Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread

Go down 
+11
XYZ
Eyesore
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
ryanmetalman
exact33
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
Getizzyback
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Empty
PostSubject: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Man, I never heard of this group, until today.I was just looking at CDs at Walmart..(I know first mistake)..well, I usually like groups from Hollywood and it was only 9 bucks, so I said what the hay, I got it, and first of all, it should have said "THIS IS THE EDITED VERSION" on the cover because on the first song, it cut out so many f words, there was nothing but blanks through out the song, I really don't care for curse words in song lyrics, but if the music is good, a lot of times I can overlook that fact and still get into the songs.....BUT OMG!..this crap sounds like the Beastie Boys beating the gutts out of The Backstreet Boys with some rap dude calling the play by play....it's awful, I feel like total crud after buying this junk, sometimes I take a chance on bands just because I like the album cover or I just get a good feeling about something.I had no earthly idea this group sounded like this!.....The least these guys can do is take off their junk costumes and clean the puke out of my car!.....total yuck!...I have a new Frisbee by Wham-O! ..............WELL, anybody else here bite the dust buying a CD they thought they might like but was ready to throw it out the window before you got it home????
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Every Iced Earth album I gave a chance, and that Explorer's Club which was not what it was cracked up to be for something boasting the likes of Steve Howe, Derek Sherinian, and Billy Sheehan.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Before the advent of the interwebs, this used to happen to me all the time.

I'd wander into my local CD store, see a cool cover and just by a CD (or back in the day, a record) based on the artwork.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:49 pm

this years batch:

Hero - Immortal
Fierce Conviction - The Requiem of a Mourner
Morbid Jester - Gates to Valhalla
Phantom Lord - The Twilight World
Khali - ST
Legacy - ST (Eonian)

ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:22 am

Cry Mercy - self-titled
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:57 am

I knew to steer clear of this group just from the pictures i've seen of them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:38 am

tohostudios wrote:

I'd wander into my local CD store, see a cool cover and just by a CD (or back in the day, a record) based on the artwork.

Yea, that pretty much sums it up for me these days. I'll occasionally make a blind purchase at thrift stores or flea markets and come away less-than-impressed, but it's usually an under $3 investment, which I'll make back when I resell it on ebay.

The last 2 that come to mind are Alias and some TNT disc. Neither were what I expected, but someone out there likes that stuff.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am

exact33 wrote:
this years batch:

Hero - Immortal

I dind't think this CD was bad.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:37 am

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
this years batch:

Hero - Immortal

I dind't think this CD was bad.

I didnt care for it at all. It was a blind buy and it never clicked for me.

Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:20 am

tohostudios wrote:

Yea believe me, I have not done this in a long time, and I probally won't do it again for a long time!!!!

I looked on the back and the song list looked semi ok except for ONE song called "Pimpin"....Man I should have realized this wasn't for me, but I just totally ignored it!...got it anyway...UGG!

BTW, a friend of mine told me today that the group has already split up.....I was really shocked on that one....lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:49 pm

sorry for this one cause i love most of their stuff but...

deliverance- river disturbance

maybe it is good but when i think deliverance i think thrash, and this is just too far from that for me to get into it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:53 am

How do you not know what you're getting into when buying a Hollywood Undead CD?

HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread L41752k5uzs

That should say it all. That said, though, I hate but absolutely love this song:

Video is likely NSFW. Recognize the "riff?"
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Chinese Democracy. 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:08 pm

XYZ wrote:
Chinese Democracy. 'Nuff said.

I knew not to buy that one Smile

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
How do you not know what you're getting into when buying a Hollywood Undead CD?

HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread L41752k5uzs

That should say it all. That said, though, I hate but absolutely love this song:

Video is likely NSFW. Recognize the "riff?"

Nifty video, but OOOOFFFA, that "music". Do those ass-clowns actually play instruments or do they just don funny masks and rap? And no, I didn't recognize the riff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:29 pm

The riff is "Crazy Train."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Hmmm, I kinda recognize it now that you mention it, but I wouldn't have picked up on that.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Mine don't have the explicit lyrics label on it, because they were all cut out.

It should say "edited and you probally should buy it somewhere else"

My walmart days are over as far as music is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
Mine don't have the explicit lyrics label on it, because they were all cut out.

It should say "edited and you probally should buy it somewhere else"

My walmart days are over as far as music is concerned.
As far as I know, Walmart has to note that they're edited. It usually says (EDITED) after the title on the sticker atop the jewelcase.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Wal-Mart should edit the workforce by helping the out-of-jobs and actually put cashiers behind those 20 always-empty registers in every single store.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Wal-Mart should edit the workforce by helping the out-of-jobs and actually put cashiers behind those 20 always-empty registers in every single store.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Yeah that's pretty bad. My condolences on your purchase.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:13 am

man, so I just realized I needed to add Dark Tranquillity, I got 'Projector' and another one (about the same period of the band) a few years back because the covers looked cool and the reviews seemed safe, wooooo, what a pile of junk. Unbelievably boring band....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:50 am

Projector is brilliant, dude! Very different for them. None of their other albums are like that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:46 am

They all sound like Eminem. Their voices all sound too similar to justify having so many members. At least with the Beastie Boys you could tell the difference between the voices...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread   HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD..?..(or the official "I Regret Buying This CD"!) Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next