Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!

Go down 
+13
TheGooch
Shiney
fishingd
EvyMetal
nevermore
stormspell
exact33
Thrasher73
sovdat
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
the sentinel
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:38 pm

in europe play.com have lots of cheap metal cds ranging from 3.99 to 7.99 you just have to look for them.

i am considering filling the gaps in my iron maiden collection - rock in rio, x factor and virtual xi all 7.99 with free shipping

also dehumanizer is 3.99 right now on there and led zepelin cds are a fiver
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:20 am

Just ordered the following:

1 of BACKROADS: Precious Things ($5.00 each)
1 of COLLISIONKORSE: Collisionkorse ($5.00 each)
1 of DADDY BANNED IT: Rules ($5.00 each)
1 of DIRT MERCHANT: Bad News Travels Fast ($5.00 each)
1 of ERIN MILLER: Release ($5.00 each)
1 of KATAGORY V: A New Breed Of Rebellion ($5.00 each)
1 of LEAH ANDREONE: Unlabeled-The Demos ($5.00 each)
1 of THE MOON: The Moon ($5.00 each)
1 of MYSTERY BLOOM: Lifetime in the Heart ($5.00 each)
1 of ORPHONIC ORCHESTRA: Six Song EP ($5.00 each)
1 of SHATTER MESSIAH: Never To Play The Servant ($5.00 each)
1 of UNTIL THE FALL/COUNTLESS SHADOWS: Split CD ($5.00 each)
1 of UNTIL THE FALL: Enslaved ($5.00 each)

🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:22 pm

I just placed my first-ever order with CD Baby the other day, for a batch of those $5.00 goodies. If I'm pleased with the stuff I receive, then there will be more orders in the future. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:33 pm

What'd you get?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
What'd you get?

I'm gettin'...

LANFEAR: Another Golden Rage
VARIOUS: Return of the Mountain King: A Tribute to Savatage
SEVENTH OMEN: Abstract Destiny
STEEL PROPHET: Beware / Includes Bonus CD "Eyes Of The Prophet (Visions Past)"

They all sounded pretty good based on the samples on the CDBaby site (good enough to risk $5 on anyway)... I could've easily added at least another dozen $5 discs to my order after all the samples I listened to, but I figured I'd keep the order small this time and save some for the future. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:08 pm

The Lanfear and Steel Prophet discs are very good, well worth the $5. I got both through the site. The Steel Prophet is a double CD. Can't beat that one at all!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The Lanfear and Steel Prophet discs are very good, well worth the $5. I got both through the site. The Steel Prophet is a double CD. Can't beat that one at all!

Yea, I've been meaning to pick up some Steel Prophet stuff forever too. I have a few songs of theirs on various compilations and tribute albums but have never gotten one of their CDs. The fact that it was still only $5 even tho it's a double disc definitely sweetened that deal. Laughing

If I end up digging that Lanfear album (and judging from the samples I heard on CDBaby, I have every reason to believe I shall indeed dig it) then there's another CD by them in the $5 section, so I'd snap that one up next time. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:13 pm

There's three Lanfear CDs for $5. Or there was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yea, I've been meaning to pick up some Steel Prophet stuff forever too. I have a few songs of theirs on various compilations and tribute albums but have never gotten one of their CDs. The fact that it was still only $5 even tho it's a double disc definitely sweetened that deal. Laughing

If I end up digging that Lanfear album (and judging from the samples I heard on CDBaby, I have every reason to believe I shall indeed dig it) then there's another CD by them in the $5 section, so I'd snap that one up next time. Laughing

so perhaps you might check their demos that are released soon*...when they were great US steele....especially "in the dream" is the ultimate hymn of real undergound US metal....in the dark ages....

*soon the cd, i mean. the lp is already sold out(hehehehe)...... Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:41 pm

syrus wrote:

so perhaps you might check their demos that are released soon*...when they were great US steele....

If I dig what I hear from the Prophet, then I'll probably start collecting their other stuff, yea.

Just what I need... ANOTHER band with an extensive discography that I got into late in the game...
angry

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
syrus wrote:

so perhaps you might check their demos that are released soon*...when they were great US steele....

If I dig what I hear from the Prophet, then I'll probably start collecting their other stuff, yea.

Just what I need... ANOTHER band with an extensive discography that I got into late in the game...
angry

ha, i stayed with the demos! Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I just checked CDBaby and there's only one other Lanfear disc on the site. I stuck it in my "cart" with a bunch of other un-ordered stuff for now, just so I don't forget about it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:26 pm

Huh...I must have gotten another somewhere else, then. I thought I got all three through this site.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I just checked CDBaby and there's only one other Lanfear disc on the site. I stuck it in my "cart" with a bunch of other un-ordered stuff for now, just so I don't forget about it.

Seems like CD Baby rotates the $5 deal cd's quite a bit, so something that's there today might not be there tomorrow. I got burned twice now when I didn't buy a cd the 1st time I saw it there. Get'em while they're hot!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Seems like CD Baby rotates the $5 deal cd's quite a bit, so something that's there today might not be there tomorrow. I got burned twice now when I didn't buy a cd the 1st time I saw it there. Get'em while they're hot!!

Yea, I'm getting that kinda vibe. Just to add insult to injury, by the way, the Winters Bane REDIVIVUS CD that I wanted to order from the $5 bin (that's the one that prompted me to visit CDBaby in the first place), which was "out of stock" the day I placed my order, is now apparently back in stock again. D'OH!!!
angry

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, I'm getting that kinda vibe. Just to add insult to injury, by the way, the Winters Bane REDIVIVUS CD that I wanted to order from the $5 bin (that's the one that prompted me to visit CDBaby in the first place), which was "out of stock" the day I placed my order, is now apparently back in stock again. D'OH!!!
angry

Yea, I was surprised to see that Winters Bane in there as well, so I snapped it up. I was just browsing the $5 section and saw it. Not to rub it in, but it's a real good one too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, I was surprised to see that Winters Bane in there as well, so I snapped it up. I was just browsing the $5 section and saw it. Not to rub it in, but it's a real good one too.

Yea, I know it's a good one cuz I OWNED it till about two weeks ago, when my CD fell out of my car and got blown by the wind across a rain-slicked parking lot, resulting in a wet, cracked, scratched, and otherwise ruined CD in a destroyed jewel case. :doh: So I need a replacement, I guess I really should wait till my current CDBaby order gets here before I go and place another one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm making another "small" order today, so I can grab that Winter's Bane album. I've never heard anything from this band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:10 pm

Tell me about Mattson. I might have to pick those up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'm making another "small" order today, so I can grab that Winter's Bane album. I've never heard anything from this band.

Why I oughta... you better not get the last copy...! angry

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Tell me about Mattson. I might have to pick those up.
I know nothing about them. Haha. The dude Mattson sounds like one of those virtuoso types, but the albums sound pretty badass, heavy, progressive, power metal kind of stuff. I think some of the albums are instrumental, too.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:42 pm

If only I had Paypal or something like that Sad
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:41 pm

Anyone ever order from The End? Great place to get music, and the shipping is free!

www.theendrecords.com
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:51 pm

I got my CDBaby order today!! (does happy dance)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Selvmord wrote:
Anyone ever order from The End? Great place to get music, and the shipping is free!

www.theendrecords.com
The End used to be awesome, but they've gone downhill over the past few years. I ranted about them here before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next