Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!

Go down 
+13
TheGooch
Shiney
fishingd
EvyMetal
nevermore
stormspell
exact33
Thrasher73
sovdat
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
the sentinel
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:22 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Warmachine is great.I need to get it on next order.The Mainpain and Nameless Crime are awesome.Picked them up last time
Yeah, that's why I ordered them. It's hard to traverse through that damn database because so many bands add their crap to the wrong genres, and multiple genres. That's why I keep this thread alive. I don't want any of us to miss a good deal. =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Quote :
1 of DARKSUN: The Dark Side ($5.00 each)
1 of MAINPAIN: Food for Thought ($5.00 each)
1 of NAMELESS CRIME: Law and Persecution ($5.00 each)
1 of POWND: Circle of Power ($5.00 each)
Just ordered those.
As some of you know, or at least one of you, MainPain and Nameless Crime are worth the $5. The same can be said for POWND and Darksun. POWND is a lot like MainPain and Nameless Crime, groovy metal with a touch of thrash. Very good album, well worth the $5. Although I am pretty sure they ripped off a symbol Rich Ward used for his Sick Speed project. Unless it's a common symbol. I've never seen it twice before last night, though.

Darksun, I think, is the pick of the litter here. It starts off amazing; "The Dark Ride" (after a short intro) is a brilliant tune, catchy as hell. Sort of like Kamelot at their best. It sort of dips after this track, with none of the other songs being quite as good. But it's still a great album. And it comes with a DVD, which is also pretty damn cool. Lots of behind the scenes stuff and a way low-budget video—I think it was recorded in a bedroom. Haha. But well worth the $5, that's sure.

In my cart now:

Highest Place - First Sight
Highest Place - Dilemmas
Side Winder - Mother Earth

Not sure if I'll pick them up, but I'm thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Yeah Eyesore,the Side Winder sounds good.Im thinking about getting it next time.And just for the record,I cant quit listening to Nameless Crime.Great disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Forgot to post this yesterday. I placed this order:

1 of BEYOND TWILIGHT: For The Love Of Art And The Making ($5.00 each)
1 of CLOUDSCAPE: Crimson Skies + 1 Bonus Track ($5.00 each)
1 of ETERNAL FLIGHT: Under the Sign of Will ($5.00 each)
1 of MISTER KITE: Box of Fear ($5.00 each)
1 of SYRYM: Syrym ($10.00 each)

Someone mentioned Syrym here before, I think. Anyway, Syrym features Ron Freschi and Jamey Pacheco of Babylon A.D. It sounds much more like classic Babylon A.D. than they actually did on American Blitzkrieg. There's even a cover of "The Sky Is Falling," which was on American Blitzkrieg. Great song.

And $5 for the others? Can't get much cheaper than that. I already own it, but Mister Kite's other album is up there for $5, too. Both killer!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Someone mentioned Syrym here before, I think. Anyway,
Syrym features Ron Freschi and Jamey Pacheco of Babylon A.D. It sounds
much more like classic Babylon A.D. than they actually did on American
Blitzkrieg. There's even a cover of "The Sky Is Falling," which was on
American Blitzkrieg. Great song.

I think it was me. I've been waiting for that to come out. $10 sounds like a killer deal! 🤘

Here was my order from a weeek or two ago:

1 of EMOTION: EMOTION (Special Edition) ($5.00 each)
1 of INCRAVE: Dead End ($14.97 each)
1 of KATAGORY V: A New Breed Of Rebellion ($5.00 each)
1 of LETTER 7: Follow The Light ($14.97 each)
1 of MANTICORA: Hyperion ($5.00 each)
1 of MANTICORA: Roots of Eternity ($5.00 each)
1 of TITANIC: Wreckage (The Best of & the Rest Of)(Featuring Robert
Sweet of Stryper On Drums) ($5.00 each)
1 of ULTIMATUM: Symphonic Extremeties +3 ($5.00 each)
1 of ZION (FEATURING X-SINNER VOCALIST REX SCOTT): Thrillseeker
($5.00 each)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:35 pm

It was you. I bumped it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:23 pm

I guarantee you will like those Manticora albums.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It was you. I bumped it.

Yeah just saw that. I'm going to have to put together another order.

Nazgul wrote:
I guarantee you will like those Manticora albums.

I've listened to Hyperion a few times (big Dan Simmons fan) and I love it! They remind me a bit of Blind Guardian, but I like the vocalist better. I checked them out primarily because they had been touring with JOP and CIIC, and I'm glad I did, especially for $5 a pop. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!   CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CD Baby's $5 CD Deals - You Can't Beat It!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5