Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame

Go down 
+26
jstate
Dark Horseman
Wargod
James B.
metalhead777
Getizzyback
sheets
brokentulsa
NYCAnt
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
stpatrik
Addy
Troublezone
chewie
mc666
MoonChild
EmoElmo
GrandNational
MEGATRON
manny
exact33
Metal Misfit
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:07 am

I love how everyone will generally agree that the HOF is bull$h!+, but will call Axl a whiny b!+ch for choosing not to go.

Classic...

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I love how everyone will generally agree that the HOF is bull$h!+, but will call Axl a whiny b!+ch for choosing not to go.

Classic...

well it is supposed to be an honor to be inducted and to cry like a baby because Slash is going to be there is really dumb.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:33 am

exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Classic...

well it is supposed to be an honor to be inducted and to cry like a baby because Slash is going to be there is really dumb.

Where in the world did he even hint that he's not going because Slash will be there? I read the letter and what I got was this:

- "Reuniting" on the HOF stage will do nothing but fuel reunion rumors he wants nothing to do with
- the original band will never reunite because he's happy w/ his current band
- he doesn't deny or want to demean any former member of GnR their due for what they've accomplished
- he just doesn't want to be in the HOF

I have never been a huge fan and concede that he's been a total douche (publicly) many times in the past.

But, I have to say, I completely respect his decision. He's sticking to his word. Plus, and I'm sure he knows this, it puts a big ol' "!!!" on his status as a "screw you" Rock and Roll icon. If he were to cave in now "for the fans" or whatever, he'd be seen as a giant wussy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Classic...

Well, it has more to do with the fact that Axl is a douche bag diva...

EDIT -

At least in my opinion, he's acted like an unprofessional douche bag diva
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:20 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Classic...

Well, it has more to do with the fact that Axl is a douche bag diva...

EDIT -

At least in my opinion, he's acted like an unprofessional douche bag diva

But he's always been that way...if he were to suddenly be the opposite and reunite "for the fans" we'd all be saying he's doing it "for the money"...

He really is in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Classic...

Those two things exist completely on their own.

The Hall of Fame IS primarily a joke.

Axl IS a whiny b!tch with decades of proof to back it up.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 am

Pretty much. I don't think if he showed up it'd be for the money, it'd be to piss his ex-bandmates off and create a scene.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 am

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Classic...

Those two things exist completely on their own.

The Hall of Fame IS primarily a joke.

Axl IS a whiny b!tch with decades of proof to back it up.

Like I said, I concede he's a douche, but knowing that I don't know why anyone ever expected him to do anything related to old GnR without acting like one. He's not doing anything I didn't expect him to do.

If he had said "Yeah! Let's all get on stage together and accept this wonderful honor!" it would have been completely out of character.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:47 am

Quote :
He's not doing anything I didn't expect him to do.

Although it would've been cool if he had listed a whole bunch of demands for artists who have been slighted by the HOF to be inducted if he agreed to appear. Be an ass all you want Axl, but at least try sometimes to look beyond yourself. I wish more people would reject the HOF in protest for exclusions.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:51 pm

I think the Hall of Fame is a bit of joke, but mainly because I think they are elitist snobs, and they only reason Guns n Roses got in on their first year they were eligible is because critics particularly spew on themselves when they mention of dangerous they were. Unlike some other bands, they received critical praise from day one, which is fine IMO they deserve to get in. Not before Deep Purple, but whatever.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Quote :
I think the Hall of Fame is a bit of joke

Only "a bit?" They're a buncha frickin gomers, man!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I think the Hall of Fame is a bit of joke

Only "a bit?" They're a buncha frickin gomers, man!!

Damn!! You are right and until Killen gets in these institution will remain nothing but a long running joke!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:57 pm

ARRRRGH THE POZERS AT THE HALL OF SHAME WILL NEVER RECOGNIZE THE TR00 ARCANE STATEN ISLAND METTLE STEELE OF SACRED KILLEN VINYL EHEHEHEHEHEHE!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
NYCAnt
Metal novice
Metal novice
NYCAnt

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Is there some place to catch it? I can't wait to see what happens....should be fun....maybe a fight will break out....or maybe nothing...either way, it should be fun..

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 12087
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:33 pm

NYCAnt wrote:
Is there some place to catch it? I can't wait to see what happens....should be fun....maybe a fight will break out....or maybe nothing...either way, it should be fun..

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 12087

MTV or VH-1 usually tapes the whole ceremony, then whittles it down to an hour or 2 for broadcast about a week after it happens. I'd imagine they'll do the same this year.

In the meantime, if something really good happens, you know it'll be on the web literally seconds after it occurs.

Metal novice
Metal novice
NYCAnt

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm

That is true!

Thanx!!!

Let the games begin...

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 37951
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You're telling me Axl's happier playing with a group of yes men who are paid to have no opinion of their own? The hell you say! Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:11 pm

from Mr Heavy Metal himself:

Mark Graham of VH-1 spoke with Eddie about the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. He shares his thoughts and feelings about the Axl Rose situation, and why he, personally, has such disdain for the institution. Portions of the interview appear below.

Eddie on whether or not he was surprised by Axl's decision:

“I’ve got to say, I was not surprised at all. Anybody who has followed, listened or watched me knows that not only do I have disdain for the Hall and the way they treat rock bands, but I never thought there was a chance in hell that Guns N’ Roses would play. Reading his letter, of course there’s deeper things there. Axl’s a complicated guy, everybody knows that. I thought it was extremely remote that Axl would ever show up.”

Eddie on why Axl decided not to attend the ceremony:

“When we sat down to talk to him about it on That Metal Show, he seemed like it was at that point he wanted to take a look at it and see what was involved in it. Judging from his letter, he clearly did look at it, had conversations with them, and saw that it wasn’t for him. Here’s why I think that this happened: He had issues with the Hall. Listen, if he doesn’t even want to be inducted, obviously something really went wrong there in the discussions. Purely speculating, I can tell you that this is a guy, for right or wrong, completely wants to promote and embrace his current band. This induction is NOT about his current band; they’re not included. He saw this for what it really was. If he stands up on stage with Slash and those guys, it’s going to throw a huge gallon of gas on this reunion outcry, and it’s the last thing he wants. I know the fans want it, but I can tell you this: I know all of the original members of GNR better than Axl, and none of them, with the exception of maybe Steven Adler, ever talk about a reunion. They’re all focused on their other projects.”

Eddie discussing the fan outrage:

“This thing about it’s Axl disrepecting the fans is total BS. I’m a fan of GNR, I don’t need the RRHOF to validate them....At the end of the day, the people who are really upset about this, are the people who thought this was going to lead to a reunion. This has been, from Day 1, first and foremost that. Instigating a reunion of the original band, and the Hall getting the pop for being the catalyst doing that.”

Eddie speaking about how the Hall of Fame treats rock fans:

“Let’s be honest here, it’s not about the fans. The fans don’t even get to VOTE for the Hall of Fame.

Eddie speaking about the Hall's credibility as an institution:

“I think it’s a joke. I have been as vocal about it as much as I can on radio and TV. Alice Cooper was ignored for 15 years before he went in last year. I do it to expose the hypocrisy and blatant disrespect they have for rock and heavy rock music. It’s gone on for decades and nothing has changed.”

Would he join the RRHOF committee if they invited him?:

“...Would I be opposed to it? No. But, I would only be open to it if it was going to give me an opportunity to make legitimate change to something that is so incredibly flawed. If it was only to shut me up, I wouldn’t waste my time.”

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Eddie Trunk talking about Axl. In other words, Mr. Moron talking about Mr. Douchebag. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Quote :
If he stands up on stage with Slash and those guys, it’s going to throw a huge gallon of gas on this reunion outcry, and it’s the last thing he wants.

Exactly my thoughts...

Quote :
This thing about it’s Axl disrepecting the fans is total BS. I’m a fan of GNR, I don’t need the RRHOF to validate them....At the end of the day, the people who are really upset about this, are the people who thought this was going to lead to a reunion.

I agree with this too...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Well, He does seem to make some valid points in there. He feels the way just about everyone does,he just has the most viable ways to express them via his various shows.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Well said, Mr. Trunk.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Makes ya wonder if Axl is butt-hurt cause it's the old line-up and not his current band getting inducted or invited to play ?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Classic...

I love the idea of the RNR Hall of Fame, I also like the actual location with the exhibits it kicks ass. However I know its not perfect and as someone had pointed out it seems limited to USA bands, I agree changes need to be made to it.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Classic...

Where in the world did he even hint that he's not going because Slash will be there? I read the letter and what I got was this:

- "Reuniting" on the HOF stage will do nothing but fuel reunion rumors he wants nothing to do with
- he doesn't deny or want to demean any former member of GnR their due for what they've accomplished
- he just doesn't want to be in the HOF

I have never been a huge fan and concede that he's been a total douche (publicly) many times in the past.

But, I have to say, I completely respect his decision. He's sticking to his word. Plus, and I'm sure he knows this, it puts a big ol' "!!!" on his status as a "screw you" Rock and Roll icon. If he were to cave in now "for the fans" or whatever, he'd be seen as a giant wussy.

"Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."

If that doesnt scream Slash, nothing will.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next