Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bin Laden killed...

Go down 
+25
exact33
sheets
Joe
James B.
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
kmorg
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
SpectreFate
mc666
Smindas
Troublezone
martinsane
Eyesore
Stender
GrandNational
skullkrusher
bassman
metalinmyveins
Metal Misfit
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:08 pm

I don't know; the Fast Five creative team was pretty spectacular....

http://www.theonion.com/video/today-now-interviews-the-5yearold-screenwriter-of,20188/
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Joe wrote:
detuned wrote:
Should American's really be celebrating in the streets? no, it's makes us look like the redneck nation that the rest of the world believes we are already.

I was thinking that when watching last night. I really don't feel the need to celebrate anything. But, I also thought about anytime something bad happened to the U.S., how many times did we see videos of our flag being burned and AK-47's being shot in the air in celebration? So, I say screw it, let them celebrate. The rest of the world is going to hate us anyway.

Exxxxaaccccttttllllyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People can say, well this is going to fuel the fire of terrorists around the world (regarding American's celebrating Bin Laden's death), and that's why these demonstrations in D.C and NYC were a mistake. The thing is, these terrorists would find a plethora of other reasons to strike back at us, because they hate us. When one has a hard core ideology, regardless of what that is, those individuals can't be reasoned with. If diplomacy were really an obtainable goal, then we would have sought diplomacy.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:16 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/video/today-now-interviews-the-5yearold-screenwriter-of,20188/

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:22 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:

Awesome. It looks like I wasn't too far off in my estimation.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:25 pm

martinsane wrote:
And of equal importance to Bin Lade, what about his minions? I'm sure, now that they have a martyr, more problems will arise.

Yeah, because if there's one thing Middle Eastern terrorists are lacking it's martyrs.

To be honest, to me the most surprising thing about this news isn't that Bin Laden was killed, but that he was actually still alive. I figured the guy had died years ago and Al Qaeda was keeping his death quiet because they didn't want to give Americans hope Wink
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:36 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
007 wrote:
I do find it strange to see people dancing and celebrating in the street over his death (appears the same as Middle Easterners celebrating over anything that happens to the U.S). Good to see that they got Bin Laden but this thing against terror is far from over.

And just how many innocents have died in the pursuit of Bin Laden ? Anyone have numbers ?

Yeah, but those of us in the United States don't take pleasure in the fact that we mistakenly killed innocents, hence, we don't go out in the middle of the street and jump up and down for joy when we accidentally hit a hospital. There are "Some" within the Middle East who think, any dead American is a good thing. They don't/can't rationalize the difference between a military target and that of inflicting harm on civilians.

Oh, I'm not saying Americans shouldn't be celebrating (if they want to,have at it),I'm just saying that it looked eerily familiar to the Middle Easterners (I'm not trying to lump all of them in there,just a generalization). I ,too, would have liked to seen Bin Laden taken alive but I don't think he was going to go that route.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:38 pm

So I'm hearing that our Special Forces popped him, they DNA tested the body to make sure it was indeed him, then they dumped the body at sea. Seems to me they missed a bet there. They should've stuffed him and put him on display in the Capitol rotunda. Tell me millions of gawkers wouldn't pay $$ to see that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:56 pm

007 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
007 wrote:
I do find it strange to see people dancing and celebrating in the street over his death (appears the same as Middle Easterners celebrating over anything that happens to the U.S). Good to see that they got Bin Laden but this thing against terror is far from over.

And just how many innocents have died in the pursuit of Bin Laden ? Anyone have numbers ?

Yeah, but those of us in the United States don't take pleasure in the fact that we mistakenly killed innocents, hence, we don't go out in the middle of the street and jump up and down for joy when we accidentally hit a hospital. There are "Some" within the Middle East who think, any dead American is a good thing. They don't/can't rationalize the difference between a military target and that of inflicting harm on civilians.

Oh, I'm not saying Americans shouldn't be celebrating (if they want to,have at it),I'm just saying that it looked eerily familiar to the Middle Easterners (I'm not trying to lump all of them in there,just a generalization). I ,too, would have liked to seen Bin Laden taken alive but I don't think he was going to go that route.

I for one am glad he is gone and I dont think Bin Laden would have allowed himself to be captured alive. I also dont mind people celebrating - for all the cheering that was done over 9/11 by others, it is fitting to do some of our own. I consider Bin Laden to be a modern day Hilter, only more of a coward and am glad he is no longer around.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:25 pm

sheets wrote:
martinsane wrote:
And of equal importance to Bin Lade, what about his minions? I'm sure, now that they have a martyr, more problems will arise.

Yeah, because if there's one thing Middle Eastern terrorists are lacking it's martyrs.

To be honest, to me the most surprising thing about this news isn't that Bin Laden was killed, but that he was actually still alive. I figured the guy had died years ago and Al Qaeda was keeping his death quiet because they didn't want to give Americans hope Wink

yeah dude. I dont see how a guy 'that' wanted by the majority of the western world at 50 something years old has been able to hop from sand dune to sand dune with a god damn dialysis machine strapped to his back for the last 10 years.

Im not a conspiracy theorist at all but since last night ive thought twice about a couple things.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:29 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I am glad we finally got him - CIA doing their job well and Navy Seals just kicked ass!!!!!

Leo, what do you mean the CIA is doing their job? The CIA created and trained bin Laden in the 80's and armed him to the teeth to fight the Russians in the 80's when they were in Afghanistan (my uncle was in the Russian army fighting bin Laden, too bad the US was supplying him with ammunition to survive the Russian onslaught). As soon as Communism fell, bin Laden changed his tone on the US and started to bite the hand that had once fed him, because the US does a great job of creating terrorists and dictators when it suits them and then when they are no longer needed because they pose a threat, they go after them. It's US politics as usual. And it only took them 10(!) years? If they were really good, they would have had him long ago, like in the first year. In fact, Clinton could have had him in the late 90's, but for some reason, they but him on the back burner until he burned us.

And I agree with the sentiments of Eyesore, Stender, Kmorg, etc.,
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Eh, in the grand scheme of things it's good he's gone. But far too much attention is being paid to this IMO. The whole celebration of it is ridiculous, just furthers the rest of the world's negative view about America. However though, people also need to stop talking like this is the "end" of terrorism, none of those guys are really going to be phased by him being gone, they're just going to regroup with someone else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:07 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Eh, in the grand scheme of things it's good he's gone. But far too much attention is being paid to this IMO. The whole celebration of it is ridiculous, just furthers the rest of the world's negative view about America. However though, people also need to stop talking like this is the "end" of terrorism, none of those guys are really going to be phased by him being gone, they're just going to regroup with someone else.

Who is saying this is the end of terrorism? I haven't heard or seen anyone state this. To be honest, Bin Laden wasn't even really the brains behind Al-Qaeda, as that distinction has gone to Ayman Al-Zawahiri, who is supposedly hiding some where in Yemen. Talk about a guy that needs to be brought to justice, this guy had a dealing in the Sadat assassination back in 1981.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:36 pm

GrandNational wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
I am glad we finally got him - CIA doing their job well and Navy Seals just kicked ass!!!!!

Leo, what do you mean the CIA is doing their job? The CIA created and trained bin Laden in the 80's and armed him to the teeth to fight the Russians in the 80's when they were in Afghanistan (my uncle was in the Russian army fighting bin Laden, too bad the US was supplying him with ammunition to survive the Russian onslaught). As soon as Communism fell, bin Laden changed his tone on the US and started to bite the hand that had once fed him, because the US does a great job of creating terrorists and dictators when it suits them and then when they are no longer needed because they pose a threat, they go after them. It's US politics as usual. And it only took them 10(!) years? If they were really good, they would have had him long ago, like in the first year. In fact, Clinton could have had him in the late 90's, but for some reason, they but him on the back burner until he burned us.

And I agree with the sentiments of Eyesore, Stender, Kmorg, etc.,

I am stalking about this particular mission - CIA got the intel, verified it, Navy SEALS and went in and got the job done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:45 pm

I just want to know who is going to bring Michael Bay to justice for destroying the art of filmmaking?

His movies, now THAT is terror!

lol!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:59 pm

detuned wrote:
I just want to know who is going to bring Michael Bay to justice for destroying the art of filmmaking?

His movies, now THAT is terror!

lol!

Yeah, Michael Bay is an atrocious filmmaker. Ex: Pearl Harbor. An absolute disgrace. A close second would be Armageddon. I never understood how a movie dealing with apocalyptic situations could be turned into a comedy? If you ever want to see a movie involving an asteroid, that deals in deep human emotions, then check out "Deep Impact", which came out that same summer.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:01 pm

This thread is very interesting to read. From the supporters to the detractors to the comedy releief, Michael Bay. Smile

One thing is certain: The man was a terrible human being. His supporters are terrible human beings and they will continue to do terrible things to "Westerners" and themselves, which will continue to make them terrible human beings in the future. The end is no where near and the comparisons to a modern day Hitler are eery and quite realistic. ONe key point in the end of Hitler and his regime is at least after that particular war Hitler and ALL his followers were brought to justice and that particular terror regime was brought down. Sure there are the random crack pots that think being a NAZI is cool, but nothing remotely as threatining and certainly palors in size compared to the millions left to continue Bin Ladens reign of terror...

And to again echo the sentiments of the folks in DC, NY and anywhere in the world who are "celebrating" the removal of "public enemy #1" I say have at it. I am doing a little jig in my mind and will continue to do so as each of the hatemongers comes to justice.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm

I'm waiting for the inevitable "South Park" episode where Satan kicks Saddam to the curb in favor of his new boy-toy, Osama. You know they'll go there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:15 pm

bassman wrote:
Welcome to Hell, sorry, no virgins for you, you sick freak!

You know I've always wondered why his mindless drones never asked why he didn't sacrifice himself for the 42 (or whatever) virgins in the afterlife. If it's so great,why didn't he do it ?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:18 pm

007 wrote:
bassman wrote:
Welcome to Hell, sorry, no virgins for you, you sick freak!

You know I've always wondered why his mindless drones never asked why he didn't sacrifice himself for the 42 (or whatever) virgins in the afterlife. If it's so great,why didn't he do it ?

Because he was a cowardly a**hole
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Suddenly everyone seems to believe in Hell (it's amusing reading some of the postings of my atheist and non-believing friends on facebook saying he's now rotting in hell, burning for eternity, etc.!), and everyone is sure that bin Laden is there right now. Lord have Mercy!

The fact that we can be happy and act like a bunch of children and cheer at the destruction of one man none of ever knew personally shows how retarded humanity is surely becoming.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:50 pm

The guy ordered the deaths of innocent people, the guy on video marveled at the collapse of buildings on videotape like he was talking about knocking down a set of lego blocks, the man is first class scum bag and murder who did not even have the courage to do the dirty work with his own hands.

If the victims want to celebrate and cheer of the destruction of this man, more power to them, IMO Bin Laden gave up his right to humanity a long time ago, I do not consider it childish to celebrate the demiss of this steaming pile of human wreckage.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:04 pm

one terrorist organization attacking another....the daily happenings of the world.....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:10 pm

rawr! wrote:
one terrorist organization attacking another....the daily happenings of the world.....
Sigh...

Well, I guess some dummy had to go there, eh?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Manny, I'm not saying he wasn't a vile person, he was definitely sick, but the way people are reacting is just childish. We only end up looking like the people we love to hate.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:22 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Manny, I'm not saying he wasn't a vile person, he was definitely sick, but the way people are reacting is just childish. We only end up looking like the people we love to hate.

I can see you and Eyesore's point so I can't say I completely disagree, and thankfully I knew no one who died in these attacks. I am going to dance on the streets of his demise, I wish in some ways we did not celebrate his death like our favorite team won the Superbowl but I have no issue with it either, but I can see where the both of you guys are coming from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bin Laden killed...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next