Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)

Go down 
+21
brokentulsa
Speedmetalfreak
Andy
arachnoplasma
nevermore
adrian
snooloui
kmorg
Red Kitty
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
krokus
Eyesore
Olafsto
Zdan
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Hope this makes its way onto Spotify since I'm broke at the moment.

I've just had a look and it seems that it already is headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:22 pm

snooloui wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Do you have premium service? I'm on the freebie and don't see it...
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:41 am

Can't wait to get this one!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:22 am

Tony Moore back behind the mic???

I'm getting this one of course!!!!!!

I can already say that this is the album of the year.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:56 am

I'm going to have to get this.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:00 pm

It's as good as you imagine it to be!

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
snooloui wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Do you have premium service? I'm on the freebie and don't see it...

I do have the unlimited service so it could be that. It might be that i'm in the UK though and they don't have the rights to upload in the US.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:29 am

I've heard this one and I think it's killer. Reminds me of a mix of Thundersteel / Privilege of Power and the DiMeo era, and there's even a song or two that reminds me a little of the Fire Down Under stuff. It's a good mix. Maybe a few songs are a little catchier and instantly likable than others, but as usual with Riot none are outright duds. I think fans will be pleased and I'll definitely be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Hugely influential band and hardly ever recognized. Fire Down Under was way ahead of its time, and Thundersteel pretty much set the standard for melodic speed/power metal going into the 90's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Picked up my copy today: had to hit FYE since the local record store didn't have it. Even then it was very hard to find at FYE.

But anyways, this album is amazing! Unless something else comes in and tops it, this is my number one album for 2011 I think!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:25 am

adrian wrote:
Picked up my copy today: had to hit FYE since the local record store didn't have it. Even then it was very hard to find at FYE.

But anyways, this album is amazing! Unless something else comes in and tops it, this is my number one album for 2011 I think!

I agree with that. Great album.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Really wanna hear this but I don't have the cash and it hasn't hit U.S. Spotify either. Sad
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:04 am

Yes, a great great album. I just got my copie from a Ebay seller, new and for a good price Metal Misfit. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:13 am

Wow! Such a great album! Worthy follow-up to Thundersteel & The Privilege of Power and one of my favorite albums of the year. Tony's vocals are still great & Mark is one of metal's best guitarists. This is like a trip back in time. If this was released immediately after Thundersteel, it wouldn't sound out of place at all. I like ALL Riot albums but this is probably their best since Thundersteel.
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:27 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Wow! Such a great album! Worthy follow-up to Thundersteel & The Privilege of Power and one of my favorite albums of the year. Tony's vocals are still great & Mark is one of metal's best guitarists. This is like a trip back in time. If this was released immediately after Thundersteel, it wouldn't sound out of place at all. I like ALL Riot albums but this is probably their best since Thundersteel.

A great trip back in time indeed. Feels like high school years again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:53 am

I still haven't been able to go more than a few days without listening since I bought this. I had the exact same addiction happen when I first got Thundersteel headbanger
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 7:03 pm

I love this band. My favorite album is The restless breed. I also really like fire down under. Looking forward to this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Riot was one of my favorite bands of the 1980's, I also enjoyed the Thundersteel band...so I was hoping this record would bring back good memories...but alas I think I'm too old for this stuff.

Moore's constant high pitched screaming just wears me out, I was only able to listen to 3 songs before I had to turn it off. Probably nothing wrong with the album...just me.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:48 pm

I have to pick this up. I was waiting to get some Amazon gift cards for christmas but the only thing that came close was a Best Buy gift card I got as a tip from work. I'm hoping they will have it online if at all.

Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:12 am

S.D. wrote:
Riot was one of my favorite bands of the 1980's, I also enjoyed the Thundersteel band...so I was hoping this record would bring back good memories...but alas I think I'm too old for this stuff.

Moore's constant high pitched screaming just wears me out, I was only able to listen to 3 songs before I had to turn it off. Probably nothing wrong with the album...just me.

Give it a couple of more spins. You will love it, especially songs like riot and still your man.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:46 am

I have to say I'm really not feeling this album at all!

After reading so much praise for it on this forum I picked it up just before Xmas and on first listen I did not like the singer at all. I can't put my finger on it but just didn't like the tone of his voice. As for the band well it just sounds like metal by numbers to me. It's not bad per say but theirs nothing original and overall the album sounds a bit boring. I listened to it 3 times off the bat as soon as I got it as I was desperately trying to hear what all the praise was about and ended up walking away scratching my head.

Don't know if it's because 2011 has had some Stella releases I'm comparing it too or if I've just listened to so much metal over the years that something has to really stand out. Funny thing is I'm usually quite easy to please with music which is why i like so many bands and iwn so much music. I can think of 20 bands of a similar nature to riot immediately that I would say are superior which makes this album, my last purchase of 2011, all the more disappointing.
Back to top Go down
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:45 am

Wayne wrote:
I can think of 20 bands of a similar nature to riot immediately that I would say are superior

Really?????????????????? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:41 am

dark avenger wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I can think of 20 bands of a similar nature to riot immediately that I would say are superior

+1
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:41 am

dark avenger wrote:
Wayne wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:51 am

Speedmetalfreak wrote:
dark avenger wrote:
Wayne wrote:

+1
+2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)   Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riot - Immortal Soul (New album 2011)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next