Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012

Go down 
+29
Hadley
Shawn Of Fire
CRIMSONMASK
EvyMetal
Gryphon-kl
Addy
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
Infinite
exact33
Wurthless
DeathCult
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
James B.
Leatherface
SideShowDisaSter
ShadowAngel
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Nico
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
jstate
Shiney
Wargod
snooloui
kmorg
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
S.D. wrote:
The Box (blu-ray)

How is that? The premise (as I remember it) intrigued me.

"I" loved it, MANY people just don't get it.

It was written and directed by Richard Kelley (Donnie Darko). If you liked Donnie Darko you'll probably love it, if you hated that movie you'll probably hate it.

It's based on a Richard Matheson short story, but alot of the plot is a new creation. It's very surreal...but that's why I loved it.

Donnie Darko was a really, REALLY strange movie. I saw it a long time ago so I don't remember it very well (except for the rabbit) and the WTF? feeling I was left with. I usually like "leftfield" movies so I'll probably give this one a shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:13 pm

"The Box" isn't quite as odd as Donnie Darko, it just combines too many elements for most people (not to mention a script that makes people think, not just be entertained with CGI candy). I think you'll appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
"The Box" isn't quite as odd as Donnie Darko, it just combines too many elements for most people (not to mention a script that makes people think, not just be entertained with CGI candy). I think you'll appreciate it.

Sounds like my kind of movie.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 am

I bought a lot of movies in the past few days, mostly because a lot of 80's action movies were finally unbanned here in Germany and released on DVD:
Missing in Action
Delta Force
Commando (owned it before, but this new release has the Director's Cut)
Bloodsport

And some Blu-Rays:
Lucky Number Slevin
Brick
The Expendables
Black Swan

The Box sounds interesting. Have to check it out Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:56 pm

RED
Sherlock Holmes
The Hangover Pt. II

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:28 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Missing in Action
Delta Force
Commando (owned it before, but this new release has the Director's Cut)

I own and love all of those films. Commando is one of my top 3 favorite movies of the '80s. cheers
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:59 am

From Hastings buy one get another for a buck sale

Rush - Beyond The Lighted Stage blu-ray
Casablanca blu-ray (never seen it, it was a buck, and for some reason sells for crazy prices. I assume it's OOP or something)
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:10 am

Black Sabbath-The Last Supper
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:14 pm

The Mighty Macs
J. Edgar
Tower Heist

Wargod
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 am

Captain America
X-men-Underclass
The Punisher
Punisher-warzone
Four Brothers
White Irish Drinkers

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Karate Kid on blu-ray (2.50 shipped from Hastings!)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence

This came today. I have to finish Kalifornia then on to the "unrated, director's cut" of Human Centipede 2 - Full Sequence.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:53 pm

'Kalifornia' is a cool flick. Haven't seen it in awhile. It's been playing on cable lately though. Been meaning to watch it again.

That was the movie that made me think that Brad Pitt was more than just a pretty face. He's downright gross in that film.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
'Kalifornia' is a cool flick. Haven't seen it in awhile. It's been playing on cable lately though. Been meaning to watch it again.

That was the movie that made me think that Brad Pitt was more than just a pretty face. He's downright gross in that film.

Exactly! I always thought Pitt was a prima donna but man, he is nasty in this film. I've seen it twice before but it's been a while so I dug it out again. He's still nasty (the picking his toes at the dinner table while everyone is eating scene grosses me out more than anything in Human Centipede.)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Exactly! I always thought Pitt was a prima donna but man, he is nasty in this film. I've seen it twice before but it's been a while so I dug it out again. He's still nasty (the picking his toes at the dinner table while everyone is eating scene grosses me out more than anything in Human Centipede.)

Everytime he makes that *snork* sound, my wife gags.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 am

MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Silent_night_deadly_night_part_two

Found it at a flea market about a week and a half ago. There was this one spot that had an enormous selection of DVDs and VHS tapes. I noticed some of the SNDN movies and they had all of the films in the series EXCEPT for the first one, which was of course the one I wanted. I decided, "Hell, this'll just have to do until I find the first one at a reasonable price" hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:05 am

Nico wrote:
MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Silent_night_deadly_night_part_two

Found it at a flea market about a week and a half ago. There was this one spot that had an enormous selection of DVDs and VHS tapes. I noticed some of the SNDN movies and they had all of the films in the series EXCEPT for the first one, which was of course the one I wanted. I decided, "Hell, this'll just have to do until I find the first one at a reasonable price" hahaha.

A good fifty percent of "SNDN 2" is made up of recycled clips from the first movie anyway. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 am

Yeah, although it doesn't have the scene where Grandpa scares the crap out of little Billy. Honestly, the movie would have been a lot better if they had kept the flashbacks from the first film to a minimum, to use that much footage from the previous film is ridiculous and absurd. Even though the first film is drastically better, the acting in part 2 is sooooo much worse. God bless Eric Freeman. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:13 am

"GAAAAARRRRRRRBAGE DAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:45 am

Dude, there's a Blockbuster Video where I live that used to have the Silent Night, Deadly Night 1 and 2 double feature DVD for rent in their horror section. I went to that location thinking that since the whole chain was closing down, they might have it for sale at a reasonable price. When I didn't see it, I asked somebody at the register about it. They said that someone rented it and never returned it, and they didn't have the information to track down the mother. I was just telling my friend about it the other night and he just said, "Hahahahaha, that's Blockbuster for you!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:50 pm

I bought SNDN 1 a few years ago. That scene where supposedly silent/senile grandpa scares the crap outta little Billy is priceless.

Last edited by tohostudios on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:18 pm

MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 The-beastmaster-1982-marc-singer-dvd-new-imported-5f3e

A Korean import. May have to do this with Masters Of The Universe which is another childhood favorite swords & sorcerers movie that is also expensive to get.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:26 am

tohostudios wrote:
I bought SNDN 1 a few years ago. That scene where supposedly silent/senile grandpa scares the crap outta little Billy is priceless.

That is my favorite scene in the movie, it's just so warped! Did you buy it when it was still in print, Toho?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Nico wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That is my favorite scene in the movie, it's just so warped! Did you buy it when it was still in print, Toho?

Apparently because I sure didn't pay what the unrated, uncensored copy is now going for on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012   MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOVIE HAUL (DVD / BLU-RAY / VHS Purchases) 2012
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next