Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?

Go down 
+23
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
The_Jayroh
exact33
Hadley
stepcousin
Sutekh
Required Fields
Troublezone
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Animal
thejokeriv
T-Roy
kmorg
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
chewie
manny
Shawn Of Fire
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Empty
PostSubject: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:57 am

I'm out...this signals the death of whatever "retro wave" Hair Metal was riding. Hollywood can have it (back):

http://www.bravewords.com/news/182488

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:20 am

This might be a fun movie but Hollywood is usually clueless when it comes to rock music in general let alone a genre like metal, even pop metal.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 am

He's singing the worst travesty of a DL song anyway, mine as well sing Unskinny Poop as well. This movie must appeal to the Gleek crowd... what a turd!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:25 am

I saw the trailer for this movie a few months ago and it looks like an absolute trainwreck.

Quote :
This movie must appeal to the Gleek crowd

That's definitely the audience they're shooting for. God help us all if it's a hit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39461

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:25 am

chewie wrote:
This movie must appeal to the Gleek crowd... what a turd!

Man you nailed it right there. I won't be surprised that this movie is a hit.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:37 am

chewie wrote:
He's singing the worst travesty of a DL song anyway, mine as well sing Unskinny Poop as well. This movie must appeal to the Gleek crowd... what a turd!

I watched one episode of Glee with my daughter and I did not have the heart to tell her how much I thought it sucked, but I did not have to, she turned me and said 'You thought it was a travesty didn't you? "

On the other hand when she was in the 9th grade she did write a paper on why Jimi Hendrix was one of the most important icons of the 20th century, and even got an A! My pride and joy!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 am

blech
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 am

Julianne Hough singing "Rock You Like a Hurricane?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 am

Soon as I see the phrase "Based on the hit Broadway Musical" I know this isn't for me. Smell ya later.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:54 am

Tom is still pretty ripped for an old guy.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:52 pm

So much fun in those trailers!!

Tom Cruise is sooooo unconvincing as a rocker.
One of the band names i Arsenal!!
Is this supposed to be an '80's movie? Then why is one of the characters wearing a Kiss T-shirt from one of the reunion tours?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
blech
fainting
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

**Lets give Dark Horseman a few minutes...alone**
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:56 pm

kmorg wrote:

Is this supposed to be an '80's movie? Then why is one of the characters wearing a Kiss T-shirt from one of the reunion tours?

The same reason that songs from AC/DC's "The Razors Edge," which wasn't released till 1990, appear in the movie "Rock Star," which took place in 1985... nobody at the film studio knows anything about this music style and they figure nobody's going to notice anyway.

The only people who ARE nit-picky enough to notice stuff like that hang around on message boards like these, and they won't be seeing the movie anyway!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Oh, I'll watch the movie when it airs on Tv or something. I'm sure it's good for a laugh, and a movie I can watch together with the feile unit in the house Smile

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Quote :
Oh, I'll watch the movie when it airs on Tv or something. I'm sure it's good for a laugh

I must admit, the prospect of seeing Julianne Hough dressed up in '80s metal hottie gear has a certain allure.

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Julianne-hough-rock-wrapped

Oh, yass. That's the kind of sugar papa likes.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Oh, I'll watch the movie when it airs on Tv or something. I'm sure it's good for a laugh

I must admit, the prospect of seeing Julianne Hough dressed up in '80s metal hottie gear has a certain allure.

Good Lord, you sound like a dirty old man that dressed up like a cat and plays drums.........

...... but you are correct - she looks damn good!!!!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:16 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Laughing very hard

You too can look that ripped - a steady diet of Steroids and a few weights will give you that look!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Good Lord, you sound like a dirty old man that dressed up like a cat and plays drums.........

...... but you are correct - she looks damn good!!!!

I don't think it's possible for that gal to NOT look good.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Quote :

T-Roy wrote:

Dark Horseman wrote:

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? 201269

You too can look that ripped - a steady diet of Steroids and a few weights will give you that look!

I do the weights but i'm missing the steroids I guess. It is possible to look like he does without 'roids, but you have to afford the diet.
Back to top Go down
Animal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm

A movie to be avoided like the plague. What's next? Varg Vikernes: The Musical?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Animal wrote:
A movie to be avoided like the plague. What's next? Varg Vikernes: The Musical?

Trey Parker and Matt Stone of "South Park" could probably do something brilliant with that idea. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Let us hope for this reason alone that this movie is big success........................................girls dressed up like 80's hookers.

Man I miss those days and not unlike Keith still hanker for spandex, lace and Auqua Netted hair to ceiling babes...
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:51 pm

I made it about half way through the first trailer and I'm done. Definitely "Gleekified." And the lady that was spouting off about how evil the club was may have been the worst overacting I've seen in awhile. And I watch all the Asylum stuff on SyFy! No I'll not be seeing this...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? 576953

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed May 02, 2012 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next