Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayers final album

Go down 
+9
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
mc666
Todd Jaymz
zombiewalkin
Lurideath
Required Fields
Stender
MetalGuy71
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Slayers final album Empty
PostSubject: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:59 pm

😢So from the sounds of it Slayer is gonna produce one final album this year and then they are heading their separate ways laughing .....they r goin off to do their own lil side projects but I'll bet they'll be back.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Thats news to me. Where did you hear this?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Havent heard about this yet, but side projects are cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I first heard it announced on the KFLY radio station and then I read it on ultimate-guitar.com when I was lookin up tabs.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Jordanwsa wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I first heard it announced on the KFLY radio station and then I read it on ultimate-guitar.com when I was lookin up tabs.

Kfly is our local poser metal radio station up here in florence, I'm surprised they were talking about slayer.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:08 pm

At least I can say I got to see them live.

I hope they manage to make one more "good" album at least, assuming this is their final album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Jordanwsa wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Found the article if anyone's interested...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/the_end_of_slayer.html

...although it looks like it was posted in August of last year. I think if they were honestly thinking of ending the band, there would have been more talk about it by now, other than this one article. Ehh, who knows?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:31 pm

...of course it could be their last. Someone could lose a limb in a freak combine accident. But that probably won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:34 pm

I highly doubt they'd end Slayer like that. Tom is probably speaking his mind at the time the article was written. Maybe if Slayer would have made better albums and been more consistent instead of 5+ years between albums, they'd be doing a lot more or would have written better music.

However, maybe it is a good time to end it since the original band is back together for a few years now, they can end it on a high note.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:42 pm

spectrefate wrote:
...of course it could be their last. Someone could lose a limb in a freak combine accident. But that probably won't happen.

Stranger things have happened. Take this pic for instance...

Slayers final album White+lion

Who would believe that one of the hair farmers in this photo would one day be playing bass for Megadeth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Really. Is playing for Megadeth really a prime gig these days?
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Better than playing for White Lion anyday in my book
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:31 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I highly doubt they'd end Slayer like that. Tom is probably speaking his mind at the time the article was written. Maybe if Slayer would have made better albums and been more consistent instead of 5+ years between albums, they'd be doing a lot more or would have written better music.

However, maybe it is a good time to end it since the original band is back together for a few years now, they can end it on a high note.
Still though, they've had a really good run, they've been together for wat 25 years? I'm surprised Tom hasn't lost his voice completely, he's hardly ever in tune half the time becuz of all those years of screaming. but idk something tells me they'll be back even if they do split.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Stender wrote:
Jordanwsa wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Kfly is our local poser metal radio station up here in florence, I'm surprised they were talking about slayer.
ya if u listen on sundays after like 8 pm they play metal but its weak stuff like killswitch engage and stuff like that. but the rest of the time its like alt/hardrock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:44 pm

http://www.worcestermagazine.com/content/view/1746/

heres the whole article.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:01 pm

It may be a last studio album(if it's true), but then there's the Greatest Vol 1-2-3, Live albums from everywhere and the bsides album, and of course re-issues of everything with all of the added goods. kind of like Kiss haha, this may just be the beinging of mid life Slayer. Either way they've always been a major influence for bands far and wide so good luck to them!-TJ
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:25 pm

every band has to end some time or another.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:56 pm

No way dude! When Nicko Mcbrain's so old he looks like Eddie's twin, Maiden will still rock! 🤘 (he's not far off!!)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:26 am

Not following Slayer since Divine Intervention it doesn't effect me, however, they are a large part of metal history and will be missed.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:37 pm

Required Fields wrote:
At least I can say I got to see them live.

I hope they manage to make one more "good" album at least, assuming this is their final album.

HORNS TO THAT BROTHER!! \mm/
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:55 am

metal would not be the same without slayer but the are getting on a bit
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:31 pm

BUNCHA' LIVING SACRIFICE RIP OFFS!!!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:43 pm

I don't care if they are back or disbanded. Thrash metal bands need to do albums like they used to do on the early 80's and released them on LP's. Raw,fast,mean, and evil :dnd:
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Proof there is a God!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:55 pm

T-Roy wrote:
BUNCHA' LIVING SACRIFICE RIP OFFS!!!

Laughing very hard .........come to think of it Darren Johnson did sound a lot like Tom Araya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayers final album   Slayers final album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayers final album
Page 1 of 1