Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012

Go down 
+18
Orion Crystal Ice
CRIMSONMASK
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Shiney
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Nico
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
nevermore
James B.
thejokeriv
manny
kmorg
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Empty
PostSubject: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Trying something new this year Very Happy

Let me know if I should add something, or change the name of the thread to better explain what it is about.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:20 am

Excellent idea for a thread, since we have lots of peps who collect books and comic books etc
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:21 am

Very cool idea!!!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:23 am

I got this book that is basically a conglomerate of 5 cowboys on the same cattle drive in 1873. Very interesting stuff, especially the guy running the chuck wagon.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Just picked up Tony Iommi's "Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven And Hell With Black Sabbath"
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Should probably just make this about recent books you're reading as well.

I'm halfway through Zane Grey's The Lost Wagon Train

I just bought On Food And Cooking by Harold McGee
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:52 am

I got Dave Mustaine's book for Christmas, but haven't started it yet. Maybe this weekend.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Voidfarer by Sean McMullen

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 am

Rainbow: English Castle Magic by Martin Popoff
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:54 am

Witchfinder wrote:

I have that book, its quick and excellent read
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Library book sale haul:

Steig Larsson: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
David Brin: The Postman
Cormac McCarthy: The Road
Dave Barry's Money Secrets
Dave Barry's History of the Millennium (So Far)
Arthur C. Clarke: Imperial Earth
Marion Zimmer Bradley: The Firebrand
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: America (The Book)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:49 am

manny wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I have that book, its quick and excellent read

crap.....forgot to look for that at the book slinger while in the big city the other day.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:38 pm

I bought this book with trade credit yesterday because I'm a cuddler Very Happy

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Olcovers274-L.zip&file=2740530-L

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:10 pm

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 New-dilbert-book

In hardback from Half Price Books (couldn't find any paperback there and I have no idea what happened to the ones I had):

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 400000000000000080822_s4BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 0345435729.01.LZZZZZZZ
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Fighting My Way Back: Thin Lizzy '69-'76 by Martin Popoff
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:55 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 400000000000000080822_s4
The first Terry Brooks novel I ever read. Now I've read all his books, of course. But that one made me a big fan.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 400000000000000080822_s4
The first Terry Brooks novel I ever read. Now I've read all his books, of course. But that one made me a big fan.

cool Brooks if my favorite author. Would love to see some of his books made into movies and expose the books to a larger audience, but so far it's not happening:

Quote :
The rights to a movie adaptation for all of the Shannara novels were sold to Warner Bros until August 2010.[5] The Elfstones of Shannara, the first planned movie,[5] was to be filmed and directed by Mike Newell,[6] who was also responsible for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and more recently Prince of Persia.[7]

Since the initial offer made to Warner Bros., a script was bought, potential actors reviewed, and assurances made that the movie would indeed be produced. To date, the rights to Warner Bros. for the production of the movie have expired. Mike Newell, the director announced to produce the movie, disappeared from the project and began work on Prince of Persia.

Terry Brooks himself has expressed frustration and a desire to see an adaptation. He stated that there is still interest by other parties to produce the movies, but as of yet he still holds all creative rights to his books.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Well, he just optioned the rights to the Landover series, which definitely could do really well as it's pretty much a YA series. Or at least it has that vibe.

But I agree, the Shannara series would be great on the big screen or as an HBO series. Start with something like The Voyage of Jerle Shannara, where technology has begun to screen back into the world, you know. It'd be excellent in the right hands.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Well, he just optioned the rights to the Landover series, which definitely could do really well as it's pretty much a YA series. Or at least it has that vibe.

I'd love to see Wizard At Large. Especially the scene with the dragon in a modern day courtroom (see how well they could match up the picture in my mind when I read it).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:20 pm

I love how he connected the Shannara series to the Word & Void series. I don't believe for a second that was ever his intent until recently, but it all matches up really well. I makes the Shannara series a post-apocalypse series, which is cool.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I love how he connected the Shannara series to the Word & Void series. I don't believe for a second that was ever his intent until recently, but it all matches up really well. I makes the Shannara series a post-apocalypse series, which is cool.

Agreed. I haven't read the series after The Gypsy Morph, but now that it's complete I will probably start (once I finish reading my current Xanth book). Hopefully it ties in with Galaphile and the founding of the first Druid Council. I know later this year is supposed to be the beginning of a new Shannara series (non-prequel), but I prefer to wait til a series comes to an end, as I hate cliffhangers.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Hopefully it ties in with Galaphile and the founding of the first Druid Council

Just found out it doesn't as the first Druid Council didn't occur til 1000 years after the Gypsy Morph.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:42 pm

"Love is in the air...."

dancingthing

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Hopefully it ties in with Galaphile and the founding of the first Druid Council
Just found out it doesn't as the first Druid Council didn't occur til 1000 years after the Gypsy Morph.
Yeah, I just finished The Measure of the Magic last month or so. He's got a novelette about Allanon coming out soon as an e-book, which should be cool. But if you don't have an e-reader, you're outta luck. Same with the W&V short story "Imaginary Friends," which he released digitally recently.

He's also done a non-Shannara/W&V/Landover story, maybe his first ever, in this: http://www.terrybrooks.net/2012/03/brooksblog-on-multiverse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next