Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?

Go down 
+3
thejokeriv
Troublezone
325ad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Empty
PostSubject: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:57 am

The new Collective Soul came out on tuesday anyone got it? Curious anyone got it? Is it any good?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:25 am

Not impressed from what i've heard. I like their first two records though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:19 am

I haven't head anything by them since the first two albums - and I love the second one!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:32 am

I have the first four albums and liked them all, I am glad to see they are still around. I may buy their newest CD but not for sometime.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:59 am

I like Collective Soul. I saw them on the tour supporting their debut album and I was stunned at how heavy they were live; much, much heavier than their studio music.

This band has sort of gotten too poppy on the last couple but I'll pick this up when zshops have it at a decent used price.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 am

First 3-4 albums were excellent (esp. the 3rd), but they kinda went too "slick pop" for me after that. Not that they weren't still good, but it just didn't do much for me. I heard their last album was relaly good, but haven't picked it up yet. I'll have to find their Myspace & listen to some samples. I still think they should have stuck w/ that more rootsy modern rock sound of the 1st 3 - I think it fit them best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:19 am

MetalFRO wrote:
First 3-4 albums were excellent (esp. the 3rd), but they kinda went too "slick pop" for me after that. Not that they weren't still good, but it just didn't do much for me. I heard their last album was relaly good, but haven't picked it up yet. I'll have to find their Myspace & listen to some samples. I still think they should have stuck w/ that more rootsy modern rock sound of the 1st 3 - I think it fit them best.

Like with the last Chevelle Fro, I was not overly impressived by the last album. I have not really enjoyed them since Dosage but the song they did for Stephanie Meyers for Twight was really good so I was hoping the new album would be more like this than Afterward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:04 pm

I think Collective Soul is a good, consistent Pop Rock band that has a unique sound...you hear a few seconds and you know it's CS.

My wife is a HUGE fan of this band...I'm sure I'll end up with the CD soon...she's buying tickets for thier Charlotte NC gig this weekend, I think...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Good description Shawn. I haven't listend to them since Dosage but i'll check this out.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:44 pm

Nice, Get Pictures if you can! I got Rabbit today and it the best album since Dosage for sure it even has hints of the hints albums! LOL
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:48 pm

I need to get it still.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:03 pm

Got it...as predicted. EXCELLENT record...patented Collective Soul energy and spirit...
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Got it...as predicted. EXCELLENT record...patented Collective Soul energy and spirit...

Sweet, did you go to the show Shawn?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:07 am

No, we got our weekends mixed up...they played last Friday 8/28 and we thought it was next Friday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?   Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collective Soul - The New ( Rabbit ) Album anyone got it?
Page 1 of 1