Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame

Go down 
+26
jstate
Dark Horseman
Wargod
James B.
metalhead777
Getizzyback
sheets
brokentulsa
NYCAnt
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
stpatrik
Addy
Troublezone
chewie
mc666
MoonChild
EmoElmo
GrandNational
MEGATRON
manny
exact33
Metal Misfit
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 am

NYCAnt wrote:
If Axl just would have criticized the HoF then I would say "Bravo", but name-dropping & whining about his former band as opposed to his new band is just sour grapes...let it go...life is short...move on...

angry

He simply said he loves his new band, and did not wish to take away from what the original band has accomplished...he just doesn't see the point.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 am

I'm sure the rest of the band won't mind axel not being there. Axel is just jealous because the rest of the old band has gone on to do bigger and better than he did. Does anyone even care about axel anymore. Personally I am sick of GnR and if I never heard them again I could care less. Maybe the rest of the guys should all purposely mention Axel. Razz

i agree with those who say 'wheres Deep Purple, Scorpions, maiden, kiss, rush'. All these bands are way more deserving than guns and roses.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Axel is just jealous because the rest of the old band has gone on to do bigger and better than he did.

Like or hate Axl, but I seriously doubt that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:52 pm

The HOF shot back at Axl this morning saying they are "saddened" that he won't attend, but he WILL be inducted into the hall whether he wants to or not.

Millions just like me let out a huge sigh of "who gives a flying f*ck"?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 pm

S.D. wrote:
The HOF shot back at Axl this morning saying they are "saddened" that he won't attend, but he WILL be inducted into the hall whether he wants to or not.

Millions just like me let out a huge sigh of "who gives a flying f*ck"?

lol!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:19 pm

stpatrik wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
Axel is just jealous because the rest of the old band has gone on to do bigger and better than he did.

Like or hate Axl, but I seriously doubt that.

True..axel is too arrogant and self absorbed to care about the others or even think slash is bigger than him.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Yeesh, what a lot of rambling blather. Axl certainly loves the sound of his own voice (or writing, in this case).
Back to top Go down
NYCAnt
Metal novice
Metal novice
NYCAnt

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:32 pm

I think they (Slash, Duff, Steven, Dizzy, & Matt) should show up to the show & perform one or two GNR songs - keeping it limited to the songs that Duff sang, as opposed to Axl...sure, they were not nearly as good or popular, but that would eliminate the need for Axl to be there anyway...

:glee:
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 pm

I disagree I think the songs Duff sang and did were right on par with alot of the GNR catalog at least UYI stuff, So Fine is one of my fav songs from that album

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Too bad, Axl needs to get over the BS, and take a few hours out of his precious time and accept the induction. What is the big freakin deal! A total unprofessional in my book, and extremely ungrateful.

Slash and Duff should give Scott Weiland a call and let him sing a few GN'R songs with the group. Let Axl stay away, who cares. I wouldn't let it ruin the rest of the band's night.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Does anyone have any idea what the P.S. at the bottom of Axl's rant means?

Quote :
P.S. RIP Armand, Long Live ABC III

scratch

Just curious...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Axl can suck it. What a little attention smurf-for-hire.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Axl likes to be in control and doesn't want the trouble of dealing with certain old band members (Slash and Steven). Izzy and Duff are laidback and don't care...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:04 pm

I wonder if the real reason he is pissed is because the newer band members are not getting inducted ......or are they ?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:05 pm

James B. wrote:
I wonder if the real reason he is pissed is because the newer band members are not getting inducted ......or are they ?

Nope only the classic line up
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 pm

manny wrote:
James B. wrote:

Nope only the classic line up

that explains alot

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :

scratch

Just curious...

A roadie that died. Must've worked with GnR at some point too.

Quote :
Several musicians and members of the rock music community have paid tribute to SLAYER guitarist Kerry King's longtime tech Armand Crump, who passed away [March 31].

Dave Lombardo (SLAYER): "SLAYER and the metal road crew community is mourning the loss of a hard worker and dear friend Armand Butts Crump III. He was the best, he had to be to work for Kerry King. I'm going to miss him f*cking with me from stage left. I still can't believe it. We are deeply saddened. RIP ABCIII."

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :

scratch

Just curious...

ABC III = Armand Butts Crump (the 3rd)
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Quote :
Slash and Duff should give Scott Weiland a call and let him sing a few GN'R songs with the group. Let Axl stay away, who cares. I wouldn't let it ruin the rest of the band's night.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Addy wrote:
Quote :

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!

that would be amusing - especially the press release from Axl the day after.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 pm

and dont forget Weiland's reply after that hehe

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 pm

He's a tool!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Even Dee's NOT GONNA TAKE IT!

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=717901
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Why does anyone care ? The R n R H o F is a joke any other time.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:38 am

James B. wrote:
Why does anyone care ? The R n R H o F is a joke any other time.

Ive seen alot of hate for the RNR Hall of Fame but yet you guys all continue to contribute to the conversation on something most of you guys claim you care nothing about surprised

I saw a bit on the Dee Snider bit. I say let Axl be Axl hes only hurting himself and we all know it has nothing to do with the institution but with his former bandmates (specifically Slash & Adler) if he is too much of a chickensh** to face them and maybe even try to patch things up thats his business. Just because if he were to patch things up doesnt mean a reunion has to happen. Maybe in his Axl mind he is thinking that. God only knows. The ONLY way I would see it ever happening is if Axl was strapped for cash. He knows a reunion with the original members would be a huge payday. What would be funny is if Axl tried to make this happen and Slash was like Nah not interested got other projects Im doing hehe that would be funny as hell!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next