Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TourniqueT news

Go down 
+25
Troublezone
ryanmetalman
Dave the Boss
James B.
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
Rami Airola
adrian
Ben Grimm
shamgar75
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
mc666
MetalH
bassman
powermacho
GrandNational
Rex
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

TourniqueT news - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Just like Hagar joining Van Halen or Steve Hogarth joining Marillion (only a few will get that reference), or countless other examples, Luke get thrashed by old time fans because he doesn't measure up to his predessesor. It's not his fault Tourniquet picked him. What was he supposed to do? Pass up the opportunity just because people wouldn't except him in the band? If he was so bad, the band would have kicked him out long ago or people would stop listening to them. The fact is the Tourniquet of old is no more and you guys just need to accept it and move on. I like Luke's voice and while he is not a great vocalist he is adequate and fits the music the band is making these days.

Don't get me wrong, you guys are perfectly in you right to have your opinions. If you don't like the band anymore your well in your right to complain and not listen to Tourniquet. I just don't like to see someone get trashed just for being themselves and living their lives and I feel compelled to defend them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:27 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Just like Hagar joining Van Halen or Steve Hogarth joining Marillion (only a few will get that reference), or countless other examples, Luke get thrashed by old time fans because he doesn't measure up to his predessesor. It's not his fault Tourniquet picked him. What was he supposed to do? Pass up the opportunity just because people wouldn't except him in the band? If he was so bad, the band would have kicked him out long ago or people would stop listening to them. The fact is the Tourniquet of old is no more and you guys just need to accept it and move on. I like Luke's voice and while he is not a great vocalist he is adequate and fits the music the band is making these days.

Don't get me wrong, you guys are perfectly in you right to have your opinions. If you don't like the band anymore your well in your right to complain and not listen to Tourniquet. I just don't like to see someone get trashed just for being themselves and living their lives and I feel compelled to defend them.

I like Vanishing Lessons a lot and I like most of the stuff leading up to Where Moth and Rust. That album didnt do much for me.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 pm

I don't like Luke Easter's attitude. He seems like an arrogant kind of a guy from the message boards when I've seen him interact. Don't care for his singing either, seems to try too hard and has no range. I'll check out the new album when it comes out to see if it's worth my money, but I'll let the suckers support their $22,000 price tag Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 am

I would pitch in some money if it was a reunion album with the Psychosurgery lineup. But everything since Vanishing Lessons has been unremarkable...

And if they're gonna have just one guitar player, He should be a Virtuoso not mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 am

I lost interest with Vanishing Lessons I do like 1 song from that album though "Bearing Gruesome Cargo" but other than that Im not a fan of anything past that. I do wish them success as Im no hater just no longer my cup of tea musically. I still love Stop The Bleeding and Pathogenic Occular Dissonance love both those albums. I have no doubt that they will meet their goal

Edit: Though I gotta admit all the recent talk about Tourniquet I should re-explore post POD era stuff as when Vanishing Lessons came out my tastes were changing big time

Last edited by Addy on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:18 am

I think the person who did 750 is probably a big fan of the band

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:55 am

Addy wrote:

Or Ted's uncle...

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 pm

If this works for them, then great. I'll check it out, I like WMARD but i'll wait until it's actually out. As for personality, if I went by that I wouldn't listen to many bands.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:05 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
As for personality, if I went by that I wouldn't listen to many bands.

Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Luke Easter
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Hello.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquet.net
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Addy wrote:

Or Ted's uncle...

It dont matter to me I know that if i was doing a project and was asking for aid id take all the support i could get, last I heard they were over 10k which is close to the halfway mark
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
Hello.

Howdy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:52 pm

I think the quick support shows how much people really love this band. They are one that seems very polarizing but I own everything by them, still have a Psycho Surgery shirt and will buy any new music by them.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:56 pm

I pray for their continued success, while Im not the metaller I used to be in my youth seeing Christian metal resurging is awesome Though of all the band logos Tourniquet's is my top 2 favs

anyways.... any suggestions for material to check out post POD?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
Hello.

Someone's ears were burning. Razz
Back to top Go down
Luke Easter
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:40 pm

I could feel the love.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
Hello.

Hello, Luke Easter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
I could feel the love.

LOL!!!! We don't bite, just have opinions Smile

You still in the band? Give us an update
Back to top Go down
Luke Easter
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:19 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
LOL!!!! We don't bite, just have opinions Smile

Very definite, unfiltered, and - in some cases - baseless opinions. But, yes; opinions galore.

thejokeriv wrote:
You still in the band? Give us an update

Been in the band since June, 1993. We're trying to fund the new album (as you know) and then we'll get to work.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
I could feel the love.

It's the way we roll on this board. For those who can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen Laughing
Back to top Go down
Luke Easter
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm

So, tired cliches excuse gauche, ill-informed rudeness on this board. Good to know.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
So, tired cliches excuse gauche, ill-informed rudeness on this board. Good to know.

Sounds like ToB in disguise!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:58 pm

VL was a good debut for Luke... If they could manage to at least get to something of that quality, I think the new record might be alright... Especially with Neil Kernon's production.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Hello Luke! Looking forward to the new album hopefully sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:16 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Luke Easter wrote:

Sounds like ToB in disguise!!!!!!

Nah, TOB is a f*cking hallmark card dipped in pink kitten tears compared to easter. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TourniqueT news   TourniqueT news - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TourniqueT news
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next