Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?

Go down 
+9
DeathCult
Nico
Required Fields
exact33
Infinite
adrian
stormspell
jstate
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 pm

stormspell wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
What's the matrix number Wayne? Mine's official, I can let you know.

Current Russian bootlegs come with proper matrix numbers. It makes them very hard to spot.

Damn, they've gotten that complex now eh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Flag cd 21 M90 01 @

The print on the booklet also has like this almost grainy look to it same goes for the tray card. I have another cd that has the same look to it that I got on ebay so that right there makes me assume this is a bootleg and my other cd is apparently too.

Basically your avatar looks cleaner than my cd

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Theres also this plastic looking ring near the matrix numbers like something was laid over the cd to print on it.

Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Just got my refund, too. They wanted me to send it back but I refused and basically ripped them a new one about what they were doing. No way I was going to send it back so they could rip off somebody else.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 pm

cool

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Now, that I think about it, my friend recently bought this album on CD through ioffer.com. He didn't pay nearly as much for it as I did. It looked official at first but I took a close look at it and thought the cover and booklet looked like they could have been copied from something else, but I don't know.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Nico wrote:
Now, that I think about it, my friend recently bought this album on CD through ioffer.com. He didn't pay nearly as much for it as I did. It looked official at first but I took a close look at it and thought the cover and booklet looked like they could have been copied from something else, but I don't know.

I almost got one from there too. I sent the payment and everything. I waited almost a month and got nothing. I emailed the guy I never got responses. I ended up getting my money back through pay pal. About a month later the guy finally writes back saying he had some family issues or something and was sending the cds out. I was hoping that he wouldn't have realized I got my refund and I waited to see if I got the cd but I never did. Just as well cause I'm sure that was a bootleg and I got my money back anyway. The other thing I was a little suspicious about was they didn't have an actual picture of the cd it was like a photoshopped version of a cd.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Well, even bootlegs can get pretty expensive on eBay, if it's something that's really rare. If you ask me, bootlegs are fine as a last resort, but I do my best to seek out an official copy.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:01 pm

I don't think I've ever seen anything legit on ioffer.com. That place is bootleggers central. I have been tempted though to pick up some of the television shows you see on there - like the complete uncut WKRPs.

The only known bootleg I ever bought was INC - Razorback. It was in the dollar bin at Amoeba marked as a CDR. Have to say it was a pretty well done one. Actually silver pressed and clean artwork. Even has an assuming licensing disclaimer (for Bombay India) to make it appear legit.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:37 pm

jstate wrote:
The only known bootleg I ever bought was INC - Razorback. It was in the dollar bin at Amoeba marked as a CDR. Have to say it was a pretty well done one. Actually silver pressed and clean artwork. Even has an assuming licensing disclaimer (for Bombay India) to make it appear legit.

Those Vox Humana Records releases are indeed a short-run duplicated CD-R bootlegs, just like every other fictitious bootleg label release done by that certain individual...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:28 am

I just scored a copy of this CD today (finally). The booklet and CD state that this was made in France.

The CD has the matrix reference: "FLAG CD 21 M90 01". The cd and booklet look typical for those printed around that era. I scored mine from a marketplace seller on Amazon.

I guess it's hard to tell these days if a cd is real or not. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm

what does the pictures look like? Do they have like faint lines going diagonally?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:06 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
what does the pictures look like? Do they have like faint lines going diagonally?

The pictures of the band members in the insert look fine. However, there appears to be a faint diagonal sort of texture on the left (closer) chimmey of the power plant on the front cover.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:15 am

Who did you get it from off of amazon? And go see if they have listed another one. I'd be very suspicious of the Under One Flag version (especially if you paid under 40 for it). Too many of those boots floating around.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:22 am

Random observation that's been bugging me for a while...

Why are these "faked" CDs always called "Bootlegs?" Wouldn't "counterfeits" be a more accurate term?

When I hear "bootleg" I usually think of an album/CD of "unofficial" live material or other unreleased odds and ends, put out "under the table" by someone who has no rights to it.

...but if it's an exact copy of a legitimately-released CD and it's being sold under the pretense that it's the real thing, I'd think that would be considered counterfeiting. Like "counterfeit" money, or the fake "designer" bags/clothes/fragrances sold by street vendors.

Don't mind me, I know that "bootleg" is the accepted term for these fake CDs, I'm just thinking out loud.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Why are these "faked" CDs always called "Bootlegs?" Wouldn't "counterfeits" be a more accurate term?

When I hear "bootleg" I usually think of an album/CD of "unofficial" live material or other unreleased odds and ends, put out "under the table" by someone who has no rights to it.

...but if it's an exact copy of a legitimately-released CD and it's being sold under the pretense that it's the real thing, I'd think that would be considered counterfeiting. Like "counterfeit" money, or the fake "designer" bags/clothes/fragrances sold by street vendors.

Don't mind me, I know that "bootleg" is the accepted term for these fake CDs, I'm just thinking out loud.

No, I agree with you. I tend to call fan recordings or anything not officially released a bootleg and the fake CD's I refer to as pirated CD's
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 am

thejokeriv wrote:

No, I agree with you. I tend to call fan recordings or anything not officially released a bootleg and the fake CD's I refer to as pirated CD's

We need to come up with a new term. I suggest "scamboogers" or "cheesebags." Just cuz it would be funny to see those words in eBay listings, i.e. "ORIGINAL PRESS! NO CHEESEBAG!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:01 am

I have another name I call them but I doubt it would pass the word filter. Good points though, never thought about it till you brought this up. I'm all for new terminology.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:20 am

jstate wrote:
I have another name I call them but I doubt it would pass the word filter.

Does it rhyme with "brother truckers?" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 am

I see a bad word 'hidden' in the bands name. I bet that was deliberate!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 am

T-Roy wrote:
I see a bad word 'hidden' in the bands name. I bet that was deliberate!

Doubtlessly the work of SAAAAAAA-TAN!

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Grimmo wrote:

The pictures of the band members in the insert look fine. However, there appears to be a faint diagonal sort of texture on the left (closer) chimmey of the power plant on the front cover.

Yea it sounds like a bootleg or cheesebag or whatever lol.

Who did you get it from on Amazon?

If the picture isn't totally clear then thats a give away that its not real.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I think your whole post was a bootleg. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I think your whole post was a bootleg. Razz

Shut up, cheesebag. angry

Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:05 am

jstate wrote:
Who did you get it from off of amazon? And go see if they have listed another one. I'd be very suspicious of the Under One Flag version (especially if you paid under 40 for it). Too many of those boots floating around.

I had a look on Amazon. Eeeeek, I think I might have a bootleg. confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?   Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Assault Survive Bootleg or not?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2