Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out

Go down 
+7
James B.
bassman
Fat Freddy
Alex Dee Rokket
Smindas
kmorg
Telmorn Altayon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out   Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That happened to me with Aerosmith and Guns n' Roses. I was on vacation in Wildwood, NJ with my family when Aerosmith came thru town on the Permanent Vacation tour with a young and hungry GnR as the opening act.

Ouch. Yeah, I got screwed outta seeing Aerosmith on that tour, too (no GnR opening though, I think we had Dokken) cuz I'd placed my trust in an unworthy person who swore he could get me a ticket. I handed over my $$, but never got a ticket. He concocted some B.S. story about Ticketmaster not putting aside the right # of tickets for him, but I later found out that he'd used my $$ to buy one for his girlfriend instead. I did get my $$ back from him but as soon as it was in my hand I bounced his head off a locker and never spoke to the A-hole again.

I saw Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation tour at the Spectrum. Still have the tour book. For some reason I don't think it was GnR that opened for them though. I can't remember for the life of me who it was.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out   Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:28 am

I made up for missing the P.V. tour by seeing them twice on the PUMP tour (which was the superior album anyway), so it's all good. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out   Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That happened to me with Aerosmith and Guns n' Roses. I was on vacation in Wildwood, NJ with my family when Aerosmith came thru town on the Permanent Vacation tour with a young and hungry GnR as the opening act.

Ouch. Yeah, I got screwed outta seeing Aerosmith on that tour, too (no GnR opening though, I think we had Dokken) cuz I'd placed my trust in an unworthy person who swore he could get me a ticket. I handed over my $$, but never got a ticket. He concocted some B.S. story about Ticketmaster not putting aside the right # of tickets for him, but I later found out that he'd used my $$ to buy one for his girlfriend instead. I did get my $$ back from him but as soon as it was in my hand I bounced his head off a locker and never spoke to the A-hole again.

I saw Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation tour at the Spectrum. Still have the tour book. For some reason I don't think it was GnR that opened for them though. I can't remember for the life of me who it was.

Here's the dates Aerosmith played the Spectrum in Philadelphia:

Quote :

AEROSMITH

OCT. 5, 1975

AUG. 13, 1976

OCT. 9‑10, 1977

DEC. 19, 1977 w/Styx

NOV. 25, 1978 w/Golden Earring

FEB. 14, 1983 w/Pat Travers

FEB. 28, 1983 w/Anvil

AUG. 8, 1984 w/Helix

MARCH 8, 1986 w/Ted Nugent

NOV. 10, 1987 w/Dokken

AUG. 4‑5, 1988 w/Guns 'N' Roses

JAN. 19, 1990 w/Skid Row

JAN. 21, l990 w/Skid Row

JULY 24, 1990 w/Black Crowes

SEPT. 17, l993 w/4 Non-Blondes

SEPT. 22, l993 w/4 Non-Blondes

AUG. 17, l994 w/Collective Soul

DEC. 10, l994 w/Jackyl

JAN. 15, l998 w/Kenny Wayne Shepperd

DEC. 19, l998 w/Candlebox

I saw them later with Skid Row, Black Crowes and Kenny Wayne Shepperd. Might have seen some others too, but I can't remember. I'd have to check my ticket stubs.

Ult, you can check out this site for a list of Spectrum concerts over the years. Some classic performances there for sure.

http://www.rememberthespectrum.com/300/Concerts.asp

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out   Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:19 am

Must have seen them with Dokken. I know I saw them with Pat Travers and then again with Ted Nugent.

I also saw Black Sabbath w/ Ian Gillan and Quiet Riot opening, Dio on the Last in Line tour with Twisted Sister opening, and Triumph w/ Leslie West and Mountain opening. I'll have to check that list. I'm sure there are others I am forgetting.

Found a couple more:

NOV. 25, 1984 KISS w/Queensryche
JUNE 23, l984 JUDAS PRIEST w/Great White

I know I saw KISS on the Crazy Nights and Asylum tours as well, but I am thinking I saw them at the War Memorial in Rochester, NY.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out   Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:27 am

The reason I remember is because my cousin went (whom I would've gone with had I been home) and told me that Axl Rose, who was just starting to gain some noteriety, was ripping off some of Steven Tyler's stage moves. It was also a big deal that most of Aerosmith was fresh outta rehab, clean & sober for Permanent Vacation and GnR were the new "bad boys" on the block.

At the time, I was just beginning to get into Aerosmith, so they were the main attraction for me, although GnR was quickly becoming a favorite for me as well.

PostSubject: Re: Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out   Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concerts filled with Metal-lific fun, but I missed out
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2