Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
nevermore
ultmetal
bgast1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Empty
PostSubject: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:21 pm

I could be wrong here, but you know what this album sounds to me like it could have come out in the late '60's or early '70's. And I'm old enough to know what the sixties and seventies sounded like too. The only thing that I can peg that might not place this album in that era is perhaps it's just a tad faster.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Sounds like 80's Nuclear Assault to me. Most fans seem to hate that album. I like it.

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Sounds like 80's Nuclear Assault to me. Most fans seem to hate that album. I like it.

Yeah, I never really understood why alot of fans hated it, it sounds like classic Nuclear assault to me!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm listening to it right now. I like it. Just heard the song about the cheese with the wine. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:26 pm

bgast1 wrote:
I'm listening to it right now. I like it. Just heard the song about the cheese with the wine. lol!

Yeah, that track is classic! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:45 pm

Sacrifice wrote:
bgast1 wrote:
I'm listening to it right now. I
like it. Just heard the song about the cheese with the wine. lol!

Yeah, that track is classic! Laughing very hard

I like that one too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:02 pm

I haven't heard this NA album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Listening to this album right now....I agree with ult, it sounds like earlier Nuclear Assault. I'm interested in hearing the reasons why those that don't like it...don't. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:08 pm

I don't hate T.W.G. but don't love it either. It's got some good tracks on it but I wish it were a bit more frenzied and furious like their earlier stuff. It's better than, say, OUT OF ORDER but I think I even rank SOMETHING WICKED slightly higher than this one. I sometimes wonder if this album was thrown together just to make a quick buck off of Thrash Reunion Fever because it seems N.A. has disappeared just as suddenly as they reappeared.

That said, "Whine and Cheese" and "Long Haired A**hole" are hilarious. NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide 201269

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:57 am

I don't hate this album, but it was a disappointment. It sounds good, personally Id prefer it to be closer to how Survive and The Plague sounded but oh well, theres also a couple of really kick ass songs deserving of classic status and one hell of a heavy bottom to it that really thunders it along. However, it also reeks of being thrown together some songs even sound a little forced if not just noodling in the never. It's not their worst but its close, and I hope they make another album at some point so they can go out on a high point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:56 pm

It's a good album, but one that I rarely play.
I don't think it's that far removed from Survive , or Handle With care.
Most of he songs just didn't grab me like their first LP back in the day.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm a big NA fan but I don't like 3rdWG very much.The song writing is mediocre, the production is okay (cymbal seems high in the mix), I don't like the vocal lines too much.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:13 am

It's a very good album in my opinion. I remember buying it from a metal record shop in Barcelona. Great place to shop for music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide   NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NUCLEAR ASSAULT - Third World Genocide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: