Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flames - awesome Greek thrash

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Flames - awesome Greek thrash Empty
PostSubject: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 4:37 pm

Any fans of this Greek thrash band? They released four terrific albums in the 80s starting with the speedy Venom-ish Made in Hell (1985) and moving onto harder thrash with semi-death metal vocals on Merciless Slaughter (1986), Summon the Dead (1988) and Last Prophecy (1989). Really quite an underrated band.

Also the cover for Merciless Slaughter is one of my favorites, totally gory and rad. I'd post it here but I've no idea how scratch
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 5:44 pm

The only one I've heard is the first one, Made in Hell, but I wasn't that amazed with the disco drums Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 6:37 pm

sovdat wrote:
The only one I've heard is the first one, Made in Hell, but I wasn't that amazed with the disco drums Smile

If you have the chance, check out their other stuff. They get much harder.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 6:58 pm

Decent enough band. Kinda of like early Sodom in the sound department, but not as musically sloppy.

I've got the Unisound 2-on-1 disc with Last Prophecy and Summon the dead on it.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 1:04 pm

Resurrecting an old thread here.

I just purchased Flames' latest album titled Resurgence.

Quality thrash/death metal:

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 7:00 pm

Musically, they sound much tighter. Production is MILES above what it used to be. But my god.... those lyrics are middle school tripe Laughing very hard I don't normally care much about lyrics, but when they are that childish? Takes me right out of the moment...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 8:25 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Musically, they sound much tighter.  Production is MILES above what it used to be.  But my god.... those lyrics are middle school tripe Laughing very hard I don't normally care much about lyrics, but when they are that childish?  Takes me right out of the moment...

I'm guessing English is not their first language. It's probably not even their 2nd. I had a good laugh at some of the lines.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 1:00 am

Yes it's probably not even their second language.

At least you've got to give them credit for trying.

Music is tight though.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 1:25 am

English would definitely be a 2nd language at best for them.

I like the music. Pretty tight and aggressive. Just struggling to get beyond the juvenile lyrics. I'll give it some listens and see if it sinks in.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2022 1:35 am

Check out how bad their lyrics on the first two albums were. Yikes.

In particular, look up the lyrics to one particular song on the second album. I think you can figure out which one I'm referring to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2022 7:02 pm

The upside of their earlier albums was that the production was so raw, and the singer so harsh, it was nearly impossible to understand what was being said. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flames - awesome Greek thrash   Flames - awesome Greek thrash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flames - awesome Greek thrash
Page 1 of 1