Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?

Go down 
+12
tohostudios
kmorg
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
nevermore
Smindas
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
mc666
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal Misfit
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Empty
PostSubject: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:47 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=93414

Quote :
VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Responding to our drummer's [Matt Sorum] rant about why the band is in a state of flux:

"Well, first of all, the state of my family affairs is really none of his business, since he is too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children. So don't attempt to stand in a man's shoes when you haven't walked his path. Secondly, 'keeping rock 'n' roll alive?' I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the likes of you. Funny though — this is your FIRST band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system. I have only cancelled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve... Volley! You cancelled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why… we'll just let Blabbermouth find out for themselves.

"As for our fans — I will sweat, bruise, and bleed for you. And will continue to do so until the end of this tour. However, you deserve to hear VELVET REVOLVER playing… not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid — could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place. It's a shame… we were a gang. But ego and jealousy can get the better of anyone. I wish the best and plan to annihilate the stage in the last few shows.

"On a separate note, we did an STP [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS] photo shoot before this tour and it was fun, inspiring and it gave me that thrill — that feeling that got my rocks off from the get-go."

According to several fan accounts and online media reports, Scott Weiland stunned fans at last night's (Thursday, March 20) VR concert in Glasgow, Scotland, UK by dropping a huge hint the band's time may be up.

He told the sell-out crowd: "You're watching something special... the last tour by VELVET REVOLVER."

In an online posting from earlier today, Matt Sorum stated about the Glasgow concert, "So last night was interesting. Had a little band turmoil on stage, as you probably all could tell.

"Being in a band is a lot like being in a relationship. Sometimes you just don't get along. I guess there has been more turmoil lately, I guess, with the cancellations and all. It has been frustrating, I am not going to lie.

"My career and life in rock 'n' roll has come with its ups and downs. Unfortunately, some people in this business don't realize how great of a life they have. Touring the world, meeting great people and fans all over the world. And just playing music for a living. I feel truly blessed. But sometimes the road can be draining for some. Being away from home and family does grind on you sometimes. With all the travelling and different beds. Personally, I love this smurf poo and sometimes can’t believe I am so lucky to still be doing what I do for a living.

"Everybody could see who was unhappy last night, but all I can say is let's keep the rock alive, people!!!! In this life, you just pick up and keep moving. And don't ever let anybody stand in your way."

Weiland, who recently spent time in rehab at an undisclosed location, has struggled with substance abuse problems for more than a decade, although was reportedly clean for nearly four years until a few months ago. Questions about his condition flared in January when he missed a VELVET REVOLVER performance at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah, claiming transportation problems.

Weiland will reunite with his STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bandmates for the first time this spring/summer for a number of shows, including an appearance at the Rock on the Range festival, to be held May 17-18 at Columbus, Ohio's Columbus Crew Stadium.

Wow. That's pretty bad to be calling each other out publicly while you're still bandmates. Scott was especially out of line, IMO, with his comments. What is this? Metal Sludge?

Funny, I just read recently Slash was itching to get back into the studio to start work on their 3rd album. Probably won't be happening anytime soon if at all. I figured VR was done as soon as Scott said last year he wanted a STP reunion (and also because their latest hasn't come close to the success of their debut), I didn't think VR would implode though.

The sad thing is, if VR goes down the tubes, I doubt we'll see Duff, Matt, & Slash participate in a major rock band ever again.

Personally, while I think their 2nd album was way above their first one, Scott is too unreliable, obviously can't kick the drugs and is still in love with STP, plus the fact that he's making comments like this... it's just not worth it. This band deserves a break up because they're already on their way to having more in common with GNR than ever before.

Duff & Slash = angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:08 am

I'll sing for them. I can do Weiland's style easily. And I'm less fruity.

And I also thought Scott's stuff was out of line when I read this the other day. I don't think anything Matt said was bad, nor did it even point fingers at anyone.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 am

I really dont like them at all but thats just me
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:44 am

both should have handled it better, however Sorum started it. it's starting to look similar to the whole Anselmo/Dimebag media bickering. time to pack it in.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 10:55 am

Sounds to me that Matt was trying to do a little damage control after what Scott said on stage and now Scott is getting all bent out of shape over it. Eh, you'd think these guys had enough of this with Axl, but they'll never learn. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Bring on the GnR Reunion!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 10:58 am

I think that Axle and Slash are only good when they're together. They sound perfect that way but when they're apart I don't really turn on their music. I mean, I don't go saving up and shittin brick if a new velvet reveolver cd's out. no way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:00 am

Who is Velvet Revolver?? surprised
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:04 am

They never did much for me. I'd like to see these guys do a more sleeze oriented album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:06 am

spectrefate wrote:

They were a group of 18th century foppish dandies that roamed the countryside, spreading love & joy to young boys. You'd like 'em.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:06 am

Meh, let'em break up. I won't miss'em.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

They were a group of 18th century foppish dandies that roamed the countryside, spreading love & joy to young boys. You'd like 'em.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:14 am

Quote :
18th century foppish dandies that roamed the countryside

Like Adam and the Ants?

Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Adam_small
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:24 am

I really don't think Matt said anything out of line, though. As said before, it seemed like damage control, he was just trying to ease things after what Scott had said on stage. Scott comes across as a complete jackass most of the time, and this is no exception. Not a great singer either, VR would be better off without him.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:26 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
18th century foppish dandies that roamed the countryside

Like Adam and the Ants?

Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Adam_small

TOTALLY ripped off their look!! According the the Wikipedia entry that I'm about to edit, Adam and the Ants were huge history buffs, read about The Velvet Revolvers and adopted their look and took it to new heights in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:16 pm

I've believed it would only be a matter of time before this band fell apart.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:26 pm

they should get in a new singer. weilands so bland
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:35 pm

Weiland is the reason I don't like Velvet Revolver. I like the music, just can't get past his vocals.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'll sing for them. I can do Weiland's style easily. And I'm less fruity.

We all seriously doubt that..... and I'm not talking about the singing.... Cool

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:05 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:

But Weiland was half of their draw...a newcomer would not garner as much attention...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:26 pm

No surprise. Weiland is a moron. I too say, bring on the GnR reuion.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:30 pm

Can we have a GnR reunion without Axl, please? Put any caterwauling singer in there just not Axl.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:08 pm

I think a GN'R reunion with Seb Bach would be perfect, if a bit nonsensical. When I watched Axl and the Roses at Download '06, Seb outdid Rose completely on 'My Michelle'.

On that note, didn't Seb audition for VR? How could they turn him down for Weiland. Worst yet, they also turned down Rod Jackson from Slash's Snakepit. Bad moves.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:03 pm

I lost track of them after their first album. Nothing really wowed me about them
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
caniplaywithmadness? wrote:

But Weiland was half of their draw...a newcomer would not garner as much attention...

i'd say slash is really the draw. stone temple pilots are hardly on guns n roses level of popularity. i reckon a newcomer could do just as well. or they could get in a 'veteran'
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Meh. I never cared for them. I bought thier first one thinking "Wow! This'll sound like STP and GnR!" and it really didn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?   Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver... falling to pieces?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next