Dead Language' on cassette and I remember the rhymes being quite fresh sounding and the riffs actually being halfway decent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Linkin Park - Living Things
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2