Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?

Go down 
+23
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
The_Jayroh
exact33
Hadley
stepcousin
Sutekh
Required Fields
Troublezone
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Animal
thejokeriv
T-Roy
kmorg
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
chewie
manny
Shawn Of Fire
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
This dosen't look horrible, i'd certainly rather see it then Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter(which looks like Van Helsing part 2 and a serious contender for worst film of the year) but i'm not really big on musicals in general, I don't mind Glee that much, but i'm not a big fan like my sister is, so the chance of me seeing this film isn't particularly high.

I saw Cop Rock on Youtube and I actually thought it was fairly entertaining in a so bad it's good kind of way, if you thought that show was bad, then you should all be thankful you never tuned in that other musical flop Viva Laughlin, that show bombed so badly it only lasted for TWO episode before getting canned, but it was so horrible that it's a damn miracle that show got greenlit in the first place! It was so bad I'd rather watch Osbournes Reloaded then relive the memory of that horrible show again.

There is a lot of pre-release love for Abe Lincoln:Vampire Hunter around here - looks like a kick a$$ flick to me and on my must-see list!

Cop Rock was really bad
Really? Cause when the trailer played at my theater, everybody was laughing and saying how bad it looked.

I think he meant in his area or here around HoM, there are a lot of cheesy movie goers here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :
I expected this one to underperform at the box office. There was really no solid target audience for this film. The "Glee" fans probably aren't that interested in seeing Tom Cruise sing and dance (he's OLD) and the old hair metal fans wouldn't be caught dead seeing a musical (unless dragged by their wives). The remaining demographic are Soccer Moms who used to be Poison/Journey/Def Leppard fans back in the day and are feeling nostalgic. But even then, why not just listen to the original versions if nostalgia is your thing?

Kind of what I thought but one never knows, the unwashed masses have stunned me before.

true but at $12 a ticket I would not be willing to take a chance.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:49 pm

exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :
I expected this one to underperform at the box office. There was really no solid target audience for this film. The "Glee" fans probably aren't that interested in seeing Tom Cruise sing and dance (he's OLD) and the old hair metal fans wouldn't be caught dead seeing a musical (unless dragged by their wives). The remaining demographic are Soccer Moms who used to be Poison/Journey/Def Leppard fans back in the day and are feeling nostalgic. But even then, why not just listen to the original versions if nostalgia is your thing?

Kind of what I thought but one never knows, the unwashed masses have stunned me before.

Hell, we have a bargain cinema for movies before their DVD release (and sometimes a bit afterwards) and the tickets are $1 M-F except Tuesday where it's all day for 75 cents and S-S $1.50; and that's still more than I would pay to take a chance on this one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :

Hell, we have a bargain cinema for movies before their DVD release (and sometimes a bit afterwards) and the tickets are $1 M-F except Tuesday where it's all day for 75 cents and S-S $1.50; and that's still more than I would pay to take a chance on this one.

i would take a chance at that price but we dont have any such establishment.

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 am

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :

i would take a chance at that price but we dont have any such establishment.
There used to be a dollar theater near me, but they closed down about two years ago, so if i'm seeing a movie it has to at either Marcus or Tinseltown theaters.

I don't think Rock Of Ages is going to appeal to the "gleek" crowd(hate that name BTW) because odds are they're probably not big on 80s music, so they won't have much interest in seeing a film set in that decade.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 am

Well, the movie flopped so hard at the Box office, I guess nobody wants to see an old Scientology creep singing half naked onstage
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Animal wrote:
A movie to be avoided like the plague. What's next? Varg Vikernes: The Musical?

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Either she really hated the movie or her Scientology contract expired. Either way, Katie's on the market again. Get her before she hits the wall, fellas.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/popcast/2012/06/29/tom-cruise-and-katie-holmes-to-divorce/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:37 pm

I was stupid enough to watch this movie tiday, as my wife wanted to see it after a co-worker recommended it to her. It was even worse then expected!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Speaking of Tom Cruise, my dad is pissed off at the casting Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher from the Lee Child novels. I've never read them but according to my dad there is no way Hollywood pretty boy should be playing such a badass character. He even said a professional wrester would be better for the role, and he HATES pro wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 7:05 pm

kmorg wrote:
I was stupid enough to watch this movie tiday, as my wife wanted to see it after a co-worker recommended it to her. It was even worse then expected!

My wife enjoyed the movie, and wanted to get the soundtrack angry. I tactfully suggested a compilation of the original songs, which she was good with. Disaster averted -and much easier on the ears!
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:27 pm

saw some of this on you tube....not good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?   Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Cruise singing Def Leppard?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3