Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Church vs The Dark

Go down 
+16
troublemagnet
martinsane
MoonChild
bassman
adrian
stepcousin
DallasBlack
Joe
Required Fields
mc666
nevermore
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Gilbert
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which is better?
Metal Church
Metal Church vs The Dark Vote_lcap73%Metal Church vs The Dark Vote_rcap
 73% [ 27 ]
The Dark
Metal Church vs The Dark Vote_lcap27%Metal Church vs The Dark Vote_rcap
 27% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Metal Church vs The Dark Empty
PostSubject: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:08 am

Two of my old time favourite albums.

Which is better?

I prefer Metal Church: heavier, rawer Metal Church vs The Dark 11840
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:16 am

Love 'em both, but I tend to listen to the debut more. However, Ton of Bricks is one of my favorite Metal Church songs, which is why Ultimatum did a cover of that particular song. Metal Church vs The Dark 11840

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:35 am

Both are great albums but the debut is one of my all time faves so it gets the nod.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:43 am

BTW Gilbert, hope you don't mind I added a poll to your thread.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:01 am

I gave the nod to the debut one of best metal debut albums of the 80's IMO
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:03 am

Both are awesome recordings but I had to lean toward the debut. It's just slightly the better of the two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:06 am

I was fairly dissapointed with The Dark when it initially came out, it just didn't have that same spontaneous energy the debut had.

I listened to it about a year ago, it's a good enough record, but still doesn't inspire.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 pm

I went with the debut. I like it just a little bit better than The Dark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Love them both from one of my favorite bands but the S/T by a slight edge.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:31 pm

like them both, but the debut is my fave MC.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:47 pm

The Dark is great, but I prefer the self titled debut.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 pm

The self titled debut all the way!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Both are great albums but I went with The Dark because it was my first.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:26 pm

I love the first album, it is up there near the top of the mid 80's thrash ( or whatever you wanna call it, I lump it in with the other bands during the mid 80's underground American thrash metal movement) debut albums.
However, I like The Dark slightly better. It is sharper and faster and the band is tighter and the songs are much more developed and written better musically. David Wayne is at his prime here, too.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:12 pm

I personally prefer The Dark. I love every song very much and David Wayne just sounds great.

The self-titled is great as well, but I don't listen as much. I will say that Beyond the Black/Metal Church are pretty much the two coolest opening songs to an album ever, and it's impossible to listen to one without the other. I also really love (My Favorite)Nightmare, but the rest of the material just isn't quite on the level of The Dark for me.

But as far as I'm concerned, either of those two albums or Blessing in Disguise can blow away almost any other album released ever.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:54 pm

S/T for me, raw and aggressive. Somewhere between thrash and power metal is a good place to be!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 am

ultmetal wrote:
BTW Gilbert, hope you don't mind I added a poll to your thread.

You're the boss, bro
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 am

Listened to both last night and my choice still stands. The Dark contains two of my favorite songs; Ton Of Bricks and Watch The Children Pray.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:25 am

I go with Metal Church.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:34 pm

The S/T title is my fave, but both the Wayne fronted Metal Church albums are classics. Even Masterpeice is a good album and the Wayne-Metal Church record is quintescential.

LOVE the Metal Church!!!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:16 pm

martinsane wrote:
The S/T title is my fave, but both the Wayne fronted Metal Church albums are classics. Even Masterpeice is a good album and the Wayne-Metal Church record is quintescential.

LOVE the Metal Church!!!
I still need the Wayne - Metal Church album, but I do agree that Masterpeace is good.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:39 am

The self-titled has a superior production. To me, "The Dark" has a couple of classics, "watch" and "ton of bricks" with the rest being mostly filler. The debut even has a better album cover. I also thought that "Masterpeace" was horrible, while "Hanging in the Balance" was an underated claasic, the best of the Mike Howe era.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:32 am

Metal Church all the way. The Dark is good, but it doesn't even come close to the greatness of the debut album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 pm

Quote :
I also thought that "Masterpeace" was horrible, while "Hanging in the Balance" was an underated claasic, the best of the Mike Howe era.

I like Masterpeace but you're right about Hanging, that thing is awesome.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:08 am

The s/t is totally on a level with few peers. I do enjoy the Metal Church catalog, especially the first four, but the first one is the one for me. Could be a lot of nostalgia going along with my feelings.
I did catch them on "The Dark" tour opening up for Metallica who were on their Master Of Puppets tour; and then a year later with Howe on the "Blessing..." tour as a headliner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church vs The Dark   Metal Church vs The Dark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Church vs The Dark
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next