Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Candlemass to record final album

Go down 
+15
Rex
Shawn Of Fire
Andy
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
speed101
Required Fields
mc666
GrandNational
ultmetal
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Candlemass to record final album Empty
PostSubject: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Jest read this on Bmouth. Shocking!

Legendary Swedish doomsters CANDLEMASS have inked a deal with Napalm Records. The band is currently working on material for its farewell album, which is tentatively scheduled for a spring 2012 release.

Commented CANDLEMASS in a statement: "Now it is official, Swedish doom 'meisters' CANDLEMASS have signed with Austrian Napalm Records for their 11th and last studio album. The band is very happy and excited about this and are looking forward to work with such a great and growing label as Napalm, home of cool bands like MONSTER MAGNET, KARMA TO BURN and ISOLE."
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:41 pm

I heard about this months ago that they were going to do one final album. I still have to give the last album a good listen.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Why on earth did Nuclear Blast drop them? Man, the music business in just wacked!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
Why on earth did Nuclear Blast drop them? Man, the music business in just wacked!

Maybe Candlemass didn't want to work with NB any more. More and more bands are going indie.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Or maybe they weren't selling that well any more.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Well, maybe Solitude Aeturnus will become more active as a result and record a few albums. First Cathedral and now Candlemass calling it quits in 2012. It's the end of the world as we know it Razz
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:40 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Well, maybe Solitude Aeturnus will become more active as a result and record a few albums.
they're better anyway imo.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Well, maybe Solitude Aeturnus will become more active as a result and record a few albums.

Agreed. Alone was such a great comeback after their downtime and better than the Candlemass albums Robert has sang on.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:34 pm

I think Death Magic Doom is FANTASTIC! Candlemass to record final album 604261

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Such a shame. I was listening to Nightfall yesterday. Great album.

I sure do hope they manage to come to the Canadian Maritimes on their final tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:35 pm

I hope they come to the States on their final tour because I'd drive to wherever to see them if I had to. To me this announcement of them disbanding is shocking and sad. I've been a Candlemass fan since the 80's.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I think Death Magic Doom is FANTASTIC! Candlemass to record final album 604261
yeah it was good, i just prefer SA to Candlemass.

speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Sad to hear this.Which of their 90s-2000s cds excluding the 2005 s/t is worth getting?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:09 pm

speed101 wrote:
Sad to hear this.Which of their 90s-2000s cds excluding the 2005 s/t is worth getting?

Chapter VI, Doctylis Glomerata, and From the 13th Sun are all great albums in their own way, but if I had to pick one it would be the 13th Sun.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Trouble should hire Robert Lowe and ditch Kory Clarke.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:03 am

That's a shame. I like these guys. I might have a few gaps in my collections, but the stuff I own is awesome. I've never heard a bad album from them, no matter who was singing.

Guess it's better that they go out with a bang instead of a whimper.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:03 pm

They'll be back with a couple live albums and some rarities compilations.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:42 am

Doom could use a renaissance. The old guards are slowly fading. I'm not immensely involved in the scene so maybe there's some new guys flying the flag, but I'm just not aware of them.

Thrash and NWOBHM have been faring very well over the last decade thanks to a resurgence.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 am

They should write a song with some sort of "ooohhhh ooohhh" type of scary sounding bit (like the Witch's guard in Wizard Of Oz) and have all former singers come in and sing on it...then like have Lowe and Messiah duet a song...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
...then like have Lowe and Messiah duet a song...
...while staring into each others eyes with their heads slightly tilted towards one another...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:07 am

Rex wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
...then like have Lowe and Messiah duet a song...
...while staring into each others eyes with their heads slightly tilted towards one another...

Lowe would have his eyes rolled back...it wouldn't work.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:11 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They should write a song with some sort of "ooohhhh ooohhh" type of scary sounding bit (like the Witch's guard in Wizard Of Oz) and have all former singers come in and sing on it...then like have Lowe and Messiah duet a song...

I don't think Marcolin and Edling will ever be in a room together ever again.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 pm

mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Way better. Always have been. =)

I love Candlemass, though, so I'm bummed. But there are plenty of great doom bands out there to take their place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass to record final album   Candlemass to record final album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candlemass to record final album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next