Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......

Go down 
+26
Boris2008
mikeinfla
jettafiend
James B.
bgsully
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
ZombieHavoc
kethdredd
jstate
Eyesore
stormspell
exact33
Infinite
adrian
GrandNational
kmorg
Stender
Dark Horseman
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Empty
PostSubject: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:06 am

They just want 30k:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/guardian2012/guardian-the-cat-starter-project
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 am

John Elefante and Tourniquet exceeded what they asked for.

Guardian may as well. They have to average $538.37 a day to make it.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:18 am

John Elefante asked for $35K and got $48K

TQT asked for $22K and got $28K

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:23 am

That is amazing I never even heard of Guardian til I joined this board, IMO why did these guys make their goal and not Vixen?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:34 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
John Elefante asked for $35K and got $48K

TQT asked for $22K and got $28K

I'm surprised John Elefante asked for money - I thought he and his brother owned a studio?

TQT got their money, eh? After Luke's comments here, that's one I won't be buying!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:34 am

"Just" $30K. Very Happy

Quote :

"Pledge $1 or more ... a big digital kiss from Tony Palacios!"

...Maybe Vixen should use that tactic, they might be doing better. Especially if they skip the "digital" part.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 am

manny wrote:
That is amazing I never even heard of Guardian til I joined this board, IMO why did these guys make their goal and not Vixen?

Not to stereotype or disparage anyone, but could it be the Christian connection? Seems like a common thread amongst those bands that are making their quota are or had a Christian affiliation at some point. Perhaps, and this is just speculation on my part, other Christians are more likely to donate to "help spread the word" than a secular band just looking for a hand-out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

Not to stereotype or disparage anyone, but could it be the Christian connection? Seems like a common thread amongst those bands that are making their quota are or had a Christian affiliation at some point. Perhaps, and this is just speculation on my part, other Christians are more likely to donate to "help spread the word" than a secular band just looking for a hand-out.

That actually sounds reasonable. You may be right although to me it all seems like they're all looking for handouts.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 am

Guardian hasn't made their goal yet.

John Elefante & his brother owned the Sound Kitchen in Nashville, but sold it for millions. ALL the Nashville big names have made albums there...it's a studio complex with multiple studios inside.

The $35,000 for Elefante is most likely for pressing/promotion moreso than recording/mixing, which he can do himself. You have to understand the "mainstream mindset" of people like Elefante..."go big or go home"...since his Kansas days, he's sees the music business a certain way and it stuck. $35,000 is most likely a small amount of money for what he's planning to use it for.

Anyone who's been at that level has their perceptions/outlook on what "needs" to happen permanently altered.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:58 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

That actually sounds reasonable. You may be right although to me it all seems like they're all looking for handouts.

Yep, it does seem they are looking for handouts. But, with the Christian connection they may think that they can get some of that 'tithe' money, since many evangelicals believe that God requires 10% of your gross income (which in itself is a huge scam and has nothing to do with The Bible)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:03 am

Quote :
'tithe' money

Yea, that's the word I was thinking of. I couldn't remember what it was called. Tithing. They can look at it as more of a religious donation than just a blatant hand-out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
'tithe' money

Yea, that's the word I was thinking of. I couldn't remember what it was called. Tithing. They can look at it as more of a religious donation than just a blatant hand-out.

That's it - the whole "God requires 10%" is such BS and just a way to fund a churches budget (not the fried chicken joint!) . The only "Tithe" required in The Bible was in Old Testament times and that was to fund the government and more specifically was partially used for a big party (and Alcohol was involved!) and to help feed the poor. And it wasn't 10%, it was more complex that that. As a Christian, it REALLY pisses me off that it's taught as something God requires or you are "in sin".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:35 am

The only Christian band I would consider throwing money into (if I had it that is) would be Mortification. Steve Rowe is a good man of faith who has been through a lot (cancer, stiffed by the record companies, etc.) and has a TRUE ministry band. However, Steve Rowe doesn't beg for money like some of the others.

As for tithes, Christians are to give to their church. However, it is not compulsory as giving is supposed to be from the heart and from conviction. In other words, give according to your needs and what you feel God wants you to give. For those who lack money, they can give in other ways such as service or volunteer work. As my pastor at my first church would say, "If you feel like you have to give, we don't want your money. Give because you want to, because you feel that God is leading you to."
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:51 am

Well, i'm a christian and i've never felt moved to give to these kickstarts. But, if you send me money now I promise to never start a kickstart campaign and I might send you some used kleenex. Pruhayyyyysssse Jeeeeeesus!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

I think you're on to something probably, it seems like people involved in the Christian scene will spend money on just about anything Christian or a Christian alternative to what they were listening to that comes out (...or hasnt come out in this case).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 pm

I need to find some Pagan bands to support...the Old Gods & Goddesses are grossly underfunded.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
I need to find some Pagan bands to support...the Old Gods & Goddesses are grossly underfunded.

Laughing very hard

"Give us some money or we'll burn your house down!" lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:06 pm

The old Pagan Gods had all their holidays stolen by the Christians, I'm just trying to recoup all the money they've lost on the Christmas shopping season all these centuries.

lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The only Christian band I would consider throwing money into (if I had it that is) would be Mortification. Steve Rowe is a good man of faith who has been through a lot (cancer, stiffed by the record companies, etc.) and has a TRUE ministry band. However, Steve Rowe doesn't beg for money like some of the others.

Huh, did you forget the pledge he did for the new EP? It is in whole funded through the Mortificaiton/Wonrowe Vision Life Achievement program, where fans paid money directly to Steve, and not even via Kickstarter or the likes.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 pm

kmorg wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Huh, did you forget the pledge he did for the new EP? It is in whole funded through the Mortificaiton/Wonrowe Vision Life Achievement program, where fans paid money directly to Steve, and not even via Kickstarter or the likes.

Exactly! Unless DB is living in a parallel universe, Steve is always asking for handouts on just about every single one of his last few albums plus joining Infiltration Squad, Life Achievement, etc. I still haven't found any other artist that asks for as much handouts as Steve does.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:44 pm

GrandNational wrote:
kmorg wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Exactly! Unless DB is living in a parallel universe, Steve is always asking for handouts on just about every single one of his last few albums plus joining Infiltration Squad, Life Achievement, etc. I still haven't found any other artist that asks for as much handouts as Steve does.

I did not know about this, so please lighten up there. I guess I'm behind on my Mortification news.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 pm

Did some research and I realize I was wrong. It' has been a while since I followed Mortification so I was behind the loop. It was probably mentioned here but since I've been occupied by a lot of stressful things last year, until recently I have spent very little time on HoM. I'd still donate if I had the money because I know Steve believes that what he does is a calling from God and truly a ministry. He's not just doing this to make a quick buck. Plus apparently, it looks like you get your money's worth when you donate.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:07 pm

I don't care if a band is Christian or not, the only way I find it fair is if you receive a physical copy of the album at at least close to the same price you would've paid otherwise.

I didn't participate in Tourniquet's kickstarter, but so far theirs was the only one that seemed reasonable to me. And it worked!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:08 pm

My offer still stands. Don't want used kleenex? Might be able to spare some used T.P.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Whoa! Jamie's approaching Jon Oliva proportions! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next