Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?

Go down 
+23
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
The_Jayroh
exact33
Hadley
stepcousin
Sutekh
Required Fields
Troublezone
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Animal
thejokeriv
T-Roy
kmorg
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
chewie
manny
Shawn Of Fire
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:42 pm

The movie looks awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:04 am

Saw a photo of Tom Cruise in costume today, but even though I like him as an actor, I just can't buy him as an 80s glam metal star.

So, I had a look at the trailer, thinking it couldn't be that bad. I was hanging in there, past the bad acting and poor music, waiting for it to get better. Then the 'Broadway ensemble' version of We're Not Gonna Take It kicked in and I had to bail. My wife thinks I'll want to see it. I'll have to let her know she's seriously misinformed. Laughing
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:29 pm

that was the worst thing I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:40 pm

stepcousin wrote:

Then you've never seen Cop Rock............... Laughing
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:00 pm

chewie wrote:
stepcousin wrote:

Or any number of commercials on television.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:07 pm

chewie wrote:

I tried to watch an episode of that show once. ONCE. I've been trying to forget it ever since. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:

I tried to watch an episode of that show once. ONCE. I've been trying to forget it ever since. Laughing very hard

I remember seeing the ads and thinking "So is this supposed to be a comedy or what?". Seriously, it looked like something out of a mel brooks film, only not as funny.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Hadley wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:

I remember seeing the ads and thinking "So is this supposed to be a comedy or what?". Seriously, it looked like something out of a mel brooks film, only not as funny.

It got cancelled so fast when it was current that I never saw it during its original run. But about ten years ago VH1 ran a marathon of all the episodes one day (for some Ungodly reason)... I think I made it about fifteen minutes in and had to change the channel. Absolutely ridiculous!

...of course, nowadays with "GLEE" being such a hit I wouldn't be surprised to find out if someone was working on a revival of "Cop Rock" ... but let's hope not.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hadley wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:

It got cancelled so fast when it was current that I never saw it during its original run. But about ten years ago VH1 ran a marathon of all the episodes one day (for some Ungodly reason)... I think I made it about fifteen minutes in and had to change the channel. Absolutely ridiculous!

...of course, nowadays with "GLEE" being such a hit I wouldn't be surprised to find out if someone was working on a revival of "Cop Rock" ... but let's hope not.

Speaking of Glee, the commercials for that show make me want to vomit. Don't know what a whole episode would do to me, but I wouldn't want to find out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:44 am

Whats next, a tribute to 80s gangsta rap starring tyler perry?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:30 am

Hadley wrote:
Whats next, a tribute to 80s gangsta rap starring tyler perry?

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:10 am

some people should just stick to what they do well...

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hadley wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:

Oh man I had to go and check this show out on YouTube. That last thought wasn't far from the truth after looking at most of the comments.

So yeah.....I don't think I'll ever see the movie. I said that about Twilight too though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:21 am

The_Jayroh wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Hadley wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:

Oh man I had to go and check this show out on YouTube. That last thought wasn't far from the truth after looking at most of the comments.

So yeah.....I don't think I'll ever see the movie. I said that about Twilight too though.

Cop Rock was horrible. I saw it first run and thought whoever thought it was a good idea should be sacked...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Sometimes there is a glimpse of hope in humanity after all...

Quote :
The film adaptation of the hit Broadway musical "Rock Of Ages" — with an all-star cast including Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand — earned an abysmal $15.1 million in its opening weekend from 3,470 theaters for a per-screen average of $4,340. The film reportedly cost $75 million to produce, making it highly unlikely that it will match its production budget domestically.

Director Adam Shankman's "Hairspray" and "Mamma Mia!", both of which were also based on hit Broadway films, opened just north of $25 million.

"Rock Of Ages" didn't fare much better overseas, where it grossed $4.1 million from 10 markets. It came in No. 3 in the U.K. and Australia, earning $1.7 million and $1.4 million, respectively.

...although it still earned $15 million more than it should have anyway.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:07 pm

"Rock" movies........................... No sigh Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 82702
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Not to mention he also killed Paradise City
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
"Rock" movies........................... No sigh Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 82702

yeah - rock movies either tend to be really good or really really bad...

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm

I expected this one to underperform at the box office. There was really no solid target audience for this film. The "Glee" fans probably aren't that interested in seeing Tom Cruise sing and dance (he's OLD) and the old hair metal fans wouldn't be caught dead seeing a musical (unless dragged by their wives). The remaining demographic are Soccer Moms who used to be Poison/Journey/Def Leppard fans back in the day and are feeling nostalgic. But even then, why not just listen to the original versions if nostalgia is your thing?

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 pm

The movie tanked in it's opening weekend.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Quote :
I expected this one to underperform at the box office. There was really no solid target audience for this film. The "Glee" fans probably aren't that interested in seeing Tom Cruise sing and dance (he's OLD) and the old hair metal fans wouldn't be caught dead seeing a musical (unless dragged by their wives). The remaining demographic are Soccer Moms who used to be Poison/Journey/Def Leppard fans back in the day and are feeling nostalgic. But even then, why not just listen to the original versions if nostalgia is your thing?

Kind of what I thought but one never knows, the unwashed masses have stunned me before.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:48 pm

This dosen't look horrible, i'd certainly rather see it then Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter(which looks like Van Helsing part 2 and a serious contender for worst film of the year) but i'm not really big on musicals in general, I don't mind Glee that much, but i'm not a big fan like my sister is, so the chance of me seeing this film isn't particularly high.

I saw Cop Rock on Youtube and I actually thought it was fairly entertaining in a so bad it's good kind of way, if you thought that show was bad, then you should all be thankful you never tuned in that other musical flop Viva Laughlin, that show bombed so badly it only lasted for TWO episode before getting canned, but it was so horrible that it's a damn miracle that show got greenlit in the first place! It was so bad I'd rather watch Osbournes Reloaded then relive the memory of that horrible show again.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:56 am

Vexer6 wrote:
This dosen't look horrible, i'd certainly rather see it then Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter(which looks like Van Helsing part 2 and a serious contender for worst film of the year) but i'm not really big on musicals in general, I don't mind Glee that much, but i'm not a big fan like my sister is, so the chance of me seeing this film isn't particularly high.

I saw Cop Rock on Youtube and I actually thought it was fairly entertaining in a so bad it's good kind of way, if you thought that show was bad, then you should all be thankful you never tuned in that other musical flop Viva Laughlin, that show bombed so badly it only lasted for TWO episode before getting canned, but it was so horrible that it's a damn miracle that show got greenlit in the first place! It was so bad I'd rather watch Osbournes Reloaded then relive the memory of that horrible show again.

There is a lot of pre-release love for Abe Lincoln:Vampire Hunter around here - looks like a kick a$$ flick to me and on my must-see list!

Cop Rock was really bad
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:10 am

Cop Rock was horrible

'Rock of Ages' is exactly what it advertises to be a cheesy fun look at an era that was over the top and ridiculous even when it was reality. It was fun, silly, and not meant to be taken seriously.

Also this movies, while it maybe a box office bomb, I think it will gather a huge following on DVD, etc because it is fun, the music was fun and it does not pretend to be high art, and lot of these bands will make some extra scratch from peps checking out the tunes from the original artist presented in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:58 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

There is a lot of pre-release love for Abe Lincoln:Vampire Hunter around here - looks like a kick a$$ flick to me and on my must-see list!

Cop Rock was really bad
Really? Cause when the trailer played at my theater, everybody was laughing and saying how bad it looked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: