Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come

Go down 
+8
mc666
KissinMaiden
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:55 pm

I listened to it once and the guitar solo is the only spot that stood out to me. I can't pinpoint it right now though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:56 pm

The song "Megamosh" on their Myspace page has a distinct "Among the Living" likeness to the one of the riffs. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I listened to it once and the guitar solo is the only spot that stood out to me. I can't pinpoint it right now though.

It's not the whole song, just that one part of the song. Every time I hear it I think "MEGADETH!" I just cannot connect the song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:31 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Post an mp3 clip. I'd like to see if I could help identify it.

Any luck Temple of Blood or Rex?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:14 am

I didn't get a chance to check it out any more last night.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:22 am

Man, I can't get enough of this album. Great thrash metal. Now I have to get their latest.

I still wish I could connect what Megadeth song that lead break reminds me of.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:
3:25 or so. Now I'm thinking maybe "Into the Lungs of Hell"? It's the guitar solo and the rhythm under the guitar solo.

I think you're right. I don't know if I would have picked up on that on my own, but now that I'm listening to it, looking for the connection, I think it is. I wonder if they did that on purpose, as a sort of tribute. I also hear a rhythm part that sounds like a sped-up portion of "Wake Up Dead".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:06 am

Anyone else crack-up when they listen to the Hyades cover of the Beastie Boys "Fight for Your Right". They sound like they are reading the lyrics right off the sheet and saying everything phonetically in their thick Italian accents.

Last edited by on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone else crack-up when they listen to the Hyades cover of the Beatie Boys "Fight for Your Right". They sound like they are reading the lyrics right off the sheet and saying everything phonetically in their thick Italian accents.

yeah,I believe they could have made it more of their own.Didnt stray to far from the original.Still funny though!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:26 pm

what stle of thrash crossover or straight down are they may i ask
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:50 am

ultmetal wrote:
The song "September 11" has a major Megadeth vibe to it. I'd almost swear they lifted part of the song from a Megadeth song. Anyone else notice this?

BUMP for Shiney.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:16 am

I still gotta pick this one up. I really dig Abuse Your Illusions, which I only purchased it because ATWIYTC was out-of-stock at the time.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Just downloaded it from I Tunes. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come   Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hyades - And The Worst Is Yet To Come
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2