Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crues the dirt

Go down 
+28
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Eyesore
7thSecond
James B.
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Shawn Of Fire
glassprison
Witchfinder
Glower
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Troublezone
Hadley
Thrasher73
Dark Horseman
Addy
Boris2008
the sentinel
nevermore
metalinmyveins
manny
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
fingers
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Motley Crues the dirt Empty
PostSubject: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 9:39 pm

just wandering if any of u know whats happening with the movie is it in production has it been canceled? or has it been released in the cinemas yet? any latest updates would great because I looked everywhere and the news about it is about 2 years out of date
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:00 pm

When Nikki Sixx was out pimping his book "The Heroin Diaries", I vaugley remember him mentioning in an interview that it's on the back-burner for now, but still a work in progress, blah, blah, blah.

My prediction is that it will sit in "production limbo" for a few years, then forgotten about.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 am

Yea, I'm digging up an old thread. Deal with it.

Anyway, if anyone saw the Crue on Larry King last week, Nikki basically said that MTV Films, who was supposed to be doing this movie, has pretty much let this project fall through the cracks as they (MTV) are too busy coming up with more bad programming for the channel. He sounded pretty bitter about it.

It should be coming to a theater near you around the same time Chinese Democracy comes out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:44 am

They will make it when Mick Mars dies, I bet.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Direct to video/Spike TV World Premiere now...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:47 pm

They would never be able to accurately portray the mayhem described in that book anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:13 pm

spectrefate wrote:
They will make it when Mick Mars dies, I bet.

That's probably the only chance it has.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:39 pm

Quote :
They would never be able to accurately portray the mayhem described in that book anyway.

Not without an X-rating...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:05 pm

I really don't think they need a movie, let alone a book.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:15 pm

I thought this was interesting. Larry Charles (director of Borat, among other things, a big-wig in Hollywood, look him up) was scheduled to produce/direct The Dirt movie. Instead, he said this:

“…Motley Crüe is a crappy band but [author and maverick Neil Strauss] wrote a really epic book about them. It’s really fascinating. What’s good about it is how hardcore it is. They’ve killed people, they’ve hurt people, they’ve crippled people, they’ve done all kinds of crazy things. You’d have to show that for real and I think there was a little bit of reticence [on the part of the studio] about doing that ultimately. But for me, I would do it if it could be done the proper way. If it’s going to be sanitized then they don’t need me to do it. They could find somebody else to do that.”

In other words, it will either never be made like is should or it will be a watered-down, lame movie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:20 pm

I bet the rights to this movie will pass through the Hollywood food chain and will finally end up at VH1, which will turn it into a godawful cheap made-for-TV flick on par with their hilariously bad "Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story" movie from a few years back.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:34 pm

I will be surprised if this movie ever gets made, the band despite all of its success and how long they managed to hold on to their success, they seem to gather no critical respect from either the mainstream press and the metal press. If I were Nikki Sixx I would count it as a blessing that MTV did not make the film, already the director thinks the music is terrible and would probably treat it like a sequel to Spinal Tap than a serious film.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:20 pm

The only thing I remember hearing about the possibility of making a movie is that Tommy Lee wants Johnny Depp to play him. That's about all I've heard.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:55 am

I also heard a rumour that val kilmer was gonna play david lee roth anyway thanx 4 all ur feedback fellas
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:55 pm

The book will be better than the flick will end up.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:25 am

Here's the lastest update:

08-Oct-08Director Larry Charles Dishes On "The Dirt" Movie

Submitted by: DSR

The Pulse of Radio reports that film director Larry Charles has spoken out about his involvement in the biographical Motley Crue film "The Dirt," which was originally set to be produced through MTV Films/Paramount Studios but is no longer on the company's slate. Charles, who directed many episodes of "Seinfeld" as well as the movies "Borat" and the new Bill Maher documentary "Religulous", said, "The Motley Crue thing I was really into and I did a lot of work on it...but it was at MTV Films which then got swallowed by Paramount Vantage which then got swallowed by Paramount. All those people were gone that developed it and it got put to the side, so I don't know what's going to happen to it."

Charles added that he thought the film "had to be an NC-17 (no one under 17 admitted) movie, and I thought, 'Well that would be ballsy to do. When was the last time they had a mainstream NC-17 movie?' That'd be a good idea."

Interestingly, Charles is not a fan of the Crue, saying that the memoir the film was supposed to be based on was "so much better than they deserve, the book, because Motley Crue is a crappy band but (author Neil Strauss) wrote a really epic book about them. It's really fascinating."

The director also said that the "hardcore" nature of the band's history might have affected its chances as a movie, explaining, "They've killed people, they've hurt people, they've crippled people, they've done all kinds of crazy things. You'd have to show that for real and I think there was a little bit of reticence about doing that ultimately."

A deal to bring the 2001 memoir to the screen was first announced in 2006 but has since gone nowhere. Crue bassist Nikki Sixx told Reuters that MTV was "not the right partner."

source: blabbermouth.net
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:44 pm

I think that a cable network like HBO or Showtime should make it and keep all of the nudity, drinking, swearing, and drug use in it and do it more of a documentary than straight ahead film adaptation of a book. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Bumping if anyone still cares...

Quote :
The Hollywood Reporter has reported earlier today that Mötley Crüe‘s biopic 'The Dirt' is in negotiations to land on Netflix.

Jeff Tremaine, the helmer of the Jackass movies, is attached to direct the pic, which has a script by Rich Wilkes and Tom Kapinos.

The project is based on the New York Times best-selling autobiography The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band, which was written by Mötley Crüe members Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, Mick Mars and Nikki Sixx, as well as author Neil Strauss.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 8:22 pm

The book just kind of made me hate Tommy Lee.

Pass
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Quote :
Jeff Tremaine, the helmer of the Jackass movies,

That seems quite appropriate...

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 pm

I will believe it when I actually see it, I doubt this movie will ever be made.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 4:15 pm

manny wrote:
I will believe it when I actually see it, I doubt this movie will ever be made.

Considering the original question in this thread was asked in 2008, I think that's a safe bet 9 years later. Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 2:28 pm

So if anyone still cares at this point, Vince Neil recently announced on social media (and Nikki Sixx backed him up), that the Crue is back in the studio to record 4 new tracks, presumably for the soundtrack of the movie adaptation of 'The Dirt' which has a production deal with Netflix.

Still no word if or when this movie will actually surface, but I guess if the guys are getting together to record music, it can't be too far off. Unless of course they're just hoping to get Mick in the studio once more before he finally turns to stone.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 3:50 pm

would be interested in seeing this if it comes out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 4:19 pm

So I guess depending on where you get your internet rumors from, some folks seem to think the new tracks are being recorded for the movie soundtrack, while others feel they're throwing together yet another "Greatest Hits" package and they'll just tack these new tunes on there so people will buy it.

There doesn't seem to be a clear answer as to why the Crue are back in the studio for now.

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crues the dirt
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next