Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...

Go down 
+6
ultmetal
choosemetal
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Empty
PostSubject: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:16 am

Looks like Nuclear Assault is planning to celebrate their 30th anniversary next year with one final album....

Blabbermouth wrote:
Veteran bassist Dan Lilker (BRUTAL TRUTH, NUCLEAR ASSAULT, ANTHRAX) has released the following statement:

"I'd like to bring everyone up to date on what's going on with NUCLEAR ASSAULT. First, though, let me clear up what's going on with my 'retirement.'

"Yes, BRUTAL TRUTH will be a done deal by the end of this year. With that will come a 'slower' phase in my musical career in that I won't be constantly touring like I have since the mid-'80s. I am simply scaling back what I'm doing so I can have a little more stability in my life, although I am still quite busy here at home with NOKTURNAL HELLSTORM (who just recorded our second album) and BLURRING (who are in the process of recording at this writing), and I still play in VENOMOUS CONCEPT (also recording for a new release).

"That brings us to NUCLEAR ASSAULT…

"In 2015, it will be 30 years since NUCLEAR ASSAULT solidified our lineup and started making a name for ourselves in the metal/crossover scene. To commemorate this, the band will write and record another album and play some shows for a 'Final Assault.' The live front will be of a limited nature due to the reality of people in the band having careers that they can't just walk away from for the time needed to go tour the world like we did in the '80s. Nevertheless, we will try to do whatever we can, especially in the summer, to get out there and thrash for everyone again. Progress on writing music will not go quickly due to a couple of facts; we are geographically challenged, so we can't just jam once a week like we used to, and we want to make sure that this album is really killer so we can go out with a big bang.

"That's all for now, stay tuned and more info on shows will be forthcoming at the appropriate time."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:19 am

Great! Also, another non-retirement "retirement."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:54 am

"Final." Haha. But still great news!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Yeah, we'll see. But it is cool to get another release from them.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Yah, I'm looking forward to see them live.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 5:52 pm

I really liked their last studio album though most people seemed to hate it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I really liked their last studio album though most people seemed to hate it.

I pulled out Third World Genocide this week for the first time in awhile due to the reunion news. I never thought it was particularly bad, just un-inspired. There are a couple of good tracks but it feels like something that might have started out as an EP and ended up getting padded out with a bunch of leftover crap to make it reach album length.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:53 pm

My Nuclear Assault collection is ashamedly sparse, consisting only of Handle With Care. Never seemed to find their stuff in the used bins.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Better get on it Metalguy! haha

This one is for real. They are putting the band to rest after this. All the other guys have jobs and families and whatnot. I hope they take their time with it though and not rush anything. Third World Genocide was crap.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 5:55 pm

Looking forward to this!
Could sway me to re-collect the entire discography again, and even buy that "Atomic Waste" vinyl LP of the early demo tapes.

Listening to Third World Genocide now. I can see everyone's point of view about it.
Depends what you want to get out of it.
It has the "classic" sound from the late 1980s,
but for example,
why does the title track sound like it is just the starting riff and a pre-chorus ONLY of one of their other standard-type songs, but NOT going anywhere?
Yes, they "padded" some songs, and could have done more.
They really needed a good producer to tell them where to chop up the best pieces from the songs and expand on them.

"Price Of Freedom", "Exoskeletal", "Fractured Minds", "Eroded Liberty", and "Glenn's Song" were pretty good.
I have to be in the right mood for the funny songs on it, like "Whine And Cheese"  or "Long Haired Asshole"
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Love me some Nuclear Assault! 3rd world Genocide was ......bad.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:12 pm

I'm a big fan of them. I have all their releases but Third World Genocide.I'll get it sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...   Nuclear Assault to release Final Album... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Assault to release Final Album...
Page 1 of 1