Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?

Go down 
+15
James B.
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
martinsane
MetallicSeminarian
nevermore
the sentinel
Witchfinder
MoonChild
Glower
Wrecked Neck
80s Metal Lady
19 posters

Beyond the Black
Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_lcap20%Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
Metal Church
Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_lcap32%Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_rcap
 32% [ 8 ]
Merciless Onslaught
Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_lcap0%Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gods of Wrath
Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_lcap28%Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_rcap
 28% [ 7 ]
Hitman
Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_lcap8%Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
In the Blood
Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_lcap4%Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
(My Favorite) Nightmare
Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_lcap4%Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Battalions
 4% [ 1 ]
Highway Star
Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_lcap0%Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Empty
PostSubject: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 12:38 am

The album polls have seemed to stop, so I want to start a Metal Church set of polls in honor of their current tour and seeing them in San Diego early next month.

Metal Church, their debut album, was released in July 1984 on the Ground Zero label. It was reissued by Elektra Records the following year. It featured David Wayne on vocals, Kurdt Vanderhoof and Craig Wells on guitars, Duke Erickson on bass, and Kirk Arrington on drums.

I really like this debut, even a bit more than their sophomore album, The Dark.

Three songs stand out to me as being the best on this album: "Metal Church," "Gods of Wrath," and "In the Blood." It's a tough choice, but I'm picking "Metal Church."
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 1:47 am

Toss up between the first two songs, both songs still give me chills. When I saw them on the generation nothing tour they closed the show playing both songs and it nearly hospitalized me lol
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 6:02 am

Your woman's unfaithful,
she's got a backdoor man
You've seen the signs
and you understand
Don't get excited now,
I know just what to do
I got the guns, ha-ha, I got the tools

Yes I'm the one they call the man
Any time at all, I'm just a hitman
I'll get the job done
No one will ever know
it was you, it was you

They got their men promoted
before it's time
His neck you break
for one thin measly dime
Don't get excited, I got a plan
We'll take him down now, he'll be one dead man

Just don't pay me, then you will see
What a dead man really can do

You're at the cemetery
feeling all alone
Just like a dog who done stole the bone
You start to cry or make one little sound
You'll be the next one,
I'll put you in the ground
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 8:03 am

All songs are fantastic and it's hard to pick just one standout, so I just went with Beyond The Black.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 8:48 am

Fabulous album.

I pick God's of Wrath.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 8:49 am

"Gods of Wrath" for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 9:58 am

This whole album is an absolute fave of mine, but "Gods of Wrath" is everything a Metal song should be. In High School, I had "Blessing" and "Human Factor" (and Heretic's "Breaking Point") on cassette as I absolutely loved MH's voice. I remember taping a local Metal show (as I often did) in 87/88 and getting "Gods of Wrath" and friggin' loved it. For the next few years this is one of my favorite mix tapes. I had a weekend job then working for a family friend who owned an over night cleaning service. I remember vividly me and a friend cleaning the restaurants and bowling alleys with our Walkmans on. It's not until I get to college that my RA borrows the tape to bring home for the weekend so a friend can identify the "unknown track" for me. Of course I was floored when I found out it was MC. I knew they had the first 2 albums (and it was a different lead singer) but I had never heard anything from them. Life is funny like that.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Gods Of Wrath gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 1:11 pm

Gods of Wrath just ahead of Metal Church.

This is actually one of my least favorites of theirs but I still enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 4:59 am

The entire record is perfect and without a doubt my favorite MC album. I bought the bands self released cassette at a local Kent record store when it first came out and played the dickens out of it all through high school and beyond. I even had a big Metal Church mural on my rear window of my car as I was so enamored by them.

If I had to pick a fave and it is tough to do, it is a toss up between My Favorite Nightmare, Metal Church and Gods. I voted for MFN as I wouldn't think anyone else would.

So glad I was around the area when they were getting ramped up as I was fortunate enough to see all the versions of the band live and such.

Still one of my favorite bands and not just cause they are locals.

RIP Reverend.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 7:52 am

It's hard to pick a single favorite track as this is a great album start to finish. Even though Howe era will always be my favorite, I love Wayne's vocals with MC and Reverend. I voted Beyond the Black but really could have went with any of these.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 8:23 am

Gods of Wrath but it's a tough pick cuz this is one of the best metal debut albums EVER. I swear it's actually gotten better with age.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 5:30 pm

The whole album is fantastic.

My vote could change depending on the day. But I voted for Battalions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 7:29 am

In the Blood, followed by Beyond the Black.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 9:50 am

"Beyond The Black"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 10:56 am

Gods of wrath
Most memorable, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 1:33 pm

Metal church. Best song ever by the band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Definitely the title track. I'll never forget the goosebumps when I first heard it. Bought the cassette as a blue light special at Kmart in '93!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 11:10 am

METAL CHURCH!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church?   Which Song Do You Worship Off Metal Church's Debut Album, Metal Church? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1