Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sodom - In War And Pieces

Go down 
+8
exact33
ultmetal
krokus
DeathMasqueRed
nevermore
bassman
Joe
FlyingV
12 posters
AuthorMessage
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

Sodom - In War And Pieces Empty
PostSubject: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Anyone here pick this up yet? I got the 2-CD version that has their set from Wacken 2007 as a bonus disc. Only listened to it a couple of times but I am really liking it. The title track had me a bit worried when I first heard it on Liquid Metal but with about 1:07 to go in the song they kick into thrash overdrive!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Yeah, it's good stuff. The one song that I had to get used to was "God Bless You." I have to admit, it was funny to hear Angelripper saying that over and over. Not even christian metal bands say it that much, if even at all. I also hear a little new Kreator vibe in that song.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Joe, you are right on bro! I picked up on the Kreator vibe as well.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:13 pm

I just got it a week or so ago and have listened through several times. I like it a lot, what I pick up on is a little bit of a death metal influence in the riff structure and some of the vocals are fairly harsh for a pure thrash album. Good stuff! headbanger
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Definitely! I am listening to it again right now and hear what you are saying. The cool thing was that I paid $14 for this 2-CD version too. Not too bad these days I guess. More metal for dollar.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:23 pm

I haven't even popped in that 2nd disc because it's the same show as their newest DVD. If you guys haven't got that, do so!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 pm

I bought the 2 disc version. I've spun it a couple of times. It is good stuff!! I haven't played the live disc yet.
Back to top Go down
DeathMasqueRed
Metal novice
Metal novice
DeathMasqueRed

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Best album of the year so far! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:05 am

I already open a post of this album some time ago but talking about this record is always a good thing because i think its great too. Also the live cd is cool.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Finally snagged this CD this weekend. The saw is still the law!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:16 am

I need to get this still.. sooooo many cds..

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 am

This is another solid thrash metal release from Sodom. They've been very consistent for quite a while IMO. However, I think I like this one better than the last one. Seems to have a bit more variety in the songwriting. I like the live disc as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:10 am

yeah its a grand release. Got this awhile ago!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:23 pm

my thrash sensibilities are starting to come back a little... i need to get this one..

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:24 pm

It's well worth it to get the two disc version. The live performance is excellent!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:40 am

Very good thrash platter.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:45 am

Finally heard some Sodom and I must admit pretty darn good thrash.... yeah yeah I've never heard 'em before, all the hype back 'in the day' left me thinking I wouldn't care them but the few you tube tracks I've heard are crankin....

Sodom - In War And Pieces 506406
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Gonna have to get this one off of eBay. Nobody carries it in town here, and to order it in (import only)...they wanna charge $40 for the 2-CD version!!

PostSubject: Re: Sodom - In War And Pieces   Sodom - In War And Pieces Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sodom - In War And Pieces
Page 1 of 1