Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Voivod To Complete Final Record

Go down 
+8
Invader
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
TrogDawn
ultmetal
EvyMetal
mc666
White_Mage
12 posters
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Voivod To Complete Final Record Empty
PostSubject: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:05 am

Voivod to complete final record:
There remain 13 songs that Denis D'Amour (Piggy) had written with the band that have yet to be recorded. Michel Langevin (Away) and Denis Belanger (Snake) will track the last songs this spring bringing all the past and present members together to participate in a homage to the guitar legend of Piggy and the legacy of 25 years of a brotherhood forged by exploring metal, rock and punk ethics with an other worldly premise. Jean-Yves Theriault (Blacky) and Eric Forrest (E Force) have eagerly agreed to contribute bass tracks along with Jason Newsted (Jasonic). The End records and Nuclear Blast will release this final record once completed. Voivod may play select shows after the release as a thank you to the fans and to bring closure to a great career.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:28 am

Voivod have sucked for a while now... i seriously doubt this new album will change anything.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:25 am

Even if it does 'suck', I think it's pretty damn cool that they're bringing back all the old members as sort of a tribute. The cover better have some bitchin' artwork though..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 8:05 am

Glad to hear it. I've like most of what Voivod has recorded, so I am sure I'll like this as well.

ult

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:13 am

Awesome. VOIVOD has always been great and this sounds like a fitting finale.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:39 pm

I look forward to this. That band needs some closure.

Now if Ozzy would just close up shop, the circle will be complete. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:22 pm

I've liked the last few Voivod projects. I'll be looking forward to how this comes out.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:33 pm

i shall await this with great anticipation
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Can't wait for this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:38 pm

i like just about every voivod cd, including katorz. i have a soft spot for canadian bands in general, but voivod really is/was a great band. SO underrated, and being canadian, french, and weird didn't help!

it cracks me up when i hear people putting down any particular voivod cd because it "doesn't sound like voivod" or something along those lines. now, granted, some may just not like the band. but to expect every voivod disc to sound like dimension hatross? come on, that's not who voivod is. they've always messed with people's expectations, love them or hate them. kinda like jasonic's old band. Smile
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:09 pm

I'm looking forward to this release.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Sweet idea by the band. Hoping for the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm interested in finding out who will play live guitar if they do shows.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:14 pm

I think it's very cool that both Blacky and Eric Forrest will take part in this final album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:51 am

spectrefate wrote:
I'm interested in finding out who will play live guitar if they do shows.

Well if this one is seen as a closure to the whole band, I doubt they will do any shows.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Theyll do shows i think just to say goodbye and crap. I think Voivod fuckin rocks and Katorz was a really good album im pretty excited for the final one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Yeah! This band make me forget about Celine Dion and Simple Plan...

Vive le Québec libre!

(Don't try to understand...It's in French.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voivod To Complete Final Record   Voivod To Complete Final Record Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voivod To Complete Final Record
Page 1 of 1