Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Traditional Metal Bands

Go down 
+16
Joe
krokus
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
Gilbert
jettafiend
mr.electric39
mlotek
Nico
ultmetal
Witchfinder
Jesusandmetal23
ProgDoom
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ProgDoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
ProgDoom

Number of posts : 33

New Traditional Metal Bands Empty
PostSubject: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Hey everyone! I'm on the search for new metal bands. Bands with the traditional metal sound, like Anvil, Accept, Scorpions, Riot, etc. Also, I am looking for mainly young bands, so that I can see them when I'm an adult. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Cauldron, Enforcer, Skullfist and White Wizzard come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Wolf, Widow, Cage, Steelwing, Bullet, Twisted Tower Dire, Ram, Armour and Portrait are others you may want to check out.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Some good one's already listed.

Also check out The Sacrificed. Latest CD is out on Roxx Records.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:03 pm

We've had this thread before, but in any event, I recommend Metal Inquisitor, Ignitor, Dark Forest (UK), and I'm sure there are a couple of other bands that I'm forgetting.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Cauldron, Enforcer, Skullfist and White Wizzard come to mind.

cheers
what he said!

plus
Midnight Malice (3 song demo/ep CD),
-one of their guitarists just left them a month ago or so, Devon Kerr, who is starting a new band with drummer Alison Thunderland (ex-Skull Fist)
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Some good one's already listed.

Also check out The Sacrificed. Latest CD is out on Roxx Records.

ah, that name sounds familiar, maybe was mentioned on this forum before

this short clip sounds pretty good

Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:17 am

You can never have too much Traditional Metal!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:00 am

mr.electric39 wrote:

You can never have too much Traditional Metal!!!

Agreed! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:36 am

I would say "Black Tide" as they have an album coming out next week, and don't forget Icarus Witch.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:40 am

I'll add Ravage and Havok (which is a thrash metal band)

They are among my favourite bands of the new wave

Bullet is also a band you may want to look into.

Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:24 am

I have some good doom/sludge bands if you want them
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 am

Good call on Ravage,Gilbert!

Some more that come to mind

Holy Grail,Early Man,The Sword
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 am

jettafiend wrote:
I would say "Black Tide" as they have an album coming out next week, and don't forget Icarus Witch.

...if I am not mistaken, the new Black Tide has been on the net for a few weeks and many say they turned metalcore?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 am

I think most of the leaders of this current movement have been mentioned but I would also add Razorwyre.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:07 am

Check here for some other recommendations...

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/t15352-new-wave-of-traditional-heavy-metal-nwothm?highlight=new+wave+ot+traditional

jettafiend wrote:

Black Tide's first album is good traditional speedy metal. The new album seems to be jumping on the bandwagon of band's like Avengenged Sevenfold or maybe Bullet for my Valentine. That's pure speculation on my part, as I don't listen to either of those bands so I could be off on that, but the previews of the new Black Tide album have not been kind.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t15352-new-wave-of-traditional-heavy-metal-nwothm?highlight=new+wave+ot+traditional

jettafiend wrote:

Black Tide's first album is good traditional speedy metal. The new album seems to be jumping on the bandwagon of band's like Avengenged Sevenfold or maybe Bullet for my Valentine. That's pure speculation on my part, as I don't listen to either of those bands so I could be off on that, but the previews of the new Black Tide album have not been kind.

I heard the new songs lives and the SUCK!!!!!! But, that is my opinion and you may like it. Manny liked them better than I did!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:26 am

In that post we talk about al those glory new traditional metal bands. One of my fave right now are STONEWALL from Italy. They even do a cover song by SWORD.https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/t15352-new-wave-of-traditional-heavy-metal-nwothm
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:33 am

Evil Survives:

In Solitude:

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Diemonds are one of the opening acts for Mike Monroe in a few months in Toronto

http://www.myspace.com/diemonds
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Cryonic Temple:

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 pm

My two newest purchases in this genre are Skullfist and Volture. Both of which I really like a lot! Some of the above I will need to check out. I have exhausted the thrash available to me, so I am searching in this genre. This style kicks a**!!
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:26 am

I'll add Savage Blade to this thread. For some reason they, I think, tend to be a little underlooked whenever mention of NWOTHM, in favour of WW, Cauldron, Enforcer et all, do I not understand why. We Are the Hammer is t h e best album of this movement so far, IMO.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:08 pm

mlotek wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

...if I am not mistaken, the new Black Tide has been on the net for a few weeks and many say they turned metalcore?

I had not heard that... Wow, I really hope that is not the case. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/t15352-new-wave-of-traditional-heavy-metal-nwothm?highlight=new+wave+ot+traditional

jettafiend wrote:

BFMV had one good album, Scream Aim Fire. I agree that A7X is really overrated as a band. They just are not good. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Traditional Metal Bands   New Traditional Metal Bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Traditional Metal Bands
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next