Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD Empty
PostSubject: Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD   Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:35 am

Styx has released Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight on DVD/CD. It is really good. I didn't know what to think about Dennis being gone for these albums being done in their entirety. (I have seen Styx 3-4 times since he was replaced). Gowan does a nice job filling in. Sounds nothing like Dennis but is capable of pulling it off. Tommy sounds the same, his voice has not aged at all. JY's voice never was the best and age hasn't helped him at all when trying to hit the high notes "LOOK AT MEEEEEE" in Great White Hope sounds like a struggle for him. Nice visual effects and intros to each "side" of the albums. Found it for only 10 bucks at WalMart. I have the DVD version. I think there is also a DVD/CD combo but I just ripped the audio from the DVD and made my own since i could not find the combo in any store.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD   Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:45 am

Now that dennis is gone, he is still doing his own thing and sounds pretty darn good. here's one that Styx hasn't played in 35 years:

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD   Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:10 pm

The Equinox album has a great atmosphere and sound to it that Styx never topped! And was the last JC album, as well.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD   Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 pm

I would buy this DVD for $10, I'll have to check Wal-Mart!

I am also a big Gowan fan from his solo days!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD   Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Styx - Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight Live DVD
Page 1 of 1