Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:22 pm

For some reason, our local news this morning kept playing Twisted Sister's version of O Come All Ye Faithful when going to commercial break. The weather guy even plugged the Twisted Christmas album.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
adrian wrote:
Has anyone mentioned that South Park episode where everyone is getting high off of cat spray and their hallucinations are a parody of Heavy Metal complete with the Sammy Hagar song? Laughing

You mean "Cheesing"

That episode was called "Major Boobage" and it is a classic

As far as Southpark goes, what about Cartman wanting to drive off all the hippies at Burning Man by playing Slayer?
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:52 pm

How about when little Nicky ran the Chicago album backwards in the movie. I did not see that coming. Laughing very hard

Cadillac used Led Zeppelin for a commercial

I seen the movie megamind and they played AC/DC

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:49 am

I caught a commercial over the weekend where a family in a minivan (or maybe suv) start singing 'Crazy Train' accapella. The boys start in with 'Bump bump. Bump-bump, bump-bump, bump-bump. Then the sister come in with the 'eye-eye-eye' and so on. I'm not even sure what the ad was for. Probably a minivan or suv.

Anyone else see that?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:53 am

Here it is...The Honda Pilot.

Do you hear that high-pitch whirring sound towards the end? That's Randy spinning in his grave.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:09 am

Yeah, I like that commercial. I like the kid who shakes the ice in his cup to make that "rattlesnake" noise.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:31 pm

I seen a wal-mart commercial using back in black.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:30 pm

How about this PSA?

Bruce Dickinson and the guy who played Garfield, together at last!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Haha, never seen that before!!

Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:11 pm

I was watching some really bad Marlon Wayans film called Senseless on Hulu, and i saw a poster of Ulver. Unusual band to be promoted in that type of film (then again, the character who owned the apartment also had a Misfits shirt on so he may have been a metal fan).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:52 pm

My wife is watching a special called "Betty White's Off Their Rockers," which is a hidden-camera prank show where seniors pull jokes on young'uns... and Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" is the show's theme song!

... I always suspected Betty White was a headbanger. headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 am

Ted Nugent was on last week's episode of 'The Simpsons'. He was running for president or something. I wasn't really paying attention. I'm not sure why I even watch that show anymore.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ted Nugent was on last week's episode of 'The Simpsons'. He was running for president or something. I wasn't really paying attention. I'm not sure why I even watch that show anymore.

There was a nice bit in that show where Ted walked into the Simpsons' kitchen, tossed a dead elk on their table, and said "Dinner!"

...when Marge pointed out that Lisa was a vegetarian, Ted sez "Well, then she can nibble on an antler... antlers ain't meat." Very Happy

...but yeah, overall that episode was kinda lame....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:30 am

Hadley wrote:
I was watching some really bad Marlon Wayans film called Senseless on Hulu, and i saw a poster of Ulver. Unusual band to be promoted in that type of film (then again, the character who owned the apartment also had a Misfits shirt on so he may have been a metal fan).

I remember there was also a poster of Ulver on The Sopranos. Not sure if it was the same one, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:07 am

heard "stranglehold" on a commercial the other day, don't recall for what. The use of "crazy train" in that mini-van comercial is kinda/sorta clever.

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:39 am

Red Lobster is using a re-recorded version of "No One Knows" by Queens Of The Stone Age in their new commercials.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 am

I got the most recent season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Chickenfoot was mentioned, listened to, and actually in an episode.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Nuclear Assault's "Something Wicked" is played during the end credits of the movie Warlock 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Nuclear Assault's "Something Wicked" is played during the end credits of the movie Warlock 2.

I asked about that track in the "Rock Trivia Thread" months ago and nobody got it. Where were you? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

I asked about that track in the "Rock Trivia Thread" months ago and nobody got it. Where were you? Very Happy
You did? Sorry about that dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:24 am

Motley Crue is featured in an upcoming Super Bowl ad for Kia...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lHZbXvts0LE[/youtube

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Motley Crue is featured in an upcoming Super Bowl ad for Kia...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lHZbXvts0LE[/youtube

Hmmm... what's worse in a Kia commercial - Motley Crue or those annoying rodents in gansta outfits?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 am

I kinda laughed at the collaboration. Motley Crue and Kia? They couldn't get Ford Mustangs or Dodge Chargers? Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:39 am

Saw this too...

Quote :
"She Sells Sanctuary", the international hit from British rock band THE CULT, and Sunshine State rapper Flo Rida's Top 10 smash "Good Feelin'" will be featured this Sunday as a mashup in one of Budweiser's Super Bowl commercials.

The one-minute spot is a celebratory romp through several decades of great times in America that begins with the end of Prohibition in 1933.

Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Here's an obscure one. In seattle there was a sketch comedy show called Almost Live (reruns of it were aired on Comedy Central in the mid-90s). Anyway, they had a segment called "The Lame List" which had members of various seattle metal bands (including Kim Thayil!) putting down various "lame" items. Heres a sample:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 8 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next