Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New ANVIL...

Go down 
+4
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
sovdat
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:56 pm

Apparently this one, at least for now, is only being released directly through the band and to get a copy you have to send a money order for $25 to the band. Wow! That is expensive and SUCKS royally. I was really looking forward to "This is Thirteen".
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:01 pm

This is just for a limited edition (1000 copies).
There must be a regular version, I guess??
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:04 pm

sovdat wrote:
There must be a regular version, I guess??

Where? When? How?
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:15 pm

I don't know ...

Well, it's $20 + $5 or 15 EUR + 5 EUR for European people - and that's cheaper than regular new releases here, so there's nothing to complain Smile

I guess it's the best if you contact Lips directly and ask him about it, you can find his email at their homepage:
http://my.tbaytel.net/~tgallo@tbaytel.net/anvil/contact.htm
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:21 pm

Done. We'll see if he replies.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:23 pm

Here the title track here:
http://www.myspace.com/anvilips

Administrator
ultmetal

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 2:02 pm

Well, I received an email back from Lips but he didn't really answer my question.

Quote :
If you want to purchase a cd Robb will hook you up... robbreiner@yahoo.com directly from the band...no label....Thanks...LIPS

Hello bro.

My name is Scott Waters. I sing in a metal band and also run a website
called NoLifeTilMetal.com with a section dedicated to ANVIL!
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/anvil.htm

I am a long time Anvil fan and anxiously await the new CD. Will This Is
Thirteen be released nationally on a label or is it only going to be
available directly through the band?

Thanks,
Scott

I guess I'll try Robb. lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 2:10 pm

i'd pay the $25 since it's Anvil.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 2:53 pm

Well, he DOES say in his reply that it's not on a label. Maybe they haven't gotten a label to pick it up yet, or at least distribute it.

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 3:09 pm

It's canadian dollar no? Anvil is a Canadian band...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 5:23 pm

I will buy it when it get in the stores. I am not going to send the money to the band, i only do that with THOR lol, and underground bands. ANVIL cd´s should be in the shops/webstores.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:17 am

Quote :
hey scott.....at the moment the cd is only available from the band.....there limited edtion...the price is $20.00 per cd and $5.00 for shpping and handleing,......make out money order in the name of R+R Ent and send to 592 sheppard ave w p.o.77566 toronto, ont canada m3m-6a7............thanx............
be good, Robbo...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:18 am

$25 for a single CD? Geez, what a rip off.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 3:02 pm

Received a LONG email from Lips. He did answer my question about being released on a label.

Quote :
Hi Scott,
Nice to hear from you!!! I have looked at your (NLTM) page in the past and just had a quick reminder by looking just now. I'm particularly happy with what you wrote about Strength of Steel. I happen to agree with you on most points. In the end that is one of our most popular cd's and in fact it has sold more than most of our cd's. We were misunderstood in it's day. It was a good album and always will be. The main problem at that time in history it was the beginning of the fragmentation of the metal genre. Lines were drawn in the sand seperating commercial and non commercial rock. This cd played the line and it wasn't possitively accepted from either faction of metal heads. You were correct in saying there was no commercial songs there...and the fact in retrospect is cemented as the truth because the album never got radio play then or now.

In regards to our new cd This is Thirteen, we've chosen to release the cd on our own not using a label. In this day and age record companies are not paying enough money to bands to recoupe recording costs or for tour support. If we sell cd's on our own we stand to make 10X the profit a record company will pay the artist. However we stand to probably sell a quarter of what we may sell with a company but in the end make more money, which will pay for our next cd. We are not sending out promotional copies at this time, however if you wish to purchase one...email Robb, he will be happy to send you one. robbreiner@yahoo.com All the best and thanks for your continued support....

Steve(LIPS)ANVIL

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 3:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

You can't blame them for wanting to make some cash, but yea, $25 bucks is a bit steep.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 3:28 pm

Yah, that's a bit stiff. Don't know...maybe I'll pick it up some time. I really need to get more of their albums. I've only got Plugged In Permanent and really enjoy it!

Most of their older albums are hard to find though.

Administrator
ultmetal

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 3:39 pm

Sideshow, their first four albums are repressed on Unidisc.

http://www.unidisc.com/

I ordered the two I was missing from them without a hitch.

Also found them on Amazon.com and CDUniverse.

ult
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 3:48 pm

Cool, thanks bro. Will look into adding them to my collection soon!

Administrator
ultmetal

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 3:59 pm

My recommendations would be "Metal on Metal", "Forged in Fire" or "Speed of Sound".

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

No kidding.....for 25 bucks they better include a t-shirt,a keychain and a freaking bottle opener.If he'd price each disc for less he'd (Lips) move a h*ll of alot more units and get paid...
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:53 pm

i enjoy listening to their album metal on metal...very good.
Back to top Go down

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:12 am

can't really rate the albums these masters made...but definately my best is worth the weight...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:24 am

Finally got my copy of This Is Thirteen in the mail. Anyone else get this yet? Very good Anvil release. The title track has a vibe similar to "Forged in Fire". I far prefer this album to "Back to the Basics" which I felt wasn't their strongest CD.

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:48 am

ultmetal wrote:
Received a LONG email from Lips. He did answer my question about being released on a label.

Quote :
Hi Scott,
Nice to hear from you!!! I have looked at your (NLTM) page in the past and just had a quick reminder by looking just now. I'm particularly happy with what you wrote about Strength of Steel. I happen to agree with you on most points. In the end that is one of our most popular cd's and in fact it has sold more than most of our cd's. We were misunderstood in it's day. It was a good album and always will be. The main problem at that time in history it was the beginning of the fragmentation of the metal genre. Lines were drawn in the sand seperating commercial and non commercial rock. This cd played the line and it wasn't possitively accepted from either faction of metal heads. You were correct in saying there was no commercial songs there...and the fact in retrospect is cemented as the truth because the album never got radio play then or now.

In regards to our new cd This is Thirteen, we've chosen to release the cd on our own not using a label. In this day and age record companies are not paying enough money to bands to recoupe recording costs or for tour support. If we sell cd's on our own we stand to make 10X the profit a record company will pay the artist. However we stand to probably sell a quarter of what we may sell with a company but in the end make more money, which will pay for our next cd. We are not sending out promotional copies at this time, however if you wish to purchase one...email Robb, he will be happy to send you one. robbreiner@yahoo.com All the best and thanks for your continued support....

Steve(LIPS)ANVIL

hahahaha, i had an intie with lips for my fanzine many years ago(96). i told him to rate his albums from 5 to 10. strength of steel took 6,5 and it was his worst rating. he even rated "lips" with 7,5! of course i was angry with him 'cause he rated worth the weight with only 9,5! o tempora, o mores....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New ANVIL... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ANVIL...   New ANVIL... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New ANVIL...
Page 1 of 1