Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dirt movie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

The Dirt movie Empty
PostSubject: The Dirt movie   The Dirt movie Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:35 am

Does anyone know what's happening with The Dirt movie about Motley Crue is it still in production or they've abandoned it?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

The Dirt movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dirt movie   The Dirt movie Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:04 am

It never even began production. It's been sitting on the back burner at some studio for a couple of years and at this rate it will probably never happen. So don't hold your breath.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Dirt movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dirt movie   The Dirt movie Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am

Sadly, it will probably take the death of Mick Mars to jump start this project again. It will give them a reason to move forward. Otherwise it will sit in development hell for years until either noone cares or it gets done cheap, direct to dvd and the band will totally dis-own it.

If asked, Nikki will blame the "suits" in Hollywood that are holding it back. "They can't deal with our reality, dude. We're too intense for PG-13".

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Dirt movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dirt movie   The Dirt movie Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 pm

What a co-inky-dink!?! Here's some news on 'The Dirt' movie...well no real "news". But it's something.

From Blabbermouth:

Quote :
New York Times pop music writer Neil Strauss, who, along with the members of MÖTLEY CRÜE wrote a weighty collective biography of the band called "The Dirt - Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band" in 2002, was asked in a brand new interview with MTV.com what the latest is on the film adaptation of "The Dirt". "I know they're looking at a few different directors for it," he replied. "I gotta say, the screenplay is amazing. I really hope they make it. I think it will be great. I think they're just scared because it's obviously going to be a hard R-[rated] movie. I think they're worried they won't make enough money off it." When asked if he had any thoughts or preferences on whom they might cast, Strauss replied, "No, but I got a text from the screenwriter, Rich Wilkes, and he told me who he'd love to see in the film. Here's who he sees: Brad Pitt as David Lee Roth, Jared Leto as Vince Neil, Jack Black or Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Ozzy Osbourne, Robert Patrick or Justin Timberlake as their first manager (a guy called Alan Kaufman), Sam Rockwell as Mick Mars, Ashton Kutcher or Russell Brand as Tommy Lee. He's got it all thought out. That would be amazing."

Rob Zombie recently denied the widely reported story that he was going to direct "The Dirt". Zombie told Australian web site Undercover, "No, I'm not doing the MÖTLEY CRÜE movie. I don't know where that rumor came from."

"That rumor" appeared to originate in a Billboard interview with CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee, in which it was reported that Zombie would direct the on-again, off-again movie. Zombie has been attached to several projects over the last few years, including a remake of "The Blob", but his name has never come up in connection with "The Dirt".

It was reported in 2008 that MÖTLEY CRÜE was trying to extricate itself from a deal with MTV Films, a division of Paramount Pictures, to make the "The Dirt" movie.

A deal was first announced for the film version in 2006 but has since gone nowhere. Bassist Nikki Sixx told Reuters that MTV was "a channel that used to be hip and has now actually become unhip...They are not the right partner."

The Dirt movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dirt movie   The Dirt movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dirt movie
Page 1 of 1