Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Life Returns Will You Cruise?

Go down 
+7
manny
Boris2008
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
11 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Empty
PostSubject: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 5:29 pm

My daughter has long requested a Cruise for her Senior Trip. Well, because those things book so far in advance we already have ours booked for June, 2021. My sort of straw-poll question is:

​​​​​​​After this thing how willing...and how soon (if ever) will you cruise again? I'm of two minds:

- There will not be a better time to cruise than right after this because of the high level of "alert" ships will be on. Ships will probably be the most hygienic they've been in cruising history. 

- The industry might be in a "hair-trigger" mode where at the first sign of infection things get cancelled or you're stuck on the ship for weeks on end in quarantine, which I have to imagine is a special kind of short term hell. 

No better time? 
Risk of hell? 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 6:44 pm

The whole idea of going on a cruise has NEVER appealed to me.  I can't get the idea of being on this "tiny dot" (yeah OK, everyone says the ships are "floating cities" but relative to where they are they're "dots") in the middle of vast and deep oceans.  Forget it, not interested.  And now add in the fact that these things can essentially become a floating Petri dish?  Yeah, a hard pass from me.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 7:27 pm

Oh Tohostudios you kill me sometimes! One of these days you'll go on a Star Wars themed cruise.

Call it you "180" year. Do the opposite! 😀
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 7:34 pm

I've never been on a cruise before, and honestly I had no plans on taking one anytime soon, so I guess my answer is "no."

I've seen more than enough disaster movies and horror films over the years that take place on ships to put me off the idea for life, even without the Coronavirus. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 8:04 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Oh Tohostudios you kill me sometimes! One of these days you'll go on a Star Wars themed cruise.

Call it you "180" year. Do the opposite! 😀

Yeah that will be the same cruise that has Journey and Dave Matthews Band on it as the entertainment.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 8:29 pm

I can't say a cruise would ever appeal to me although I'm sure my wife would want to do it.. But it has nothing to do with the nasty virus, I can think of better things to waste my money on.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 9:41 pm

I would definitely go on a nice private yacht for a few days or more!

As far as a big commercial cruise ship? Maybe if I won an all expenses paid trip. Otherwise, no.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 6:57 am

A vaccine is possible by June 2021 but if not then it might be a terrible idea.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 7:17 am

I have never been on a cruise nor has the idea ever appealed to me. I remember a friend wanted me to go on one of those Tons of Metal cruises and I had no interest being stuck on a boat with aging (I am aging too!) metalheads who are trying to relive their youth and still cannot handle their liquor.

It will be sometime before the industry goes back to normal, even before the Coronavirus pandemic, you would hear of people mysteriously getting sick, etc, so the answer for me is no.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 4:30 pm

I’ve never been on a cruise and it never much appealed to me either. My wife went on one with her sister and mom years ago and hasn’t expressed much interest since then. Given their sketchy history before all this and whatever the new normal will be afterwards, it’s very unlikely I’ll ever go on a cruise.

My parents have gone on a few in the last couple of years and enjoyed it but they recently cancelled the one they had booked in November. It’s likely they’re done too.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 6:30 pm

I had negative interest in a cruise before the pandemic started, and now, I would rather let a homeless man with a nervous condition shave my nards with a rusty bowie knife on a south bound train during a tornado.

So, ...just in case I was not clear enough, the answer is a polite no.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 6:36 pm

I'm sort of surprised how many people here share my complete disinterest in going on a cruise even before the pandemic. I thought I was in the minority.

Before my dad passed away he and my mom were major cruise fanatics.  They did so many Caribbean cruises that they got bored with that so they went on one to Alaska.  Still not satisfied they then did the Panama Canal.  And to top it all off they did a cruise to Antarctica.  I'd like to see Alaska and Antarctica but I'm not getting on a boat to do it.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 7:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm sort of surprised how many people here share my complete disinterest in going on a cruise even before the pandemic. I thought I was in the minority.

Before my dad passed away he and my mom were major cruise fanatics.  They did so many Caribbean cruises that they got bored with that so they went on one to Alaska.  Still not satisfied they then did the Panama Canal.  And to top it all off they did a cruise to Antarctica.  I'd like to see Alaska and Antarctica but I'm not getting on a boat to do it.

With global warming I doubt there is much chance of a Titanic iceberg disaster these days. And the modern ships probably have a radar system.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Yeah, my parents went a lot too, and they have friends who run a travel group (like "Funseekers" or some bullshit) so me and Mrs. Sentinel could go wherever we wanted pretty cheap; but, I just never liked the fact that you are "stuck" there if some shit goes down. Sure, you can get trip insurance, but it's gonna cost ya. And you never know what illness is going to run rampant and then you are stuck there. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 9:01 pm

Exactly.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 9:13 pm

About as close as I’ll ever come to going on a cruise was when I went deep sea fishing in Florida one summer. No thanks! Out in the middle of the ocean with nothing but water in sight is not a good time for me. I’m a land lover! Lol!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 11:31 pm

I have NO interest in cruises. The idea of being cooped up with a few hundred people... sick Wouldn't get on a cruise ship even if it was free.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 12:46 pm

Wow! This thread has been really surprising.

I thought most people liked it, or would at least entertain the idea of cruising.

Enlightening!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 8:35 pm

"Cruisin" down the boulevard with the windows down and some Hair Metal blarin' is the only thing I will do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Life Returns Will You Cruise?    When Life Returns Will You Cruise?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Life Returns Will You Cruise?
Page 1 of 1