Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame

Go down 
+26
jstate
Dark Horseman
Wargod
James B.
metalhead777
Getizzyback
sheets
brokentulsa
NYCAnt
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
stpatrik
Addy
Troublezone
chewie
mc666
MoonChild
EmoElmo
GrandNational
MEGATRON
manny
exact33
Metal Misfit
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:16 pm

exact33 wrote:

"Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."

If that doesnt scream Slash, nothing will.

It translates to me as Axl wanting his current band to play and be inducted but the powers that be with R n R H o F said nope.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:17 pm

http://loudwire.com/former-guns-n-roses-guitarist-izzy-stradlin-statement-rock-hall-induction/

Quote :
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony is tomorrow (April 14) and the once, former and current members of Guns N’ Roses are still making headlines regarding their imminent entry into the Hall up until the last minute. Did we expect any less?

GN’R never did anything conventionally, be it how they rocked, played music, behaved or how they are reacting to being celebrated with a music industry honor. That unconventional, outlaw nature is what made them so special and helped get them to this point. Touche!

Ex-bassist Duff McKagan, who is a Seattle Weekly columnist, posted a statement from former guitarist Izzy Stradlin. The guitarist will reportedly be absent from the induction ceremony in Cleveland, but certainly not for the same reasons as Axl Rose.

Duff noted that “Izzy asked me to do him a favor and sort of get this out for him. Izzy don’t Tweet, etc.” Apparently, Izzy avoids social media and does his own thing, old-school style.

Below is the text of Izzy’s statement, which is a huge thank you to the fans and his bandmates. There is nothing inflammatory or subversive in his statement. In fact, it’s class. Izzy don’t tweet, but Izzy got style.

I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N’ Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!
Izzy Stradlin
LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:54 am

Quote :
You're telling me Axl's happier playing with a group of yes men who are paid to have no opinion of their own? The hell you say!

Which is a shame because Tommy Stinson is a pretty talented dude. I love that Bash & Pop record he did. Still one of my favorite 90's alternative rock records. Still hard to believe he is a hired gun in this version of G&R. Things I could never have foreseen happening. If they had also hired Chris Mars to drum I would pay big money to see this G&R.

Oh and speaking of those two , The Replacements deserve to be in the HOF IMHO. Actually I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been a push for them from some writers.
Back to top Go down
Animal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:37 pm

He's using his illusion to fuel his delusion.

Can someone PLEASE stick a fork in sfincter Rose? He's done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:08 pm

manny wrote:
HoF is a bit of a joke, where are Rush, KISS, Deep Purple, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden? Those are only the bands that I can think of in two seconds, not mention non metal bands Steely Dan, Nick Drake, Run DMC, Public Image LTD, Public Enemy, we could go on and on and on....

Steely Dan are in the hall. I guess for once they weren't asleep at the wheel. Supertramp should be in there though....

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Thank God that Guns N' Roses were never my favorite band at any point! I love bands who are blessed with a front man who have attitude, but this guy is easily the biggest malcontent in the business. He is the Terrell Owens/Randy Moss of the NFL. Let's face it folks, this decision by Axl Rose has NOTHING to do with the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame and what they represent, but it has EVERYTHING to do with who he would be sharing this honor on stage with. And yes.........even with all of the humongous missteps by the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame, this is still an honor.

What it comes down to is this, the guy is a dick!! One would like to think that at age 50, Axl Rose would be able to display some kind of personal growth as a human being, but sadly the guy seems to be the same person he was a quarter of a century ago. There's always two sides to every story, unless you're Axl Rose. The reason I've always supported the other players within the Guns N' Roses camp is for the plain and simple fact; they're likeable! Guys like Slash, Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan seem to always be held in high regard within their industry. Those three in particular will do interviews, they will interact with fans, AND they seem to be genuine.

Steven Adler's problems are well documented. I will say this about Mr. Adler, when he is clean and sober, he seems to be a very nice guy. Izzy, what can you say about him? You really can't say anything, since he's more or less been a recluse for the last 20 years. If there's anything positive to draw from regarding Axl being a no show, at least we will not have a Blondie moment on stage...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:13 pm

What always pops into my mind when I think of Axl is his assult on the person who took his picture. Ever since then I knew this guy was a world class douche. Nothing I've read about this supries me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 pm

It's really not the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame but Shame. So who cares if Axel whines, cries, that he won't attend. He has always been they type that he is god, ha ha.

Axel let me tell you there are a ton better front men and vocalist than you out there who deserve to be in the real R&RHOF than you. You're a whiner and always will be and the true GnR will be inducted.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Anyone ever consider that Axl is doing this to try to extend his 15 minutes, to get into the news so to speak?

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:56 am

Addy wrote:
Anyone ever consider that Axl is doing this to try to extend his 15 minutes, to get into the news so to speak?

Axl's 15 minutes have been over since the 90s.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
Addy wrote:

yep. Now if there was a section for World Class Prima Donna's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - he does belong in there.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Addy wrote:

yep. Now if there was a section for World Class Prima Donna's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - he does belong in there.

And yet he is still making news in some circles.....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:38 pm

...and still selling a lot of tickets in many parts of the world...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:33 am

From what I gather they are REALLY REALLY big in South America.

To answer the question on who is gonna sing..... The answer was Myles Kennedy, Heres a link

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/axl-rose-booed-at-hall-of-fame/
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Umm.... seriously Axl? I guess you haven't been reading Heart of Metal!

AXL ROSE Is 'Blown Away' By 'Positive Response' To His Decision To Skip ROCK HALL Induction - Apr. 17, 2012
Less than a week after announcing that he would not attend the GUNS N' ROSES' induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland and declining to be inducted along with the rest of the group, the band's lead singer, Axl Rose, has issued a follow-up statement thanking fans for their "overwhelmingly positive response and support" for his decision to sit out the ceremony.

The unedited statement reads:

"To: Cleveland, Ohio, Guns N' Roses Fans and everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

"I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved! To be honest, I thought it would go the other way and was just hoping to weather the storm. As I said, I sincerely didn't want to disappoint anyone. It gets old being the outlaw even if 'it's only rock and roll.'

"It took a lot of focus and soul searching to be sincere and informative while making a genuine effort to be somewhat diplomatic. We made, what I feel, are real efforts to learn about the Hall and the Board, spoke as I said with the president and various members, and though I inducted Elton John and Bernie Taupin in '94 saying something to the effect of 'I'm learning what the Hall's about...'

"I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially 'rock' enough to be in the Hall?

"This isn't an attack. These are genuine issues I don't have enough verified information on to have more than rough ideas. Certainly not enough information to make any judgments about.

"I would like to apologize to Cleveland, Ohio for not apologizing to them beforehand for not attending [the ceremony] in their city. I think they know how much I genuinely love performing there. Cleveland does in fact Rock!!

"Now that the smoke's cleared a little, any desperate, misguided attacks have been just that, a pathetic stab at gossip, some lame vindictiveness, the usual entitlement crap, he's obsessed, crazy, volatile, a hater. I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own.

"Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

"Keep Rockin',

"Axl

"Unlike my open letter to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern this was written for GNR's official website, Facebook account and my personal Twitter account and not intended as a press release. If anyone does choose to pick this up as has been done previously I'd appreciate if you'd run in full including this paragraph so as not to give a partial picture, have things taken out of context or to imply or inadvertently give the impression this was intended for other outlets.

"Thanks in advance. Peace."
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 pm

The guy is fu*king delusional. The crowd boos the sh!t out of the guy when he's mentioned at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but yet he thinks he's in the good graces with the metal/rock community. Keep on keepin' on there Axl...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:50 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
The guy is fu*king delusional. The crowd boos the sh!t out of the guy when he's mentioned at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but yet he thinks he's in the good graces with the metal/rock community. Keep on keepin' on there Axl...

Only Eddie Trunk came out in support of Axl and his douche baggy-ness
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

ill go back to my original post - just go away Axl....

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:30 pm

I wonder how many of them he paid to write these "Postivie Responses" or maybe it was like 5 or 6

His Loss.....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:13 am

I still think he was right...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:53 am

Axl didn't attend, Slash, Duff & Steven still performed and the universe did not collapse upon itself. HUZZAH!! We all live to fight another day!!

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Quote :
AXL ROSE Is 'Blown Away' By 'Positive Response' To His Decision To Skip ROCK HALL Induction - Apr. 17, 2012
Less than a week after announcing that he would not attend the GUNS N' ROSES' induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland and declining to be inducted along with the rest of the group, the band's lead singer, Axl Rose, has issued a follow-up statement thanking fans for their "overwhelmingly positive response and support" for his decision to sit out the ceremony.

I can't wait for the Oscar-winning drama celebrating Axl's heroic stand against being inducted to the Hall of Fame. Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., AXL ROSE.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:15 am

Well, Izzy chose not to attend as well. Anyone bitches about that?
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:19 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Izzy, what can you say about him? You really can't say anything, since he's more or less been a recluse for the last 20 years.

Axl's a recluse as well. I don't defend him as such, but its weird how no one's bitching about Izzy not attending as well.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:36 am

AXL --> sign
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame   Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axl not attending RNR Hall of Fame
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: