Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat Empty
PostSubject: According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat   According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:41 am

Does anyone disagree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat   According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:56 am

Maybe the first time in rock, but it was developed from jazz drumming. Louis Bellson from Duke Ellington's orchestra was using double-bass and blast beats in the mid 1950s during his drum solo features. It's also common in free jazz (Sonny Murray) and fusion (Tony Williams).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat   According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Okey-doke. Guess that clears that up. Moving on then?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat   According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Yeah. I saw that Attila had one too in the comments section for their video.

Maybe the first time in metal/punk then.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat   According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Probably so in the hardcore/metal realm. He's not the only one I've heard credit D.R.I..

Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat   According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:22 pm

I'm sure I hit things all at the same time with feet and hands when I was a kid in some fit of rage. I read somewhere or on a documentary that the nice fella from Napalm Death was the first...who knows!
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat   According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

According to Dan Lilker, this was the first blast beat
Page 1 of 1