Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please help me get out of jury duty!

Go down 
+12
ultmetal
GrandNational
The_Jayroh
adrian
Fat Freddy
James B.
manny
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
exact33
brokentulsa
Cognitive Dissonance
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:09 pm

James B. wrote:
You know what man, I am sorry fur taking it this far. I guess I miss read your thread title of "help me get out of jury futy" ? Seems the context of that is easily misconsrued as something else. Bummer about your leg.
No problem man. No worrys. I'm going to see Kyuss and the Sword tonight, hopefully my legs can take it!
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:51 am

ultmetal wrote:
I've been selected for jury duty several times over the years. It's inconvenient for sure, having to call in all the time and you can't really leave town. In my county, jury duty last for FOUR MONTHS! It's insane.

However, the last time I had jury duty I was actually chosen to sit on a jury and I thought it was cool.

Wow. Took us like....four days. Then again Jackson County Alabama is border line out in the middle of nowhere. Methheads and alcoholics abound. Thank God there's not many gangs around. They all stick to Huntsville.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:42 pm

The_Jayroh wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I've been selected for jury duty several times over the years. It's inconvenient for sure, having to call in all the time and you can't really leave town. In my county, jury duty last for FOUR MONTHS! It's insane.

However, the last time I had jury duty I was actually chosen to sit on a jury and I thought it was cool.

Wow. Took us like....four days. Then again Jackson County Alabama is border line out in the middle of nowhere.

Is Lincoln in that county? lol! That is one of the smallest backwood towns I've ever been to.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:06 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The_Jayroh wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Wow. Took us like....four days. Then again Jackson County Alabama is border line out in the middle of nowhere.

Is Lincoln in that county? lol! That is one of the smallest backwood towns I've ever been to.

come to my town...

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:08 pm

My time for jury duty has come. The last two times I was summoned I was attending school and exempt, yet now I have no way out of it this time. I have county jury duty tomorrow and even though I loose $65 from missing work, they will pay me a whopping $6 so it's not a total loss. I just hope I either don't get picked (only 20% of the people are selected) or it doesn't last more than one day.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:33 pm

I got called in for jury duty in May and was there for three days. I only saw the inside of the courtroom once, and wasn't selected to be on the panel. Luckily, the money they paid me for sitting and reading for a few hours while waiting to be selected paid for a few lunches when I was away at school the next month. Smile

I actually got called in again for next week. Btw, I agree w/ FF, just go and stop trying to weasel out of it. It probably won't be that bad, although I might not be able to say the same thing for the crime in question. :geek: Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 811939

Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 627712
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:40 pm

I don't think I will be called, as I wrote back I'd like to see criminals and immigrants hung as I am a real citizen. That worked and I didn't even have to use the F word or the N word Laughing
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:27 am

I should just say I believe all people are guilty until proven innocent.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:22 am

Be careful with that DB, you might just end up with the prosecutor fighting to put you ON the jury.

I've only ever got called three times. One I had a legit excuse because of travel and work. The other time I was eliminated early because the judge was a family friend and one of the lawyers was my friend's father (ahhh... small town courts). It was probably justice since I really disliked that guy and would've naturally judged against him. The last time I was actually seated on the jury. It was pretty clear how they selected me since the defendant was my same age. I think they wanted to make it look like it was actually a jury of his peers. Everyone else was old. It was fun the first day since they brought in this tweaked out Meth head to testify for the county. It was a comical disaster and very entertaining. Second day was just lawyers endlessly talking and thinking they where Perry mason or something. I was ready to pronounce them all guilty after that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 pm

Through a mistake and bad directions I missed jury duty but I was able to reschedule for next week. Luckily I was able to get to work in time to maintain almost 40 hours this week. I know where I messed up and next time I will get proper directions and actually make it in.
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am

DB, for some reason I find your life troubles engaiging reading Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Cognitive Dissonance wrote:
DB, for some reason I find your life troubles engaiging reading Smile

DB is going to be able to write one heck of a memoir!!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Jury Duty was pretty uneventful. I went in Tuesday morning along with 252 other potential jurors. They only needed 153 people and I was one of the lucky 100.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Jury Duty was pretty uneventful. I went in Tuesday morning along with 252 other potential jurors. They only needed 153 people and I was one of the lucky 100.

you didnt get to send someone to the gallows??

Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Heh, I got a letter in the mail several days before my assigned jury duty day saying that it had been cancelled.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 am

I had to go for a guy who was accused of molesting hs granddaughter.

I didn't even get a question asked, but I remember sitting there thinking about how I wanted to kill the guy. I guess I wouldn't have been a good juror for that case.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:55 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The_Jayroh wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Nah Lincoln is down south of here, and east of Birmingham.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please help me get out of jury duty!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2