Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Go down 
+6
Wargod
Addy
Eyesore
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:05 pm

I should hit one of the participating ones near me see if i can find it, would love to get the vinyl if anything for my foos collection minus the new album i got all their studio albums and dvds released and a few unofficial releases too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Addy wrote:
For Record Store Day they released a vinyl of covers called Medium Rare, most of these covers I have already theres a few i dont have but, if you suscribe to Q magazine you can get the CD version of this

just checked that out but I can't see spending $50 for magazines I wouldn't want just to get that cd although I'm tempted.

I'm with you. No way I'm subscribing to the magazine, but it's nice to know that a cd version is being put out there. Maybe I'll get lucky on ebay!! Laughing

It wouldn't surprise me if this got an official release at some point though. As expected, the vinyl copies are going for stupid amounts on ebay. Kinda makes me mad when I see all the listings. Didn't anyone buy this album to keep it for themselves? They should change the name from Record Store Day to Get An Exclusive Release To Flip On Ebay Day. Geez!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Yeah Id love to get it even on vinyl even though I have most of the covers as I collect Foos

Anyways I did get Wasting Light on CD Yesterday got the deluxe with a bonus dvd
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Was this new album Wasting Light originally going to be titled "Back & Forth"?

I haven't watched it yet, but I noticed on my tivo, when I recorded the documentary, the little title description said something about "...and the making of the album Back & Forth".

Anyone know? Just wondering as I just heard the song 'Back & Forth' and it reminded me of that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Back and Forth is the name of the Foo Fighter's documentry as for the original name of the album I am not sure
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Finally had a chance to sit down and watch the doc 'Back & Forth'. Really good behind-the-music-type show. I wasn't a fan of the first coupla albums, so I didn't know much about the bands early history. I didn't realize the bass player has been with the band that long.

Good stuff. Highly recommended if you're a fan.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 1:19 pm

I have it on DVR when it came on with no commercials i watch it often, its coming out on DVD next month
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 1:29 pm

I'll be picking this one up tonight!! Can't wait to spin the whole thing...was listening to Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace last night and was really jonesing for the new one...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Quote :
I wasn't a fan of the first coupla albums

Wow I think the first 2 albums are their best

Ive been cranking Wasting Light in my car the last few days I dont think its heavy as Echos Silence Patience and Grace
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 1:38 pm

I don't care if it's heavy or not as long as the songs are good...I like everything from "Big Me" to "Break Down"...quiet to heavy...all Foo is good Foo...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 1:41 pm

I've been spinning Wasting Light quite regularily since I picked it up. It's very good. I'm still not sure that it's their "heaviest" record ever as some reviewers are claiming. I think they're saying that because there aren't any acoustic guitars or piano on the new album. Everything is plugged in and loud. But just because it's loud doesn't always mean "heavy".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 2:47 pm

I picked this up recently and I think it's a great album!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:36 am

I snagged it last night...5 songs in and FF prove they are a supremely consistent Rock band...good tunes, good energy...easily, IMO, the best American Rock band of the last 15 years...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Pretty cool...

Quote :
Despite his success and constant ear-to-ear smile, Grohl was feeling badly for Dream Theater. “We got it!” Grohl said about winning the Best Hard Rock / Metal Performance Grammy. “I feel so bad for the Dream Theater guy, because they actually had a metal performance, we didn’t, but it’s awesome. That’s kind of the coolest song we’ve ever written,” he said of the edgy ‘White Limo.’

http://loudwire.com/dave-grohl-foo-fighters-hard-rock-metal-grammy-win-feel-bad-for-dream-theater/

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:19 am

Got it when it came out, great album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 am

Years ago, I woulda thought Dave was just being sarcastic and trying to take the piss outta Dream Theater with a comment like that, but I believe he's being somewhat genuine here. The guy has proven that he's so much more than "just the drummer from Nirvana".

I pulled out Wasting Light this week and yea, it's still killer.

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 am

I have the highest respect for Grohl, he's a class act.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Years ago, I woulda thought Dave was just being sarcastic and trying to take the piss outta Dream Theater with a comment like that, but I believe he's being somewhat genuine here. The guy has proven that he's so much more than "just the drummer from Nirvana".

At this point, he's transcended the whole Nirvana and Kurt Cobain thing.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:37 pm

I always liked him. He's a great drummer. He's a little cocky but seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That's what I mean. He's well past all that now.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Just heard the White Limo song. It's not bad... (musically)

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Definitly he's his own man and own rep now.

I am not a big fan of the song White Limo love the musicmanship in it just not the whole screaming thing he does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light   Foo Fighters - Wasting Light - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2