Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collector's Regret

Go down 
+19
Witchfinder
TheGreatDuck
stormspell
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Alex Dee Rokket
krokus
Speedmetalfreak
exact33
EmoElmo
stevegarveyfan
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
metalhead777
Sole Survivor
manny
Fat Freddy
kmorg
jstate
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Collector's Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:29 pm

My autographed Martyrs shrine album. I paid $30 + shipping (I barely listen to it)...

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:33 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:
Got Believers comeback, Gabriel with a shirt for 30 bucks. I like the shirt but the album itself is just so...meh

I have this CD, this has got to be one of my worst purchase, Ever.... probably one of the worst rock albums ever , I usually preview albums off Youtube before buying, I freaking don't know why I failed to do it. If ever I had the choice, I wouldn't download this album for free either
I dont know why I thought gabriel was so boring. I loved Transhuman, one of my current favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:19 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:
Got Believers comeback, Gabriel with a shirt for 30 bucks. I like the shirt but the album itself is just so...meh

I have this CD, this has got to be one of my worst purchase, Ever.... probably one of the worst rock albums ever , I usually preview albums off Youtube before buying, I freaking don't know why I failed to do it. If ever I had the choice, I wouldn't download this album for free either
I dont know why I thought gabriel was so boring. I loved Transhuman, one of my current favorite albums.

For them going into that Musical direction is beyond me, like non-Metal music lovers would buy that album or something, it truly sucked, now I begin to realize that the Eric Martin CDs that my girlfriend gave me were 5x better Cool

Anyways back to the topic, I'm not into collectors stuff but I kinda regretted buying those early-Mid 90s CENTURY MEDIA CDs, there were lots of 'em and spent quite a fortune, I listened to them quite a lot but it peaked , got tired of that sound Thank God Sleaze and Old School Thrash and Heavy Metal returned and now my friend is going to pick it up at a bargain price since I've gone fully Digital Razz
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 pm

I've bought Hexx Morbid Reality for $10 in the past and it was okay for that price.

Coroner's GRIN, however, I'll only take if the seller includes a $100 check with it, and a pair of extra-strong earmuffs Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:53 am

I'd put Morbid Reality as a good record for $10. Not as much for the $27 I spent on it.

I've gotten all of the Coroner albums cheap. Grin was I believe $18 and the highest I paid for one. A great price for what that album tends to go for, but it still didn't do much for me. My least favorite of theirs.

I don't hate Chameleon. I accept it for what it is. But if I paid thirty for it I would've probably rioted and never bought another Helloween record again.

Most I have ever spent on one item was $68 off ebay for the Cross Purposes Live combo CD/VHS. I justified it by the fact I would've easily spent more to see such a concert live. Have never regretted it for a second. One of my favorite live records and a constant go-to player.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:02 am

There's been several times I bought a CD whose price fell soon. I also bought some CDs, then came home to find out a deluxe reissue of the album with bonus tracks is out.

BTW, shouldn't this be in Collector's Corner?
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:08 am

Bought Trouble's Manic Frustration for $12 and thought I'd scored a great deal. Only to have it turn up in the Hastings .99 bin a week later. Thankfully I really love that record so no regrets.

Won Four Horsemen's Nobody Said It Was Easy off ebay only to find it a few weeks later at Goodwill for $2. In better condition than the one I won.

Then there is the buying things I stupidly forgot I already had. How many copies of Witchfynde's Give'em Hell do I need?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Buying multiple copies of the same album is a specialty of mine too Laughing I really need to put a list of my collection one of these days...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 am

I think my biggest regret was shelling out a bunch of bucks for Laaz Rockit's Nothin$ $acred. I hadn't heard the album but I was a big fan of Laaz Rockit's Know Your Enemy and Annihilaiton Principle and I was really let down by Nothin$ $acred. It really lacked the hooks of the previous two albums. It's a decent album but nothing special really.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:12 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
BTW, shouldn't this be in Collector's Corner?

Moved it Very Happy

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
(fingers in ears) Lalalalalalalalalala! Not hearing you!!

I'm sticking with my fellow Jersey brotha' on this one. Chameleon sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Sheesh, so much hate for Grin. I guess most people STILL don't get it. One of their best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:48 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Sheesh, so much hate for Grin. I guess most people STILL don't get it. One of their best.

I love it, tied with Mental Vortex as my favorite release.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:14 am

I don't hate Grin, I just felt let down by it. Of course a lot of that may have come from my years long pursuit in trying to find a copy at a reasonable price. I so wanted to be blown away by it. And who knows maybe down the line I'll play it and it'll all sink in.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:34 pm

Abattoir - Vicious Attack
One of the most expensive CDs I ever bought (almost $40 used on eBay about four years ago). I had the opportunity to get it cheaper a few years earlier but blew it. It came around later at a less expensive price as well.

Dekapitator - We Will Destroy...You Will Obey!!!
Another expensive one. I paid about $30 for a used original pressing in the summer of 2010, then it got re-issued a year later.

Sacrifice - Torment in Fire
I bought a bootleg CD on eBay in 2004. It was later re-issued and has since gone out of print.

Znowhite - All Hail To Thee/Kick 'Em When They're Down
Traded numerous different items to a friend for this rare CD (and even bought one for him). It was then re-issued about a month later. The only thing that I really regret trading for it though was my Exterminator 2 VHS.

I guess those would be some of the bigger regrets, but the main thing is that I have those albums.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:16 am

Not long ago I found that Abattoir for about twenty and though it was a total impulse buy (anything over ten I usually want to check online first) it was worth every penny.

Almost paid a lot for that Dekapitator album but kept getting beat out on ebay. Turned out to be a blessing. To be honest it is such a great album I won't be too upset at paying 30.00 for it. I'd even go ahead and get the re-issue just for the bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
abh3vol.firman
Metal novice
Metal novice
abh3vol.firman

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:06 pm

kiss' physco circus i got it as a gift.once i listen to it i found out y my friend spent only a couple of dollars.the title track is the only good one
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:33 am

In the late 80's I ordered a Van Halen bootleg on vinyl that was a terrible audience recording. It was a double LP. I think it was like 50 bucks. Ordered it from some shop I saw in Goldmine magazine. I was greatly disappointed and never made it past track one but skipped ahead when I saw it had Zeppelin's MOBY DICK on it. It was not Moby Dick so I put it away and never played it again. I believe it was from the 5150 tour. Being about 16 at the time I automatically assumed that since it was vinyl that there was no way it could be a bootleg. WRONG!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collector's Regret   Collector's Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collector's Regret
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2