Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bin Laden killed...

Go down 
+25
exact33
sheets
Joe
James B.
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
kmorg
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
SpectreFate
mc666
Smindas
Troublezone
martinsane
Eyesore
Stender
GrandNational
skullkrusher
bassman
metalinmyveins
Metal Misfit
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:08 am

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-39414183:video-tv-2-til-sejrsfest-i-washington.html?forside

Jesus Christ, I knew this must be important for you Americans, but you celebrate it like you've won the world cup or something!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:12 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-39414183:video-tv-2-til-sejrsfest-i-washington.html?forside

Jesus Christ, I knew this must be important for you Americans, but you celebrate it like you've won the world cup or something!

Way to stereotype the entire nation, jackass. Those are Northeasterners, they're all idiots up there. Oh wait......
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:27 am

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Way to stereotype the entire nation, jackass. Those are Northeasterners, they're all idiots up there. Oh wait......

Yeah, I don't feel any sense of national pride or patriotism or anything. Just a feeling of relief that there's one less evil bastard in this world.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:49 am

I am not celebrating but I am not unhappy, I am glad the son of smurfette is dead.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:53 am

I am glad we finally got him - CIA doing their job well and Navy Seals just kicked ass!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
You don't have to try to justify Bin Laden's death. It was deserved and the world is a better place for it. However, it is not something to be celebrated. You talk about the innocent people that died in terror attacks on US soil, but do you have any idea how many innocents have died in our pursuit of Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein? Far more than those who died in the attacks here.

Shall we celebrate that, too? Because that was all in the process of bringing Bin Laden to justice.
My sentiments exactly.

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:25 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Navy Seals just kicked ass!!!!!

It's all in the tiger blood

Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Navy_Seals_R2-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-front
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:00 am

I'm not dancing in the streets or lighting off fireworks, but I'm glad to see him go. Now let's work on those gas prices.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:32 am

Eyesore, smindas, stender & likeminded people here: kudos! Glad to have some voices of reason here.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:35 am

Stender wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Stender wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Stender wrote:
In all seriousness, Im a little disturbed by how much saber rattling is going on right now about his supposed death. Even though I was 11 or 12 or whatever at the time, its the same kind of disturbing I remember when Bush made his "your either with us or with the terrorists" address after 9/11 and the cheers that brought forth ushering in the biggest privacy infringement in this countries history.

I couldn't disagree more, and your talking to a political moderate. Osama Bin Laden was a mass murderer, who was the Hitler of our times. He got what was coming to him. These type of cowards can't run and hide forever. The only thing that is distressing about this is, it's CLEAR that many in Pakistan had to know that Bin Laden was seeking refuge there. When one is allowed to cave dwell in a country, that is one thing, but when one is able to seek refuge in a huge compound not too far outside of Islamabad, then that is disturbing to say the least. I now understand why the U.S has always had a tighter political ally in that of India rather than that of Pakistan.
Anyone celebrating his death should be ashamed.

Seriously??? Wow...

co'mon dude, you can recognize someone was a sh!thead without revelling in their death. Your just wasting energy that could be used to create the change you want to see in the world.

So, you don't see the difference between Bin Laden and the other 99% of the people that roam this world? Do you think the guy cared one iota about you and your well being, as well as any of your loved ones? The guy took total pleasure in not just killing those within our military, but INNOCENT civilians. Like I said, he was the Hitler of our times.

That dosnt matterrrrr...holy f*ck. His death literally has nothing to do with you or I...so why waste your time thinking about it either way? That is the only point im making. I really really think that neither you or I are in any position to determine someones worth based off their actions on this mudball. The only difference between you and bin laden is presumeably you havent killed anyone yet. Im going to choose to put my thoughts to a much more positive use than to dwell on how happy or not happy I am that some motherf*cker that I never knew personally died.

The heck it doesn't have anything to do with you or I, and it's hard to believe someone in this country could actually make that statement. Had this guy had the opportunity to use a dirty bomb or a nuclear device on this country before he left this earth, he would have. His intentions were horrible, and from what can be determined; he operated without a conscious. I certainly feel much better that he's not of this earth anymore. Al-Qaeda and many within its network are bred to hate people of the West, and most of the time for NO good reason whatsoever. In closing, I will be damned if I'm going to begrudge those in NYC or Washington D.C, who were even more directly affected by the tragic day that was 9/11. If they want to celebrate, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:36 am

It's about time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:38 am

Black Ops for the win.

No "72 Virgins" for him... he'll spend eternity being tea-bagged by a bunch of sweaty, unwashed fat guys.

Good ridn'z.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:39 am

Could give a rat's @$$ about Bin Laden being dead or not...they have plenty more lunatics to take his place regardless. All I have to say is this is funny.
Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:40 am

James B. wrote:

Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400

There's another one going around where Obama sez "Sorry it took me so long to get you my birth certificate, I was busy killing Osama Bin Laden" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:44 am

Smindas wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Osama Bin Laden was a mass murderer, who was the Hitler of our times.
Like hell he was. Talk about an ethnocentric viewpoint, there have been far more devastating in our life times actions in our life time than what Bin Laden did. One need only to look at something like the Rwandan genocide of 1994 to get some perspective. 9/11 was truly a terrible, horrific event but let's not get ahead of ourselves in its scale. Devastating and traumatic? Unfortunately, yes. Akin to Hitler's action? Not even close. It's depressing to say, but there are far more worthy contenders for that title.

Also, there's something twisted about celebrating someone's death. I realise by this point Bin Laden was more of an emblem of everything wrong with the world, but then his death should be something to move on from. Not to dwell on and venerate.

What, because Bin Laden's body count wasn't as high as what was going on in Rwanda? Give me a break...Not to make light of the terrible genocide that is going on in Rwanda, but Bin Laden's actions were global. The first NYC World Trade Center bombing, the bombings of both the Kenyan & Tanzanian embassies, the Cole bombing, and what took place on 9/11. You just mentioned there are contenders, and possibly, but if you posted their faces on T.V or stated their names, hardly anyone could tell you who they are. Hence, Bin Laden was the Hitler of our times. If you went up to someone in the street, and showed them a picture of Bin Laden, most people would know who he was.

Normally, it would be twisted to celebrate someone's death, but were not celebrating some guy who has been on death row for 20 years, and by all accounts repented for his actions, or became a productive person while being incarcerated. Were talking about a straight up "Monster" without a conscious, who hated anyone with western ideals.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:50 am

007 wrote:
I do find it strange to see people dancing and celebrating in the street over his death (appears the same as Middle Easterners celebrating over anything that happens to the U.S). Good to see that they got Bin Laden but this thing against terror is far from over.

And just how many innocents have died in the pursuit of Bin Laden ? Anyone have numbers ?

Yeah, but those of us in the United States don't take pleasure in the fact that we mistakenly killed innocents, hence, we don't go out in the middle of the street and jump up and down for joy when we accidentally hit a hospital. There are "Some" within the Middle East who think, any dead American is a good thing. They don't/can't rationalize the difference between a military target and that of inflicting harm on civilians.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:56 am

I would rather remember the victims of his crimes, then spend 5 seconds of my life thinking about a guy who murdered innocent people and hid behind the smoke screen of his religion, Bin Laden means nothing to me, just another in the long line of small men who think they can catch history by murder.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:06 am

manny wrote:
I would rather remember the victims of his crimes, then spend 5 seconds of my life thinking about a guy who murdered innocent people and hid behind the smoke screen of his religion, Bin Laden means nothing to me, just another in the long line of small men who think they can catch history by murder.

...and that is fine with me. There were more than a few people interviewed in NYC last night who either knew someone or were in the World Trade Center when it was hit. For many of these people, this is the first real sense of closure since that day. If they choose to be more taciturn in their responses or if they decide to exude any and every feeling out on the streets, I won't begrudge them in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:16 am

I won't begrudge them either, I am thankful no one I knew died in those attacks, and if this gives a sense of closure then this is just another good reason I am glad that a**hole is dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:18 am

Did Bin Laden deserve to be caught? yes. Did he deserve to be killed? not my judgement call to make.

Should American's really be celebrating in the streets? no, it's makes us look like the redneck nation that the rest of the world believes we are already.

I think the news would have sat better with me if it had said "Bin Laden captured, will be prosecuted for his crimes".

Just to put this into perspective a little bit...Hitler killed MILLIONS of people...there is NO comparison.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:34 am

detuned wrote:
Did Bin Laden deserve to be caught? yes. Did he deserve to be killed? not my judgement call to make.

Should American's really be celebrating in the streets? no, it's makes us look like the redneck nation that the rest of the world believes we are already.

I think the news would have sat better with me if it had said "Bin Laden captured, will be prosecuted for his crimes".

Just to put this into perspective a little bit...Hitler killed MILLIONS of people...there is NO comparison.

I'm talking beyond the scope of just numbers. There's no way a Hitler would be able to operate in today's world. I'm drawing the analogy less on numbers being killed, and more on Bin Laden's intent and the fact that the guy was without a doubt a sociopath (from a worldly perspective). Bin Laden hated Christians, Jews and anyone from the West, like Hitler, who hated anyone who was not of the Aryan race. Like I said before, had Bin Laden been given the chance to drop a nuclear device on this country, he would have done so in a second.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:42 am

What more shocking/saddening to me is that 'The Fast and the Furious 5', (or 'Fast Five' for you kids out there) made an estimated $83.6 million this weekend.

This is America's shame.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What more shocking/saddening to me is that 'The Fast and the Furious 5', (or 'Fast Five' for you kids out there) made an estimated $83.6 million this weekend.

This is America's shame.

It's honestly hard to believe that this series can still, when it's all said and done, draw in another king's ransom of more than 100 million dollars. Honestly, I don't know anyone that supports this franchise, which makes me feel good. I understand that this movie in some ways is a gearhead's wet dream, but then you have to remember that movies also have to have solid directors, and a script above that of a grade school mentality. I saw the first one, and I shook my head, because I didn't understand it's relevance among movie goers. And yet, here we are at number five. Good on Vin Diesel though, as he knows how/when to make a quick cash grab.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:03 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

This is America's shame.

It's honestly hard to believe that this series can still, when it's all said and done, draw in another king's ransom of more than 100 million dollars. Honestly, I don't know anyone that supports this franchise, which makes me feel good. I understand that this movie in some ways is a gearhead's wet dream, but then you have to remember that movies also have to have solid directors, and a script above that of a grade school mentality. I saw the first one, and I shook my head, because I didn't understand it's relevance among movie goers. And yet, here we are at number five. Good on Vin Diesel though, as he knows how/when to make a quick cash grab.

I have only seen the first one and when I saw it, I called it for what it is - Point Break in cars. The plot line, etc was stolen from point break and changed to cars. Heck, if you close you eyes and listen to paul walker talk, he sounds like Keanu Reeves.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:07 pm

detuned wrote:

I was thinking that when watching last night. I really don't feel the need to celebrate anything. But, I also thought about anytime something bad happened to the U.S., how many times did we see videos of our flag being burned and AK-47's being shot in the air in celebration? So, I say screw it, let them celebrate. The rest of the world is going to hate us anyway.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bin Laden killed...   Bin Laden killed... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bin Laden killed...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next