Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Linkin Park - Living Things

Go down 
+13
ShadowAngel
Rex
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
Vexer6
EmoElmo
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Troublezone
Eyesore
Lurideath
Psychotron
T-Roy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Linkin Park - Living Things Empty
PostSubject: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:24 pm

What the hell is this crap?!! I've never listened to this band before but I was cruising itunes and saw this advertised. You can listen to the entire album free for a limited time.

This is like....techno, rap, rock crapola is what I call it. Honestly, I don't get these bands that are trying to cover all genres. I'm waiting for one of these songs to break into a big-band piece.

Has this band always been like this? I always thought Stinkin Park was rock/metal for some reason....
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Well, they have always sucked. That's all you need to know.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Always has been and always will be a garbage band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Actually, the were quite good for their first few albums. Yeah, modern alt-rock with rap-rock mixed in, but they wrote great songs. Their last two, and I'll assume this new one, were totally different albums. Almost electronica. I don't even think there was any guitars on the last album.

But I won't comment more because this thread is obviously for trash-talking purposes.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Actually, the were quite good for their first few albums. Yeah, modern alt-rock with rap-rock mixed in, but they wrote great songs. Their last two, and I'll assume this new one, were totally different albums. Almost electronica. I don't even think there was any guitars on the last album.

But I won't comment more because this thread is obviously for trash-talking purposes.
LMAO, thank you! Let us rant!

No that's exactly what this is dude. Electronica. But the iTunes description lists this: "The heavy-hitting combo returns with a huge album that radiates pop, METAL, electronica, hip-hop and all the in-between avenues." I guess that's fairly accurate if you ignore the "metal" reference. If there is guitar, it's digital. lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:59 pm

There's no point even mentioning them here... Pure crap.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:21 pm

I've never really given them a listen, so I can't comment. I just assumed from descriptions that I read that they wouldn't be my cup-o-tea.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Dang. Here I was all set to ban T-Roy for mentioning Linkin Park on our precious forum, till I saw that he was hatin' on 'em.

So I guess he can stay. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:31 pm

All I can say is I'm glad I discovered them when they were called Hybrid Theory, because that enabled me to research their past work and I scored albums by Chester's first band, Grey Daze, and their demo cassette for cheap. The demo is the one I sold for over $1,000 last year. =)

So yeah, I'm a big fan. Haha.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:20 pm

Great band ... Oh wait
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 am

I personally like Linkin Park and I like that they incorporate so many different styles, though I prefer Hybrid Theory and Metora over the material from Minute To Midnight onwards.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 am

ultmetal wrote:
I've never really given them a listen, so I can't comment. I just assumed from descriptions that I read that they wouldn't be my cup-o-tea.
Oh no, I think you'd LOVE 'em. Right out of your play book bro.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:36 pm

I still like their first two albums. Not my favorite band like they used to be. Their last couple of albums weren't so great to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:41 pm

The_Jayroh wrote:
I still like their first two albums. Not my favorite band like they used to be. Their last couple of albums weren't so great to me.
Yeah, i'm not a huge fan of they're drastic change in style, they still have a few good songs, but overall it's just not my cup of tea, I wish they would go back to they're old style like Limp Bizkit did with Gold Cobra.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
The_Jayroh wrote:
Yeah, i'm not a huge fan of they're drastic change in style, they still have a few good songs, but overall it's just not my cup of tea, I wish they would go back to they're old style like Limp Bizkit did with Gold Cobra.
Gold Cobra is pretty weak, though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:07 pm

I will confess to having their "Hybrid Theory" album; at one time I really dug the whole rap/metal hybrid thing.

Haven't heard any recent releases by the band and the only rap/metal band I still spin with any regularity is Rage Against The Machine. I still think they do that style better than anyone else.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:14 pm

I like them a lot. Chester has some real pipes. My favorite by far is Minutes to Midnight.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
The_Jayroh wrote:
Well I thought it was pretty good, certainly an improvement over Unquestionable Truth Part 1(I hear part 2 is coming this year)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Haven't heard any recent releases by the band and the only rap/metal band I still spin with any regularity is Rage Against The Machine. I still think they do that style better than anyone else.
Except Downset. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
The_Jayroh wrote:
Well I thought it was pretty good, certainly an improvement over Unquestionable Truth Part 1(I hear part 2 is coming this year)
See, I liked that one. Gold Cobra sounded too forced. It lacked that perfect marriage of groove and hook, like songs like "Rollin'" have, you know. And honestly, I can deal with the juvenile lyrics, but when it comes from 40+ year old men, it irritates me.

I like that Kid Rock, for instance, has matured as he's aged. Unlike Jahred, from (HED)pe, who writes even more insipid and childish lyrics now than he did 10 years ago. Fred Durst seems to be doing the same thing.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
The_Jayroh wrote:
See, I liked that one. Gold Cobra sounded too forced. It lacked that perfect marriage of groove and hook, like songs like "Rollin'" have, you know. And honestly, I can deal with the juvenile lyrics, but when it comes from 40+ year old men, it irritates me.

I like that Kid Rock, for instance, has matured as he's aged. Unlike Jahred, from (HED)pe, who writes even more insipid and childish lyrics now than he did 10 years ago. Fred Durst seems to be doing the same thing.

Yeah, I agree about Kid Rock.

I like his "Bull God"-era stuff but I also like that he's made himself into essentially a "Southern rocker". I like most of his albums actually.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 pm

I love Kid Rock. It's really no surprise that he's gone into a southern rock thing. It was always present, though minimally at first. But it's obviously a natural thing for him.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:47 pm

First of all: This was the last place i thought i have to read something about smurf poo Bizkit and Linkin Fart. Standards dropping fast...

That being said: I remember when LP came out with their first album....2 minute songs that all sounded the same basically with 2 type of songs: slow, fast...yet the made it big. After that they declined, declined, until they were forgotten. I think today they try to be alternacrap and talk about recording in a 'vintage' style.
Horrible band

As for our little red riding hood and his group of underdeveloped pseudo musicians: Germany was one of their last resort. Germany has a very, very bad taste when it comes to music and usually, most people here rely on Nostalgia. So when smurf poo Bizkit made a return, it was big news because "oooh we heard then when we went to school, it's amazing'
(Same as with...that shitty band with Bad Taste and that Rock Me Amadeus cover thing...i forgot teir name because they sucked big time yet were extremely popular here for whatever reason)
I still have nightmares from them showing up at Wrestlemania 19, playing TWO songs, very badly, with Fred Durst jumping around in the ring with some sluts while Undertaker on his bike pounding his chest, pretending he enjoys this crap.

I even have a discussion right now with some guy who like smurf poo music and after i mentioned that his 2 favourite papa roach songs used music from iron maiden he defended it with 'everybody steals, they are still great songs'
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
First of all: This was the last place i thought i have to read something about smurf poo Bizkit and Linkin Fart. Standards dropping fast...

That being said: I remember when LP came out with their first album....2 minute songs that all sounded the same basically with 2 type of songs: slow, fast...yet the made it big. After that they declined, declined, until they were forgotten. I think today they try to be alternacrap and talk about recording in a 'vintage' style.
Horrible band

As for our little red riding hood and his group of underdeveloped pseudo musicians: Germany was one of their last resort. Germany has a very, very bad taste when it comes to music and usually, most people here rely on Nostalgia. So when smurf poo Bizkit made a return, it was big news because "oooh we heard then when we went to school, it's amazing'
(Same as with...that shitty band with Bad Taste and that Rock Me Amadeus cover thing...i forgot teir name because they sucked big time yet were extremely popular here for whatever reason)
I still have nightmares from them showing up at Wrestlemania 19, playing TWO songs, very badly, with Fred Durst jumping around in the ring with some sluts while Undertaker on his bike pounding his chest, pretending he enjoys this crap.

I even have a discussion right now with some guy who like smurf poo music and after i mentioned that his 2 favourite papa roach songs used music from iron maiden he defended it with 'everybody steals, they are still great songs'
Quoted for ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
The_Jayroh wrote:

Well who says people in they're 40s can't sing juvenile lyrics? I really don't see how that factors into anything, I personally found "Truth" to be very forced sounding as I got the impression that they were trying too hard to sound like a completely different band, and it just didn't sound natural, it's no wonder they post-poned "part 2" for so long. In "Gold Cobra" they sounded freash and full of energy, "Shark Attack" "Shotgun" the title track and "Douchebag" or some of they're best songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Linkin Park - Living Things   Linkin Park - Living Things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Linkin Park - Living Things
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next