Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.

Go down 
+13
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Thrasher73
T-Roy
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Rex
krokus
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Empty
PostSubject: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:27 pm

Some exemples:
SAINT sound like JUDAS PRIEST
WHITECROSS sound like RATT
DELIVERANCE debut sound lik SLAYER
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:29 pm

I think you meant Living Sacrifice's debut sounded like Slayer instead of Deliverance.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I think you meant Living Sacrifice's debut sounded like Slayer instead of Deliverance.

To me some of the riffs on the DELIVERANCE debut album sound like old SLAYER (from the SHOW NO MERCY era). Never listen to LS debut album Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:34 pm

RECON/SACRED WARRIOR like old QUEENSRYCHE.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:36 pm

MICHAEL SWEET debut like BON JOVI, come on guys put some too please lol.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:40 pm

krokus wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:

To me some of the riffs on the DELIVERANCE debut album sound like old SLAYER (from the SHOW NO MERCY era). Never listen to LS debut album Crying or Very sad

Well if you ever hear LS's first album, then you'll really think you're listening to Slayer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:40 pm

Rose sounded like Danzig until his third album, when he sounded like Alice In Chains.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:43 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
krokus wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:

Well if you ever hear LS's first album, then you'll really think you're listening to Slayer.

oHHH, i would love to listen to their debut album. If i find it, i will buy it. THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:59 pm

Eternal Decision sort of sounded like a mix of Metallica and Pantera.

Godfear sounded like a mix of the first Korn album and Pantera.

I remember when I first picked up the Deliverance self titled album. I thought they had a sound similar to Death Angel. I never put together the Slayer connection, although Slayer most certainly was an influence on those early D albums. I think it's just the whole California speed metal thing. All those speed metal and thrash bands had something in common while not sounding exactly like each other.

I think every band has their influences. Whitecross for instance, may have started out sounding somewhat similar to Ratt, but with each album they sounded less and less like them.

Many people say that Ultimatum sound like Exodus but I can guarantee we never sat down and said, let's sound like Exodus. When we started in 1992, I wasn't even listening to secular music as the time. Any similarities are purely coincidental.

When Aerosmith first came out everyone said they sounded like the Rolling Stones.

Many said the Cinderella were an Aerosmith clone.

I remember reading how Fates Warning were a Maiden clone back in the day. Also, Iced Earth were once accused of being a Maiden clone. Primal Fear a Priest clone etc. It's all just influences IMO.

Last edited by on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:00 pm

I don't know what "NORMAL" is suppose to mean..... I’ve still yet to
hear a 'normal' metal band that could out do a Christian band,
musically or anything for that matter, and vice-versa. Metal is metal!

I always thought Barren Cross was similar to Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:04 pm

T-Roy wrote:

I think he just meant "what Christian bands sound similar to what secular bands". By normal, I think he just meant, "non-Christian" or "secular".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:04 pm

I think what this post is getting at is Christian metal bands that don't sound blatantly Christian when you listen to them.

Hmm I'd like to hear this Rose band if they sound like Danzig.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:05 pm

But to me it looks like that many of the christian bands sounded like those famous bands for a reason. Not because they were influenced by RATT for exemple if we talk about WHITECROSS but because they wanted to show those none christian fans that in the christian metal movement their were bands that sounded similar and that you could be christian and still listen to the same tipe of music because you have WHITECROSS, or SAINT for JUDAS PRIEST for exemple and that you didnt need RATT/JUDAS PRIEST. Does this make sence????
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

I think he just meant "what Christian bands sound similar to what secular bands". By normal, I think he just meant, "non-Christian" or "secular".

Yes, but whats normal to me maybe is not normal to somebody else. But you are right, normal to me are the non christian bands but i dont want to sound that i dont respect white metal because i do.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:09 pm

krokus wrote:
But to me it looks like that many of the christian bands sounded like those famous bands for a reason. Not because they were influenced by RATT for exemple if we talk about WHITECROSS but because they wanted to show those none christian fans that in the christian metal movement their were bands that sounded similar and that you could be christian and still listen to the same tipe of music because you have WHITECROSS, or SAINT for JUDAS PRIEST for exemple and that you didnt need RATT/JUDAS PRIEST. Does this make sence????

I don't think that was the case at all. They were not trying to replace those other bands. I know that is the case with Ultimatum. I can't speak for other bands, but we aren't out to be an alternative to Exodus. For that matter, when we started Exodus weren't even an influence. See what I mean?

Vengeance Rising never set out to be a Slayer alternative so that kids would only listen to them and not Slayer. Rather, Slayer, S.O.D., and Venom were some of their early musical influences and they sought to offer a different lyrical approach than their influences. Then again, Deep Purple were also a huge influence on VR. They even recorded a cover in homage to DP.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Thresher=Metallica
Stryper=at times had that Styx sound,mostly due to Michael Sweets voice.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:10 pm

Krokus,

I don't think that was the case. I think they loved metal music, and
they were passionate about it, and they perused it as there own dream.
They had their influences from the secular venue so that sound comes
out. But it was never about proving to anybody they could be just as
good. It was about doing what they loved, as Christians, therefore,
Christian lyrics.

But
I most certainly agree, they got many of their influences from early
secular pioneers of thrash and metal. I get your point bro, it's all
good! 🤘

Last edited by on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:12 pm

For that matter, I remember in the 80's when everyone said that Krokus were an AC/DC clone.

On the Christian side, many say that X-Sinner were and AC/DC clone. I don't hear that. Certainly they have an AC/DC influence, but they are actually much closer to bands like Def Leppard, or for that matter, Krokus, than AC/DC themselves.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

I don't think that was the case at all. They were not trying to replace those other bands. I know that is the case with Ultimatum. I can't speak for other bands, but we aren't out to be an alternative to Exodus. For that matter, when we started Exodus weren't even an influence. See what I mean?

Vengeance Rising never set out to be a Slayer alternative so that kids would only listen to them and not Slayer. Rather, Slayer, S.O.D., and Venom were some of their early musical influences and they sought to offer a different lyrical approach than their influences. Then again, Deep Purple were also a huge influence on VR. They even recorded a cover in homage to DP.

Ohhh, you got my point. REPLACE those other bands is what i was trying to say. Thanks. I was not talking about ULTIMATUM because i know you to well to know that its not the case at all. VENGEANCE RISING came also out of the underground and were metalheads. but i am talking about BLOODGOOD, WHITECROSS, ZION, BRIDE (you how they start playing different and modern music when heavy metal was out of the picture) etc....
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:13 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Krokus,

I don't think that was the case. I think they loved metal music, and
they were passionate about it, and they perused it as there own dream.
They had their influences from the secular venue so that sound comes
out. But it was never about proving to anybody they could be just as
good. It was about doing what they loved, as Christians, therefore,
Christian lyrics.

But
I most certainly agree, they got many of their influences from early
secular pioneers of thrash and metal. I get your point bro, it's all
good! 🤘

If ult and you are saying this i believe it of course because i know that you two are die hard christian metal fans but i just thought about it.
THANKSSSSSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:15 pm

Well, I think you just described 90% of the entire metal/thrash community as far as adapting and changing to survive.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
For that matter, I remember in the 80's when everyone said that Krokus were an AC/DC clone.

On the Christian side, many say that X-Sinner were and AC/DC clone. I don't hear that. Certainly they have an AC/DC influence, but they are actually much closer to bands like Def Leppard, or for that matter, Krokus, than AC/DC themselves.

Marc storage have always been a big AC/DC fan and played that music because he loved it. I thought that WHITECROSS was more into it to get people following christianity then for the music but i am wrong, sorry 🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:16 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Well, I think you just described 90% of the entire metal/thrash community as far as adapting and changing to survive.

Yes, thats true.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:16 pm

🇬🇹🤘
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:19 pm

krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Marc
storage have always been a big AC/DC fan and played that music because
he loved it. I thought that WHITECROSS was more into it to get people
following christianity then for the music but i am wrong, sorry 🤘
No, I don't think your wrong. Evangelizing is a big part of being a
Christian. And all the Christian bands most certainly hoped and prayed
people would accept Christ through there music. I'm just not sure that
is "WHY" they started their band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.   Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian metal bands that sound like normal metal bands.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next