Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:37 pm

S.D. wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Saw an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" last night, and Geddy Lee from Rush had a role, as himself, in the episode. Hilarisous!

Yeah, that was a funny one. I love those "Robin Sparkles" episodes.

Yeah, it has been a while since I laughed out loud in front of the TV. My wife just gave me that overbearing "you're-such-a-geek" looks! Laughing

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

I was surprised to hear Great White "Lady Red Light" in Parks And Recreation.

XYZ's "Maggie" was featured in that Dolph Lundgren film "I Come In Peace" AKA Dark Angel

Nitro's "Freight Train" along with a few other obscure songs was featured in the horror film Carnivore, which actually had a soundtrack release: http://www.amazon.com/Carnivore-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B000S567C2

Chameleon Killer:DTV horror film that features a song from Sepultura(forgot which one) and some other metal songs

Scorpions "Under The Same Sun" plays in the end credits for On Deadly Ground, and "Hit Between The Eyes" was played during the end credits of Freejack, and there was a music video featuring clips of the film intercut with the band playing the song live.

A direct to video action film called Point Doom featured Sebastian Bach in a cameo and there were also several hard rock bands played in a strip club(Motley Crue was one of them)

White Lion had a cameo in "The Money Pit" playing under a different name, Great White did the same in Maid To Order.

Lemmy was in the slasher film "Curse Of El Charro" Motorhead was also in that 80s comedy "Eat The Rich"

Kix's "Body Talk" was in an episode of Bones.

American Dad had Whitesnake "Slide It In" and Night Ranger "You Can Still Rock In America"

Zombie Nightmare had a great soundtrack, there was Virgin Steele, Girlschool and others.

Nightwish's "Wish I Had An Angel" was featured in the end credits for the film Alone In The Dark

Steve Plunkett wrote the theme to 7th Heaven and a bunch of other TV shows.

The sitcom Everybody Hates Chris used a ton of 80s songs like "The Final Countdown"

The movie Twister had the Van Halen song "Humans Being" it was the last one recorded with Hagar.

Dee Snider starred in and directed the movie "Strangeland"

Slash had a cameo appearance in The Underground Comedy Movie(directed by that Vince Sham Wow guy)

Kiss appeared on Family Guy a couple of times

Metal Church's "Ton Of Bricks" was in the Charlie Sheen film No Man's Land

Guns N Roses had a camero in The Dead Pool

Great White's Sean McNabb has been doing some acting in recent years, he was in Sons Of Anarchy.

Rob Zombie's "Dragula" was in an episode of Alias

GWAR appeared once on Jerry Springer.

Poison appeared in an episode of the sitcom "Yes Dear"

The Andy Samberg film Hot Rod has quite a few Europe songs on the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Bayleyoptima

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm

On an episode of the old Nickelodeon show You Cant Do That on Television, they played "Rock Brigade" by Def Leppard. Also, in the classical music episode they played several songs from Heart.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 am

Saw a TV commercial last night for an indie film called "The Place Beyond The Pines" in which Ryan Gosling is wearing a vintage Ride the Lightning t-shirt (the one with the skeletal guy in the electric chair on the back)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 2:29 am

Mark Slaughter did some voice-work for the Nickelodeon series Rocket Power(which was scored by Mark Mothersbaugh)
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:17 am

Here's a compilation of Van Halen references from movies/tv shows:

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Apparently Stryper is a part of the "Pain & Gain" movie.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Cardinals PA guy just played Sweet's "Fox On The Run" as exit music for the Brewer's starting pitcher as Milwaukee went to the bullpen.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:47 am

KISS appeared in an episode of Fairly Oddparents, Gene Simmons also wrote and produced the Nickelodeon animated series "My Dad The Rockstar"(based on one of his books)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm watching MLB on TBS and they keep showing a commercial for Captain Morgan Rum featuring "Prisoner's Song" by Dropkick Murphys. Never thought I'd see DKM in a commercial...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Anyone remember that commercial for Crystal Pepsi which used Van Halen's "Right Now"?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Anyone remember that commercial for Crystal Pepsi which used Van Halen's "Right Now"?

YES.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:14 am

Vexer6 wrote:

Crystal Pepsi was such a disaster that VH were the only ones who made money off of it. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:40 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'm watching MLB on TBS and they keep showing a commercial for Captain Morgan Rum featuring "Prisoner's Song" by Dropkick Murphys. Never thought I'd see DKM in a commercial...

Sounds like their marketing guys took a cue from the Sailor Jerry Rum/Misfits commercial a few months back...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Crystal Pepsi was such a disaster that VH were the only ones who made money off of it. Very Happy

Yeah, that stuff sucked!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Some of us remember how popular "New Coke" was in the 80s. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Yeah, that stuff sucked!!!!

I was working for Kmart when Crystal Pepsi first came out ... it had a HUGE promotional push behind it, we had gigantic displays of it in the store, etc., but it simply never caught on.

Part of my job every day was to re-stock the two soda machines at the front of the store every morning before we opened - so I had to go into the back stockroom, load up a cart with a couple of cases of each soda, and bring'em up front to fill the machines. After a while the supplies of all the other sodas in the stockroom dwindled away but we still had pallets of Crystal Pepsi rotting away back there. I don't think I ever had to refill the Crystal Pepsi slot in either machine. NOBODY was buying it!!
Laughing very hard

Eventually I got curious about why this stuff wasn't moving, so I tried one...and then I understood. It was nasty. If memory serves, it was very syrupy and sickeningly sweet...

After a while, a Pepsi rep came to the store with a truck, took all the unsold Crystal Pepsi stock off the shelves and out of the back, and it was never spoken of again. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Awesome story!!!!!! I remember people trying it once, hating it and giving up on it! Horrible stuff!!!!

The idea was almost as bad as New Coke (I remember New Coke SD!) I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I am convinced that New Coke was never meant to be a long term option for the Coca-Cola company - it was released so they could sell Coca Cola CLASSIC, but made with HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) instead of real sugar. The New Coke was the diversion to make people forget what Coke made with sugar tastes like. Then, "Woops, we screwed up, here's the original coke" and left out the "we're making it with HFCS now and it doesn't taste as good" part.....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Awesome story!!!!!! I remember people trying it once, hating it and giving up on it! Horrible stuff!!!!

The idea was almost as bad as New Coke (I remember New Coke SD!) I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I am convinced that New Coke was never meant to be a long term option for the Coca-Cola company - it was released so they could sell Coca Cola CLASSIC, but made with HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) instead of real sugar. The New Coke was the diversion to make people forget what Coke made with sugar tastes like. Then, "Woops, we screwed up, here's the original coke" and left out the "we're making it with HFCS now and it doesn't taste as good" part.....

I saw a show on Discovery Channel (I think) a while ago about Famous Product Failures, which devoted quite a bit of time to the New Coke debacle. They asked a Coke executive who'd been there if that had been the idea -- i.e. to get people so worked up about losing "old" Coke that it would cause an immediate jump in sales as soon as it was brought back -- and the guy actually laughed and said something like "I wish I could say that was the plan, but we're not that smart."

...and yeah, I remember New Coke too, all the whoop de doo about it seemed kinda silly to me. People were marching in the streets, sending letters of protest, etc. I was only fourteen or fifteen at the time but I remember thinking something along the lines of "I wish these people would put this much passion and effort into something that was actually IMPORTANT." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:24 pm

As far as failed beverages go, did anyone ever try this?

I was way too young to drink when it was around, but I've heard about it for years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 am

I don't remember Miller Clear, but if it was anything like Zima, it was bad. Sorta like Sprite with alcohol if I recall.

Actually, it wasn't the taste so much, but just standing around in a bar with a Zima in my hand, I could feel my penis inverting itself and a vagina starting to form.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:59 am

Quote :
Actually, it wasn't the taste so much, but just standing around in a bar with a Zima in my hand, I could feel my penis inverting itself and a vagina starting to form.

Laughing very hard Zima was for ze wimmen folk.

That stuff came out when I was in college, I was at a bar once and they were having some kinda Zima promotional event, $1 a bottle or some damn thing, so I tried one. Took one sip, said "this stuff Zucks," handed the rest to my friend, and went back to drinking beer. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard Zima was for ze wimmen folk.

That stuff came out when I was in college, I was at a bar once and they were having some kinda Zima promotional event, $1 a bottle or some damn thing, so I tried one. Took one sip, said "this stuff Zucks," handed the rest to my friend, and went back to drinking beer. Very Happy
I don't drink alcohol period, it all tastes the same to me.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Tommy Shaw was on sn episode of Cupcake War that just aired here.

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 14 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next